Namechanging Heartseeker Hawk (Ranger epic pet)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Gematria, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Gematria Active Member

Hey.

Is it possible to namechange the hawk to the characters name?

Whenever i try, be it by command or by right clicking pet, i get told that i cannot rename the pet to my characters name.

Even if it just contains my characters name it wont change it.

I have seen rangers with the hawk having the same name as the caster, is there a workaround for this? Or am i just bugged?
  2. Wilowsong Active Member

I tested this with my personae reflection, I was able to give it my character's name. Maybe it's a bug with the hawk? Try sending in a /bug or open a support ticket.
    Hope this helps,
    Wilowsong.
  3. Gematria Active Member

Yes. It works on pretty much all other pets, but for some reason not at all on my rangers hawk.

As i wrote, others have been able to do it, so im not assuming its a bug with the hawk itself. It could either be my characters name is flagged as bad name, or that there is some workaround for it that im not aware of.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I assume you have relogged, rebooted your computer, i.e., all the simple things. Create a support ticket is probably the best bet.

My mystic is named Bonekeeper (she started pixel life as the Lore & Legend mule for our guild, back before depots). For years, her dog was named Bonedigger, but recently it stopped allowing that name (I'm betting the -igger part was tripping an n-word filter, even though it's innocuous in this context) I wasn't trying to make the name identical to mine, so it wasn't a hardship to work around it. I did contact customer service, and they had no idea why it wouldn't let me name my dog Bonedigger and they said there was nothing they could do. Therefore, I named the dog Bonedígger and that worked Just Fine.