Nails,,, Nails,,, Nails

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sydnye, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Sydnye Member

Sooo how many nails does one have to get before a recipe drops? yes yes i already know some of you are "oh what do you mean i get a recipe everytime LOL" I guess im a little salty ,,, been trying for the rare food recipe seems like forever and what the heck does anyone need with bags of nails unless your roofing a house :)
    Spextasy, Kattt and Twyla like this.
  2. Cisteros Active Member

My longest streak has been 10 nails between actual recipe books, but full disclosure, I already have a stack of potion of progreses so I cannot receive those as a reward :D
  3. Kloo Active Member

I feel your pain. I am running only 2 toons through as often as possible, usually every day, and I get very, very few recipes, a couple of progress potions and bags full of nails. I promise I was good this year, can't Santa Glug grant me recipe books a little more often please?
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

56 nails
    4 recipes
    6 potions
  5. Miaga Member

Yup the amount of nails is ridiculous, it's like the Merc gear for ts. Nothing like spending your time completing a quest only to get rewarded with trash that is pointless. It does kind of mirror the rest of the expac in getting useless rewards for quests, chests, collection, achievements....
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

LOL..funny you asked this question. With my tongue in cheek sense of humor, I was tempted to ask Denmum if she was working on a new TS class called "Coffinmaker," cause all I'm seeing is nails and more nails, haha.
    Kuulei, Twyla, AOE1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Miaga Member

Maybe we can have a bed of nails...
    Twyla and AOE1 like this.
  8. Kloo Active Member

Or an Iron Maiden...
    AOE1 likes this.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I am running up to 6 through it multiple times a day and I could build a house with the amount of nails. I have managed to put them on all my alts crafting gear and still have nails left over.

Potions, I got one but that is the ONLY toon that doesn't keep 20 in their bags so they won't get more.

And I might add that I am sure there are enough Advanced Hizite Tailor Volume 1 books on the market to outfit the entire server. I cannot even tell you how many of those I have gotten. I do recall 2 in same day once but usually 1 every couple of days.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Breaking News! In tomorrows patch nails have been replaced with chess pieces.
    girney, Breanna, Kuulei and 1 other person like this.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Please say your kidding? PLEASE !!!
    Kuulei likes this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Of course lol
    Kuulei likes this.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

After your post I went and read the update notes. Needless to say, I breathed a sigh of relief. lol
    Kuulei likes this.
  14. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

The question should be how many nails before seeing a Provisioner book?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!
  15. Denmum Developer

I am looking at ways to reduce the nails without diluting the rarity of the books, and will make a separate post with details when it is ready to go in.

There are no more patches until January due to holiday brouhaha, so I've got a bit of time to tweak things.
    Yenk, Breanna, Beee and 3 others like this.
  16. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well, I think the issue is just one Prov book compared to 3 for everyone other crafter class.
  17. Saladdin Active Member

Are there any plans to introduce weekly crafting missions with improved rewards? These can be, for example, blanks for equipping mounts, mastery books, RARs, etc. etc.
  18. Miragian Well-Known Member

No weeklies, that's why the tradeskill researcher missions exist. Good news is many of the TS items can also drop in solo's (if not anywhere else).
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Well, today I did my usual round of quest and when I saw the Provy book, I almost fainted. I had to check my bag and read the title again multiple times. I could NOT believe my eyes. lol. Thank you Random !! Finally.
    Cyliena and Xianthia like this.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Go out and buy a lottery ticket, haha. I have yet to see a Provy book, but have a considerable number of nails. I only know of one person who's seen a Provy book in our guild and there's a lot of us running multiple missions during the day. It's ridiculous the drop rate is so low.