Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It's the original startup movie that's playing and it's blank because you don't have the bink movie player installed.
    4. options.
    1. wait it out and let the movie finish
    2. install the bink player - google radtools
    3. try pressing ESC button
    4. edit eq2_recent.ini and add the line cl_movie_enabled false
  2. Daarkstar Active Member

First off, would like to thank the DBG team for bringing PVP back. I'm level 43 and so far have thoroughly enjoyed this new beta server in a way I haven't enjoyed games in a long time. Your quick responses on discord and your quick patches of the level ranges etc was much appreciated and we all definitely feel much better about this server so far than we did with Deathtoll beta. For those of you who haven't played beta yet... you should and my feedback here is a list of improvements to make and not a reflection of the state of the server.

Some initial feedback and areas of concern:

Experience gain:
    • PVP seemed way too fast (not sure if this was intended for beta) in most cases I was getting 30-60% of a level per kill. Has been great for leveling but definitely too quick for Nagafen.
    • PVE was far too slow.... to the point where in Fallen Gate we were yelling off all trash to regen faster between named as XP was not worth it.
    • Crafting XP... have seen a few people complain that it's painfully slow.
    Gear balancing:
    Waaaayyy better than Deathtoll, so great work. But.... still some areas of concern.
    • Healers are especially at a disadvantage as wisdom does not increase heal or ward amount - only spell damage. As a defiler this is particularly frustrating as it seems there just isn't any gear that will actually increase the amount I heal. As someone in treasured gear would heal the same as someone with fabled best-in-slot. As other classes will see increases from their main stat we will not scale as well.
    • There were some instance where treasured loot had better stats than legendary gear around the same level but this was isolated and we haven't explored the loot table enough.
    Class imbalances:
    I think for most returning players this was the biggest concern and finding out that AA's will not be released with vanilla turned off quite a few people who knew it would just be gank squads full of 'scouts, crusaders and druids'. IF you do plan on releasing some AA's in vanilla on Nagafen please tell us as this would change quite a lot.
    • Rogue Offensive Stance: please decrease proc amount on rogue offensive stance (currently showing as 6.0 times per min). It is broken to the point where it is going off around one every 2 seconds. As a caster you can do nothing.... and the scout can just auto you to death. Swashbuckler interupt doing 21% of total damage in pvp (33 times in 1 min): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JsodZM3f4tCEVAdaEiXk401RrKPjYHmS
    • Tank heals: Again, these are percentage based which means that as a tank collects more gear their heal amounts will go up significantly...These are also all castable while running. Why can a paladin run in circles and spam heals without fear of interruptions? This totally voids the need for actual healers and I have seen two paladin effectively heal a pvp group better than a druid/shaman combo. My suggestion: decrease heal amounts or recasts for group heals on paladins and make them stationary for casting. Screenshot of two paladins topping group pvp heal parse: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uJe3jo7u-x1_mUybnyC68v20QWFc1nkU/view?usp=sharing
    • Crusaders are ridiculous: Sure, they are designed for pvp... but Paladins are always top of the heal parse and SK's are always top of the DPS....they are not T1 heal/dmg so can we please tone them down? Otherwise we might as well all roll one. SK top pvp parse by aaaaalot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J0Tk1DGLKnJPfM3OGdNjM9KSsXkT8tHg
    • Harmtouch: Grandmaster at 34 2-3K in PVP on inspection (seem to be landing for 900-1100). Ridiculous....and on a 5 minute cooldown. My emergency ward does 591 on a FIFTEEN MINUTE cooldown. HT on Paladin: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yXJ0og1_ZUN0LlbXnOv0Ca5k8fNv9-Ir
    • Assassin CC: 8 second stifle and 14 second root? Please (halve) put in-line with the recent enchanter nerfs.
    • Classes that charm: Full duration charm is unnecessary. Cap it at around 10 seconds.
    • Shamans and Clerics: This one probably warrants an entire thread of it's own. Deathtoll had two massive threads on this issue which never once got developer feedback, please...don't ignore us on this. As the current #1 player on the beta server for kills (and as a defiler) I have definitely "put the time in" with my group (of course not solo....lol) in testing out this class. AWFUL, playing a shaman in pvp is the gaming equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. In the rare occasions I am not dead within the first 1.2 seconds it takes for the other team to eat through my tiny wards I usually spend the next minute running in circles getting constantly interrupted (yes, my focus is maxed) until somebody dies and I get a mini-ding to full hp. My physical mit buff current heals for 30-70% of my total heals each fight because I can't get a *%^#$ heal cast as the cast times are painfully long. I also lack the CC, damage and buffs that druids get so there's essentially no point in playing one. Druids have been consistently doubling or tripling my heal parses in PVP all day and it's beyond frustrating feeling so completely useless every fight. I will go into this more in another thread when I have collected more data, videos and feedback from others but please just know how broken they are. And for those who have clapped back at me in chat today with 'but you'll get casting speed on gear soon' or 'you'll get aa's soon'... please remember that druids and paladins also get those things so shamans/clerics will still be comparatively useless. What annoys me most about this is that it's such an easy fix and doesn't have to be this way. Defiler average looking heal parse where I can't do anything....: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PJS9T4QkD3v_YawgX5Sjr10IKPqiWF7W
    • Fighter taunts: not working, I'm sure everyone is aware of this and it's getting fixed.
    • Guardian: hard to tell without the taunts but feeling pretty useless right now when a pally can MT and also heal like a god.
    • Healer emergencies: please either buff or increase the recast timers. Paladins can instantly heal for 90%+ of an allies health every 5 minutes but I have to wait 15 for my 5-10% ward....You could easily double the power of emergency heals and would still be only a fraction of LoH.
    • Summoner pets: Need more data here as I didn't see many summoners but it would seem their pets have crazy health and mana pools (never seem to go oom even in the longest fights). Dumbfires are predictably super strong again and probably need to be tuned down.
    General PVP Stuffs
    • PVP poster quests are in-game and useable. I take it this was an oversight? It's a bit buggy at the moment
    • /PVP command bugged, only shows kills of the opposing faction so there is a huge difference in what you see there and what you see on the leaderboards.
    • Freeport leaderboard: please more to the docks... it's in the middle of no where right now.
    • Pumice Stone: Ok... I kinda like them but right now they are sooo overpowered. 1 minute recast?? Also quite cheap on the merchant (maybe just because the beta plats) Please change to at least a few minutes... it really removes the fun out of CC'ing people when everyone always seems to just pumice it away.
    • Cross-faction stuff: If you're not going to allow cross-faction tells and guilds then please allow any faction to have any class. Right now it's a bit of a mess having a qeynosian friend who I can group with but can't be guilded with or send tells to...or trade to.
    • Fame: seems a bit weird, almost every death to a group I lose 16 points but some other deaths I will lose 4-6 or maybe nothing at all. Seems that everyone is at a bit of a deficit as the highest title I have seen is slayer.
    • Races: seems like not enough thought has gone into balance here. Arasai/Fae/Kerra runspeed temp buff works in combat, stacks with sprint and is crazzzzyyy good. But as a gnome I get a free repair kit every hour or something....what? Please tinker with some of the racials otherwise the entire Nagafen server will be one of 3-4 races come live launch.
    • Evacuate: seems to be taking people who are in combat, can anyone else confirm this?
    Will provide more feedback in the coming days once i have more data. If anyone else wants to contribute and send me parses or screenshots please do!
    Rease likes this.
  3. Teya New Member

No on nerfing the charm. No class should be nerfed. If you don't like the charm then roll a chanter.
    Pixistik likes this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

This ^ charm is what makes a coercer, its their primary weapon and should be left alone.

How about reducing the low level ranges to 2, then 4, then 8, etc... I think people would have more fun if they stood a fighting chance instead of getting steamrolled.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Please sticky the beta update notes, so they're easy to find.
  6. Daarkstar Active Member

My comment was about the duration of charms in pvp. Saw on several occasions people charming players for far too long. Don't mind charm for PVE but needs to be controlled for charming other players.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Thinwizzy Active Member

I feel like this could have been copy/pasted out of a thread from Deathtoll 3(?) years ago. Feels kinda silly to have to bring it up all over again.

As a berserker, taunts never worked last night. Right now all I am is a bad melee dps with 2 knockbacks.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I believe on DT they eventually fixed paladin and SK by making their heals not percentage based. Just don't touch the one and only bruiser heal please :p

As a coercer i was sending red griefers to their deaths vs guards over and over until they left, was the only way I could punish em lol.

There are more good racials then the speed clickys. Barbarians for example get quicker and cheaper sprint and a 10sec stun immunity clicky. I'd take that over the speed clicky any day.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Naw man, let the coercer have fun beating your group to death with yourself and all you can do is stand there and watch..adds a nice twist the the game.
    Beats the hellouta just standing there mezzed the entire time, at least your productive ;)
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah but a 10-second mez? C'mon now! People are chain mezzed to death without a chance to even squeak let alone fight back. That's crazy OP. And oddly ,it was the case on Deathtoll early on, too. You'd think the devs would use Deathtoll as a template for a starting point, then go from there and tweak more.
  11. Hxktxr New Member

I would like to see pvp gear in, let us gain faction only by killing the other (so we don't farm each other) and if we aren't raided except raid vs raid and bring in a faction/sp merchant with some pvp items that are best in slot/viable so the only gear source isn't pve and tradeskill but there can be still be pve items that are best in slot/viable.
    Also would be cool to see tradeskill xp increased or we get some tradeskill xp from pvp maybe ? :D
    Also what are you going to do when someone freshly starts on the pvp event server and everyone is 50 already, there should be a way to level by pve imo even if its made slower...
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

It's odd that PvP XP is so high, yet crafting is so dog slow no one will bother. That A.) removes some open world PvP as no one will bother harvesting and B.) rockets players to end game naked.

PvE XP is really low, too, so farming gear that way won't be much better.

Instead of shutting down the server in 12 weeks, they should run it like Deathtoll (TL Progressive with 3 months in between expansions). They should tweak gear and classes further, and make it impossible to level lock.

Then the twinked PvP will only be at the end game of each expansion, and newbies will have time to gear up as they level so they don't get endlessly one-shotted at low levels til they leave.
  13. Virgil Member

Class balancing is going to be nearly impossible. In the past it seems they always balance PVP for the group game. Individual class balances are nice but often lead to other imbalances. Either way, it's going to be a long road ahead. But I'm very excited to see DBG doing this. Really gives me hope in the game in general.

For those starting beta test now - Note you ding level 10 right as you start. But it doesn't put icons on your hotbar. So make sure you spend time getting your skills out, setting your racials, etc. Oh, and leave the Isle of Refuge immediately and bank the coin you were given.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Virgil Member

Immunity needs to last long enough to get your power back. Otherwise, they just camp you at the respawn point forcing you to quit the game. You don't want players to quit, right? I don't think that's the point.
  15. Virgil Member

/Who seems to be based on faction. With factionless pvp, that doesn't seem like it should be the case.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah there's always ppl waiting on the Isle to take ur Plat.

@Siren how do I chain mez someone to death? Seeing as mez drops on any dmg taken it sounds quite strange :p
  17. Drdeepsmile New Member

From a veteran hardcore mmo player (full loot drops) but first time EQ2 player: This game has no longevity. It has a very small audience that will play it longer then a week or two. I would not expect this game mode to be a success in it's current form, in fact I would bet against it with 100% certainty that it cannot maintain a playable population.

Game is not even close to being a contender. I'm having fun but 99% of players wont.

No anti-zerg mechanics
    No content other then pvp, only viable way to progress character is through pvp.
    Very innefective escape mechanics
    Little solo content
    No sheep content (crafting/harvesting/pve) because all real progress is made through pvp.

If devs are looking for a game to model after then model after DMM OSRS. You have a delicate ecosystem of sheep, solo pkers to kill the sheep, and clans to kill the solo pkers.

As it stands there is no ecosystem because there are no mechanics in place to promote one.

Anti zerg mechanics is the first thing you need to implement. You cannot have a successful MMO without solo players. Eve Online has local intel/Runescape has single combat zones. Both games have effective escape mechanics. I'm not sure what fit's into EQ2 but is absolutely neccessary you think of something before final release.

This game is DOA unless overhauled.
    Zamza and Pixistik like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Agree^^^
    Now when can we expect BG's?
  19. Blason New Member

Came and tried this out, had some fun, but summoner pets are strangely unresponsive. I got to 27 or so, but quit playing when Neriak/DLW guards became aggressive to me despite being from Neriak. This really sucked because I set my bind somewhere where i would just keep getting killed and any direction i went had llevel 80+ guards that I was kill on site to.

Edit: I also strongly agree with what others have said about the PVE experience. I had initially started questing DLW and even killing extra mobs for exp and quickly felt that it was not worth the time or effort to do. IIRC on the old pvp servers, pvp added features to the game instead of being the only feature.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Torrin Member

I would prefer not touching Charm duration unless Pumice Stones are gotten rid of.
    We didn't need Pumice Stones back in the day, we delt with Mez and Charm just fine then.
    Also I don't know how it has been for Coercers, but as a Troub Charm has been such hit and miss I stopped using it.

From a solo perspective some adjustments need to be made in another area as well.
    Grouping is a thing, it's an important thing, I get that and I don't discredit those who rolled in with a full group ready to go. But I've seen a lot of groups running from each other yet eagerly pouncing on soloers/duoers or a few people having a fight. They'll gladly roll in and kill everyone.
    I've seen groups sitting at literally every zone. A lot of times it's been groups being in groups just to grind exp off non-grouped.
    And don't get me started on the x2-x4 raids running around the first several hours.

There needs to be some sort of system put in place. A sort of reasonable victory calculation made during combat. If a 6 man group rolls over a soloer, that soloer has nearly 0% chance of winning so why does every person in that group get PvP exp / fame / kill count for it just the same as if they each individually 1v1'd that person? Oh but then the exploit would be not being in group so you don't lose as much and they don't gain as much, well if there's 6 attacking 1 and 5 other soloers jump in on the 6 it's not 6v1 anymore is it?

Me personally I have a laugh when I get steamrolled by groups hell I was fighting 2 people 2v1 and had 9 other people roll over me. The log showed 11 people got credit for killing me. I didn't care about the death or the fame loss or w/e i may have dropped, but the fact they all got PvP xp, fame and kill credit for 11 on 1 gank ultimately is what made me think this system needs work.

And I'll end by saying; I charmed Caith and it was hilarious.
    Pixistik, Fetish and Siren like this.