Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Kenxelite New Member

i dunno i always six boxed and sucked in pvp people would seek me out for easy kills but maybe cause i suck
    but theres no writ guy are you sure? dont u get them at lvl 20 craft i thought
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I agree, this is not fun. It's chaotic in a very bad way. It is truly the "dog eat dog" Siren was talking about. 13 lvl pvp range is garbage, what in the actual hell is fun about that? Why am I constantly carnage flagged? Grps are following lvl 9s around to kill em when they ding because a unique kill give more exp then a full WC run. Crafting is so slow it's pointless. Trying to get gear from quests is pointless because everyone is out to get u, the carnage tag do not make this better. After defending myself in dlw for a while the guards there went aggro to me. This mess is not working.

Put it back to faction based pvp OR lower the pvp range down to 4 lvls for the T1 and T2 zones and increase it to max 6 after that.

Get rid of carnage because city pvp isn't a thing anyway.

Increase crafting exp by a tenfold so it can even remotely keep up to the adv lvls.

Make grps unable to get exp or fame from ungrouped players. Or drastically reduce it. I never had a problem with gank squads before but on this server u get them from both factions.

What made eq2 pvp fun was the PVE with added PvP. Meaning that the game played normally with the addition of pvp. This server does not have PVE lol. On cap it will I'm sure, but screw lvling up there with lvl 1 gear and apprentice spells. I know ur gonna tell me that I have the choice to make a grp and farm some gear, but what is the point of that when I could just hunt players instead and power lvl?
    Siren likes this.
  3. Hextall New Member

That didn't work. Just changed resolution and none of them worked. Still just shows black screen. Guess I'll delete beta files and try again. Thanks for the suggestion.
  4. Gorlus New Member

I agree with Surgeon, first time i walked out into the commonlands i saw a necromancer with a stack of 5 other necromancers behind em casting vampire bats (ALL at the exact same moment) blasting anyone who didnt have immunity or was not 10 or above. Kill boxing and then youll see me back.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Kenxelite New Member

as long as nothing is automated boxing is allowed i did it for so many years with so many people reporting and talking to gms and they never banned me and thats 6 accounts they are getting money from so i dunno i dont think they will do away with it anytime soon i havnt ran into it if i do decied to 6 box im easy kills so come get some
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]CaithToday at 9:44 PM

Friends don't let friends cheat in pvp.

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]CaithToday at 9:45 PM

If anyone sees multi boxing or the like in the beta, PM me. Do NOT post them in the open channel. We'll verify, then deal with it.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Two guys were already crying in Discord they got banned for multi boxing; FYI there!
    Zenji likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

9. Juris New Member

@siren is boxing not allowed? I found about the server last night and never played eq2 so decided to swing over and loaded my pcs up. I assumed it would be truebox like everything on eq1. Am I unintentionally doing the wrong thing?
  10. Juris New Member

For the record, im also not breaking the game doing sk or necro superbox teams and decimating people, but rather made a balanced group so I could experience the game itself for the first time too.
  11. Rease New Member

I have to say I am impressed with the quick fix to what was the biggest gripes for a lot of people. I think larger level pvp ranges are good but 12 did seem extreme but these fixes make sense and they are timely. Please keep it up and a big thank you from a pvp only EQ2 player:).
    Siren likes this.
  12. Rease New Member

I have to say also to anyone who is quitting within 1 hour for pretty much any reason you weren't going to give a fair shot here in the first place be honest. It is a beta after a couple years of no PVP. If you want a PVP server in the future you and you want to have anything to say about it you need to play more than 1 hour in beta and feedback lol. Please kindly don't spam this thread with useless 1 hour bad feeling posts because it won't help anyone and best of luck to you in other endeavors.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Juris, read Caith (red name dev's) post that I pasted above. It does plainly say not to multi box. People are already getting banned for it.
  14. Juris New Member

Looking for it. Literally just found this page and only heard of server on Facebook.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

A few suggestions after playing since the server came up.

- PvE combat XP needs a small increase.
    - Should be a slight delay after dropping group, before you can kill your former group mates
    - Killing people of your own faction should not lower reputation for your own city (Neriak guards were killing me and I was an evil character)
    - Should have some kind of immunity after re-spawning in Darklight Wood.
    - Very pleased so far, look forward to doing more tomorrow.
    - The adjusted PvP level ranges seem spot on. Well done.
    - Could we have a post explaining in detail how PvP XP is intended to work? Recent kill list, % of normal XP you are worth etc. Does getting the killing blow effect the XP you get? Is there some sort of contribution system or is the XP split evenly among all participants in and out of group? Had some what seemed irregular results (probably because I wasn't understanding it)
    Virgil likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

I don't understand slowing crafting XP way down to where no one wants to do it anymore; harvesting is a huge source of open PvP across the landscapes. Plus, questing gives so little XP that people don't want to gear that way either.
  17. Tanager New Member

I am joining Nagafen as a crafter and a merchant - not for the PvP. I find that going about my business while constantly having to pay attention to my surroundings makes the game much more interesting. With that in mind, I have a few opinions I would like to put out there :)

1) Please do not separate the chat channels into Good and Evil. Half the fun of PvP for most PvPers is the ... chat. While I find most of that to be childish and easily ignored, sometimes it can be entertaining. The PvPers get to thump their chests and folks who don't enjoy it can put them on ignore, while the rest of us go grab some popcorn.

2) Since this is a free-trade server, please allow Good and Evil to be able to directly trade an item (willingly).

3) In fact, just lose most of the Good/Evil thing and make it the same as other servers. I know it is retro and nostalgic and whatnot, but it is ultimately harmful to a PvP server in my opinion because it limits interactions and makes it more difficult for a community. The PvP membership of EQ2 is not large, and stifling it will do far more harm than good.

4) Please have Work and Rush orders for tradeskilling. Not only does the lack of them create horrifically slow leveling but there is no way to earn faction standing with the city tradeskill merchants to unlock their wares. I know Butcherblock and Steamfont are part of later expansions, but so is New Halas and they are at levels that match the current event and would allow the tradeskill timeline to continue.

That is all for now! Carry on with the carnage.
  18. Hi!! New Member

I played for a little while when the server first came up. I basically walked straight to darklight woods, hit 10 from the exploration xp, then started attacking the first person I saw in the attempt to start a fight. I then spent the rest of my time re-spawning and attacking the first person I saw. I died a lot, but got in on enough kills to make it to 19 by the time I finished, and was doing a decent job of keeping up

I tried to draw players who were attacking me towards other players (to start bigger fights), and did my best to try and jump in with the underdogs to try and make fights closer to even. The combat was pretty nonstop, and fun, though it gave me some concerns about what pvp-based open world pvp progression is going to look like. I don't imagine that if I deleted and re-rolled tomorrow, the amount of people available to fight at level 10 or my rate of progression would be anywhere near the same.
  19. Dismal New Member

Where do we report the bot groups at?
    Virgil likes this.
  20. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

- pvp exp was off i think. People were getting a level or two by killing one player.
    - in the neriak newb zones guards kept attacking me and i dont know why. Did i lose faction by killing dark elfs?
    - a lvl 10 coercer charmed me (i was lvl 19) for several minutes and made me attack guards. Need to fix that.
    - Ive had more rings and earrings than i can actually wear at lvl 9 when getting into the game.
    - cant say much about balancing yet, we were all kinde nude.
    - 13 lvl pvp range in a newb zone is too high. Bring it back to 4 , tier2-3 then 8 level and later on without level.
    - need immunity when respawning. I saw people getting killed over and over.

It was very chaotical yesterday but i had fun. Its way too early to judge anything tho.
    Virgil and Siren like this.