Nagafen PvP Beta - gear

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dorsan, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Dorsan New Member

Hello,

You guys are doing the same mistake you did when the old Nagafen was still up. Putting the best gear in instances kills the fun on a PvP server. The quest gear should be rewarding and the gear from the contested nameds should be enough. If the quest gear is wortless, and the contested gear is worthless too, people have no incentive to be out in the open and the zerg is fun for only so long.

With the way you have the gear currently, this won't end well.
    Alway likes this.
  2. Dorsan New Member

Sorry, somehow I made a mistake in the previous post. The gear from the contested nameds should be even better is what I meant to write.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

You may want to wait until Itemization is complete before making statements like that. Caith just did 40,000 items today, and made a point to say he was not done yet.
  4. Dorsan New Member

The 40.000 items changed were all the open world pieces nerfed down to the MC gear level and made exactly the same. Which is why I made this thread in the first place.
  5. Clairvoyiant Member

6. Zenji Well-Known Member

With the absence of secondary stats, there is not much to differentiate gear other than the amount of primary and procs. So not sure what you are wanting. Level 50 gear has more primary stats than level 40 gear, that is about the extent of upgrades in Vanilla.
  7. Dorsan New Member

I did some further testing and it turns out even treasured gear from easy heroic instances is better than the open world quest gear and is the same as the open world contested heroic gear.

The best gear should come from contested mobs on a pvp server to encourage people to be out on the open.

As it currently stands these are the stats (from what I could get):
    uncommon, mastercrafted, quested: 13 stat gear
    heroic open world treasured drops, instanced treasured, instance uncommon (!?): 14/15 stat gear
    instanced legendary: 18 stat gear
    instanced fabled: 22 stat gear

I would change that up to:
    handcrafted: 10
    uncommon: 11
    instanced treasured / mastercrafted: 13
    quested treasured: 14
    open world heroic treasured: 15
    instanced legendary: 16
    open world legendary: 17
    instanced fabled: 18
    open world fabled: 20

I'm talking about level 41-50 gear of course.
  8. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Theres always going to be some solid gear that comes from instances, no way around it. You could even have a few BiS pieces from instances, as long as a majority are coming from contested mobs or actually raiding I don't see the problem. And tbh a + or - 1 stat isn't even a big deal. The pieces from contesteds and raids should be clearly superior to everything else with contested dropping the absolute best(think like avatar gear but not really avatar gear)
  9. Dorsan New Member

They can easily get around it because this server is supposed to be mainly PvP. When we had the same drops as the rest of the servers there was no way around it. But in this specific case there is. The less time people spend in instances the more PvP we will have.

Also, I forgot to write in my old post. It would be nice if we would at least get some weak procs on some legendary/fabled pieces. Nothing much, just something weaker, to make some items more desirable than others.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Have you played Vanilla before? Most raid mobs are contested, most heroic content is contested. So ya most gear will be from contested mobs. Yes it changes as expansions come out. KoS and EoF still felt fairly balanced with contested vs instanced. But it didn't really get instance heavy until TSO.

You might actually want to look at Fabled drops, many of them have procs. Everything from main stat buffs, stamina buffs, mana or health buffs, ward procs, damage procs, aoe damage procs, stifle / stun / knock downs, slows/snares. Most of those proc items more often than not, drop from contested mobs.

It really sounds like you are complaining about stuff with out having any knowledge about it.
  11. Dorsan New Member

I did the contested heroics on the beta and I did the instanced ones. The instanced ones have better gear. You are hostile without any reason for it. I don't see what is wrong with the numbers I suggested, it is very similar to what we have now, but with a greater emphasis on open world content. If you keep up with the ad hominem attacks, I won't reply to you anymore.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

Did you read what I quoted? It is what my comment was directed at. Also if you think my previous comment was a hostile attack, you need to toughen up a little champ.

The changes to main stat that you are suggesting takes time and creates more work that is better spent doing something that actually matters. A 1-2 stat difference per item is a drop in the bucket.

Also you asked for proc gear, when Vanilla is chock-full of it, so obviously I was correct to assume you have very little knowledge on the topic and instead of becoming informed, you came to the forums to make uninformed suggestions.
  13. Dorsan New Member

I asked for proc gear because I was under the impression they are disabling all procs for pvp. (like they did in SF)

I actually asked in chat for people to link any proc gear, and have seen an item that does have a proc enabled, altho I am not sure if the proc works in PvP or not. I personally didn't loot anything with procs yet on the beta.