Mythical relic restrictions

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sabap, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Sabap New Member

I am not able to grasp the reasoning behind restricting the number of Mythical relic items that you can equip at once. I now have 4 pieces of this type of gear, one of which was purchased in Nye'Celona for quite a bit of tokens, plat and Status points. Nowhere in the descriptions of these items does it warn you of the restriction. Imagine my disgust when I found this out after the fact. Of the other two pieces that I had on, one was the Hydra-Scale helm. I had already transmuted my old helm when I obtained it, so I had no replacement. All I could do is remove the Mythical arms from one of the key chests. Later, I received a Mythical relic chest piece from a Heroic quest reward. Again.. I could not use them, due to not having a replacement helm. All I could do is remove the ring that was purchased in Nye'Celona (which is not beneficial). So at this point, the Mythical items that I receive after countless hours of adventuring, doing Public Quests, etc.. are useless.

I don't see the reason behind the restrictions and would ask that the devs consider rethinking this.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's the whole idea behind mythical relics - easy to get, it help to boost your resolve (2x20 resolve pieces) it have decent stats but you do have limits - 2 regular relics and 1 greater relic
    Mermut likes this.
  3. Sabap New Member

That didn't really answer my question or the fact that it's not indicated in the description of the items.
  4. kluxor Well-Known Member

I personally love the idea of relics. Great way to get some very high quality gear, without a lot of effort. Effort comes in my knowing how to min max pieces, swapping relic slots as different raid drops are obtained to maximize value, etc.

BUUUUT..... I'd be completely ok if they got rid of the relic system so I could stop hearing the persistent whining of everyone about how you can only equip 2, not knowing the game mechanics, etc. You really think they're gonna let you put easily obtained best in slot items in every slot? No, stop asking
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

There a lot of items that don't come with instruction manuals - not to be snarky! When relic items were released, back in November 2015, all the details were given then, in forum and in a webcast. Greater relic was released much later as a way to allow wearing 2 relic items and still allow a greater relic.

Lore items don't tell you when you examine them that you can't wear more than one (or even pick up more than one depending on the item/shiny). You find that out the hard way.

To echo what kluxor said, part of the effort is learning how to best combine the items to get best results for each situation.

I did a forum search for "relic restriction" and this thread popped right up, as a head's up. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/please-do-not-use-relic-flag-so-often.565934/
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Sabap New Member

It wouldn't be EQ2 without some type of snide comment... thank you so much for making my post complete.
    Also, to keep down on confusion, any friend that I refer to EQ2 will be instructed to read through 13 years of posts, so that they will be well informed before playing.

Thank you!
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

because a simple "what does relic mean comment?' in guild or general chat is so much harder than making a post on the forums crying about how you didnt know what you were doing?

No where does it say what LORE means. No where does it say what HEIRLOOM means. Do they need to add a mouse-over to every item explaining each minute detail to you about it? Figure things out, its part of the game
  8. Kioske Well-Known Member

Relic gear is basically raid gear you can get for doing simple quests that even the most casual of player can complete without much effort. It makes sense that you can only wear two pieces.

Mythical Relic Pants: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4091769011

T3 Raid Boss Pants: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4013491429

As you can see, the relic pants are still even better than the raid gear.

What I don't understand is why on earth a piece that drops off of a T3 raid boss is relic...

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3687885720
    Revanu likes this.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

1400 pot maybe?
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

While there isn't a mouse-over or similar to explain what Lore or Relic mean, you do get an in-game message when trying to equip one that you aren't allowed to (for instance, trying to equip a third Relic item gives the message "You may only equip 2 RELICs at a time" in bright red text in your chat window).

It doesn't help before you actually try to equip or loot the item, which is unfortunate, but the game does at least give an explanation as to why looting/equipping fails when you try to use/loot the item.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Ragonok New Member

EQ2, and especially EQ original have ALWAYS been about learning a bunch of game stuff from other players, in game and wiki type sites. Sure, it can be all spoon fed but then you lose the value of adventuring and community and yes there is a balance of information that should come from descriptions too. Most common are quests that ask you to find something but provide zero clues where... I'd like at least some clues, but without the player community, you'd never find most of these things. There has been a huge slide from predominantly group content to solo content that sacrifices the community value of EQ. Give up the challenge and community and at some point you can just watch a movie instead.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

One greater Relic and 2 relic items .. and dont ask why :)