Mythical Nerf inc

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Lcneed, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Lcneed Guest

On test:
    Dirge
    • All forms of Intrepid Strike have been changed. The Legendary Intrepid Strike now grants 15% Flurry, Potency and PvP Potency. The Mythical and Spell versions grant 25% Flurry, Potency and PvP Potency. The ability has been changed to stack additively instead of multiplicatively with Potency, Flurry and Multi-Attack. Had this not been addressed, the advantage from Intrepid Strike would have grown indefinitely with those stats.
  2. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

I was just thinking it was time for an early retirement too!
  3. ARCHIVED-insano19t Guest

so. is this in the response of the troubs whining and complaining?

look at whaat they get.. and we got hit with nerf bat...

keep the max dmg that we get.. and give us the flurry thing and pot but maybe 5% flurry and 5% pot?

geeze.. this is bad
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

I think a nerf can be worse than getting a 25 % flurry buff.
  5. ARCHIVED-inzewood Guest

for now it look like a fair trade, it was about time dirge myth was fixed.
  6. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

You guys are overlooking exactly how much the myth was doing. 25% flurry is no where near even in comparison - especially if alot of those flurrys end up -11k depending on various circumstances. As is w/o myth proc our dps was not much diff from a troub. It was higher but not by much since melee dmg was not a factor. In alot of cases w/o your myth proc'n you may have lost to the troub in the mage group.
    At any rate troubs are being buffed while the myth is being nerfed for us. Only time will tell just how bad this is, and if we end up being lesser on parse(b/c that is all troubs and dirges are concerned about) after all is said and done. The silver lining is that SoE is doing this not long b4 releasing BST so it just means we can reroll to something higher on dps!
  7. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Time to betray to troub so I can show them all how bad they are.
  8. ARCHIVED-Korhallen3 Guest

Chicken Little's everywhere up in here. If you rolled your dirge just to get the Mythical, I feel bad for you. Truly. You won't betray to Troubadour, I know it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Korhallen3 wrote:
    I won't because my guild leader said no :(

I'll have to work on my troub alt at some point.
  10. ARCHIVED-Midjet Guest

Change the Potency to Crit Bonus please. Potency is stupid. Stop giving us Potency.
  11. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

insano19t wrote:
    That's a joke, right? Look at what the dirge myth does vs the troub myth, and then tell me how "nerfed" you are.
  12. ARCHIVED-Midjet Guest

Laiina wrote:
    You have to look at the whole package. SOE made our class around that dirge myth and is now taking it away. Our DPS was mostly from auto attack damage. Our CA's aren't that powerful. They are increasing troubs and nerfing dirges.
    Flurry is great and everything but have you actually looked at flurry rate? After at about 20% your pretty much Flurring every swing already. Flurry isn't going to increase us much.
  13. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Widjet@Butcherblock wrote:
    You think they dont know that? I questioned why Cadence had potency too. However its more a problem if you think they are overly concerned also.
    Time to reroll GuildWars2!
  14. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Laiina wrote:
    OK, I will.
    Dirge Part 1: Max hits on melee proc vs Troub Part 1: 15% crit chance and a damage proc.
    Dirge, at best it's a 35-40k dps increase. Troubs get like 2k dps, cool. Dirges win.

Dirge Part 2: 10% potency to CAs vs Troub Part 2: 10% potency to spells.
    Dirges (THE OPPOSITE OF BLOW) here. They buff one person with this, dps scouts. Dirge and Tank don't gain much from it. Gratz on your +5k dps, assassin. And maybe 5k combined from dirge and tank. Troubs, 10% potency to three mages and yourself is worth at least 30-40k dps. Gratz, troubs win as much as dirges won on the first round.

Dirge Part 3: CoB raidwide vs Troub Part 3: PotM raidwide.
    PotM is far better than CoB.

So in short, the troub myth was better.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE: Troubs saw dirges got more personal dps gain, so they were like WAHHHHHHHHHH WE WANT TO BE BETTER AND WE HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF BALANCE NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES NERF DIRGES.

So now, the troub myth is far better than dirge myth instead of just slightly better.
  15. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Laiina wrote:
    Are we playing the same game? Or are you some casual who has no clue about raiding as bard and just decided to chime in?
  16. ARCHIVED-Lcneed Guest

Maybe dirge mythical is over power, but what I found funny is their reason of nerfing it. I thought a class defining mythical should have grown indefinitely with the character as the character becomes more powerful. They should have designed all class mythicals that way. Even if it does not grow more powerful, it should at least stay the same. When a mythical has fixed stats attached to it, it will eventually become obsolete. Just look at that Troubie's mythical. 25% flurry maybe okay now, but what happens in a year or 2 when you are at level 100 when every piece of eq gives you 15% flurry? Just look at the zerker mythical. 100% AE was awesome.. a year or 2 ago.
    I guess their goal is to just let the mythical and epic fade into the background instead of redesigning them to have lasting power.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Widjet@Butcherblock wrote:
    How about no. Even after the changes its the best melee DPS myth proc in the game, way better than the assassin one for instance. CB > Potency so if they did change it to CB it'd have to be like 10 CB instead of 25 potency.
  18. ARCHIVED-Midjet Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I'll take it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Dirges got an overpowered proc to begin with because they (OPPOSITE OF BLOW)ed compared to troubs. Now they're trying to nerf it so it doesn't get even more OP over time without nerfing our current dps. For which, the potency needs to be changed to CB because potency affects less than 30% of our parse, if what I recall about potency not affecting procs cast by other people is true.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Alternatively, look at our CAs and boost them like you did the troub CAs, then change our myth proc to something bad like 15% MA and a bad damage proc.