Mystics orange rune

Discussion in 'Priests' started by knine, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Chewie915 Member

go get a clue because obviously you're an idiot. if i wanted to be a defiler i would be one. what i want is something on par i.e balance, equality whatever you want to call it. what i dont want is for a second year to be stuck with the same thoughtless garbage rune from the year before while the sister class and other class once again look forward to their item. and if you think the job stops and just healing and going afk then double the first remark.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

pump the breaks ^^. While it isn't as spectacular as defiler rune, its still good in its own right. Mystics are really strong this expansion and quite frankly, if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be hearing more chants re. nerfing mystics. Some classes will always get the love while others won't, it is what it is.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

No the job doesn't stop at just healing.. I'm usually parsing average 500 million plus, more depending on some encoutners, curing, curing curses, debuffs, ascensions for combat mit decrease, so I don't just sit back and afk auto attack. I don't like the torpor rune either and think its garbage. I want to try and get it changed and have submitted feedback to devs, however 300% damage boost to this and whatever to that isn't going to cut it.. Group torpor or oberon.. sound ideas... I do have a clue.. thus I would like to get it changed, however since we're usually second on the heal parse(not that it matters) and out of the healers most likely second maybe third, we're not hurting at all.. Goal is get it adjusted to something useful. Goal isn't to whine and complain about how overpowered another one's class rune is.. but to try and change mystic's to something useful :) I've got a clue.. you should get clue jr, since that's how you're acting and obviously that's your level :)
    Daryl likes this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

shamans will always be first on the heal parse, unless you really slack. just because of how your wards work.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. knine Well-Known Member

That's why I say it's worthless to look at a heal parse :)
  6. Tamila New Member

I'd love to see it changed, it sucks right now. Group torpor would be my choice, any direct heal or hot would be awesome. Any mystic in a raid not healing a tank could use more ways to deal with tick dmg. Good luck Knine :)
  7. Chewie915 Member

this may not be the right thread for this, but please Devs stop punishing Mystics. not only is the orange rune horrible 2 years in a row, but it does not even give the useless WDB over cap that it claims to. the increased heal amount is not even noticeable. I even tried using the other orange ethereal rune over the class rune and its broken too. rune of expedience procs once a minute if you're lucky, never the 3.x a minute it says either. the mystic epic abilities, omg, the bolster duration still has not been fixed. on top of that we are punished for 17 seconds of Wendigo with no casting of beneficial and the heal portion that NEVER procs either. Its mid September now as we have just been dealing with all expac long holding hope that some of these things will be addressed. I'm guessing not at this point.
  8. Chewie915 Member

Oh somehow i forgot to add Spirit Tap to the list. It drains power and kills groups...the opposite of what it says it SHOULD do.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

Spirit Tap is garbage, it hasnt worked right since Thalumbra Expac. Mystics really dont NEED anything to make them a better class. Even with us getting our LONGSTANDING passive DR buff nerfed hard and spirit tap being broken, we still perform better than ALL of the other healers in a SOLO healing setup and especially in a GROUP setup. (and by SOLO and GRP im referring to end game Raiding)

Of course I'd love to see a benefit to our class. Lets keep in mind bolster still isnt even working right and has been openly acknowledged by DBG that they DONT know how to fix it and that its not on the "get fixed list"

Also keep in mind, Torpor hasnt worked properly in a long time so the cloak rune affix is just another slap to the face.

Anytime mystics perform un-nerfed and exceedingly well we get nerf chants. And now we are stuck with broken abilities and still hear the nerf chant.

/sigh
  10. Chillispike Active Member

Depents on the setup and the fight .. a channeler can keep up with a shamy (intercept comes before ward and the interspection heal on bleedtrough)

Prolly the "funniest" outhealing of a shamy i've done with my Channeler was on stumpy fight .. when the named ramped up his damage to the hard parts i made him miss the next 4 hits (no dmg = nothing to heal) and then intercepted 100% of the incomming damage on the Tank (hardest hits and i took em => shamy had "nothing" to heal).
  11. knine Well-Known Member

So I talked with a DEV a couple months back and was giving him feedback on the rune and he responded by saying shoot me an email with sound ideas and what I think the problem was, because he didn't see one with the rune at all. Waited, even hit 2 more up via email and discord.. no answer, so will post what I put here then, and either they will lock the thread as usual or maybe give us somewhat of an answer.

Torpor at grandmaster level
    Wards 630k all damage (of course bleedthrough comes into play)
    Heals for 499-610k
    Heals for 142-174 every 1.7 secs for 14 secs ( so aprox 8 ticks)
    Decreases attack speed by 12.5
    Slows target by 25%

Orange rune
    Removes attack speed (12.5) and movement speed (25%)
    Grants weapon damage bonus overcap to the target
    Torpor will heal/ward for increased amounts

The heal increase is very minimal, it doesn't show % just says increased amount... I would give them maybe 2% increase.
    Weapon damage bonus overcap- Hardly anyone uses this since autoattack is garbage
    Remove attack speed (everyone is capped haste/flurry) again this doesn't even matter
    Movement speed 25%- don't know many encounters that require tank to move (there are some) and I don't any mystics dumb enough to put torpor on the tank while they are moving for those select few encounters.

Overall this rune is complete garbage. You throw the 5% fervor and 1% ability double cast on it to make it look appealing but really the only thing new to that is 1% ability double cast since most had the purple rune with 5% fervor. No thought went into this at all and even though we continue to throw some ideas at you to make it worthwhile and emails have been sent and chat has happened on discord, it just falls on deaf ears. Before people say it, yes I can just not use the rune, get it, but really??? I would be happy, and I'm sure every other mystic would be as well to remove all 3 of those effects and make torpor group wide or oberon able to be cast on anyone in the raid and no one would complain. The bleed through more than makes up for anything or it being "overpowered". Yes I scrolled down on the rune and didn't include the ability mod proc, but everyone is over 1 million ability mod now as well, so again, who cares, not that useful to mystics.

Other classes have their class rune problems as well, but I'm focusing on this one. I really think you "DEVS" need to relook at all the orange runes. You want to balance some classes, start there. Don't nerf the 4 good ones, but look at the other 22 and fix them.

Thanks.