Mystics for Moloing.

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Spyder11, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Spyder11 Guest

At L90, can this class, with the help of a SK/Paly Merc, run through high end content with the best of them? I read they kill pretty slow, but I guess I am more concerned about survivability farming old raid zones, or doing the higher end heroic zones. Its not all about the farming for me, but I would like to have the option for when I want/need to do it.
    Are we a pretty welcome addition to groups and raiding? It seems I dont see many Mystics in the game. Is this because people use them strictly for raiding?
    Ive asked similar questions about a few other classes on the class forums before as I am trying to find a fun class that fits my playstyle. I ran a BL up 50 some levels and found you can pretty much mash buttons and kill things in seconds, which I didnt have much fun with, so Im moving on to something else.
  2. ARCHIVED-Baynne Guest

I can't speak for mystics as to farming or running older content. However I can give my 2cp on the grouping subject. I have 4 lvl 90s, a healer, a tank (which admittedly I do not play cuz I don't like being held responsible for people not watching their aggro), and 2 dps. I can tell you that you may have to be willing to put yourself out there and form your own groups most of the time, because unless you are well-known you are going to sit lfg for a long time. Just because you are a healer does not mean it will guarantee you a spot in groups. Make friends, form groups, and build a reputation and the rest will fall into place.
  3. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

With the proper AA setup and decent gear, yes you can. I solo everything from Veeshan's Peak(with the exception of Hoshkar and Silverwing) to Pools, to Ascent, and I can do a fair chunk of Iceshard Keep. Your mystic will kill a little slower in comparison to other classes, but...meh. It gets the job done. On another note, I don't run with a tank mercenary when I solo. I run with a ranger. Mostly because at my level of gear, its actually easier to keep myself alive and kill the mob than it is to try and keep the merc alive. The ranger is okay added DPS- more than the tank.
  4. ARCHIVED-Malchore Guest

I was going to ask which Merc works best with a Mystic. I have a little 36 Mystic that is an alt. I don't play him often - he's my tradeskill Alchemist alt, for making poisons and potions - but might decide to run old content with him and a merc.
    My main is a ranger. I use a Paladin merc with him. And I'm quite impressed with the Paladin merc (except for the fact he never heals himself.)
    Anyways Mystics use Wards primarily for healing. Wards "protect" from getting hit, so that means a Berserker merc would be out of the question. And I would think other Tank mercs have a few CAs which rely on being hit to proc various effects. I was think of buying the Bruiser merc.
    Would that be an effective pair? Bruiser merc with a mystic?
  5. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

I solo almost everything on my Mystic. They don't kill quickly, but they are almost impossible to kill if your toon is maxed...mostly you just outlast the mobs til they are dead.
    I don't use mercs though.
    Raf
  6. ARCHIVED-Clarrice Guest

Had some similar questions to this. As a new mystic (level 24 and been away from EQ2 for a long time) just have 2 questions:

1. For soloing (dengeons and quests, low pop server) should I use a shield or 2 hander?
    2. And what AAs are the priority? Have about 30 at the moment I think.
  7. ARCHIVED-aeyinar Guest

Laenai@Oasis wrote:
    i normally run one of the 2 bards or the necro as it can be easy to peel all the tank mercs except the pally and at higher gear lvls you will tank better then a merc. dirge is nice for melee buffs at higher lvls. the bonecaster's dps is on par with other dps mercs and useful as a back-up healer as it will do more heals then most of the healer mercs. the troub is nice at lower lvls for the jcap.