Mystic

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Grus, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Grus Member

Dear devs
    You forgot to increase damage of combat arts and spells for mystics.
    While you are at it please also fix Stampede to be on par with wardens instinct. Currently stampede is not worth casting.
    Please fix Wendigo. Remove the stifle and increase the base mod to allow mystic to get a tad closer to inquis dps.

That would be a good start for a bigger overhaul.
    Thx
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

mystics are currently the strongest healer in the game. they don't need a fix thus no fix. We have by far the best single target buff in bolster which is even stronger now at ancient since its a % based inc off passive stats, int/wis/str etc. its stupid overpowered. One of the clearcut best debuffs in Echoes of the ancient for huge dmg inc to target enc. Not to mention every tool necessary to overcompensate for other healers lack of capability.

As a mystic i've watched this class grow from the ashes and its always been, if played right, the best priest on the market. Sure defilers have more tools and can easily heal where a mystic cannot, but thats the intricacy of the mystic class. If played right and put in the right situation, can clear cut out heal any other priest out there.

Id love to see bolster fixed so the AA and epic 2.0 buff coincide with one another for the stated 1:54 duration but that will never happen. Spirit tap was adjusted but it is no less powerful than when it was first created. Wendigo, what is wendigo?

We should be thankful we werent hit with the bat again. Remember the DR removal which was always a part of our class?
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

u cannot ask to be on par with inquisitor dps and have the dps buff of a warden when you can solo heal where both those stated class can't.
    it's not mystics that are weak. As said, it's defilers that are too strong (and templars ?)
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

I solely disagree.

Mystics are not weak at all. They are quite capable of throwing down some monstrous dps numbers while also healing for excessive amounts without having to jeopardize one for the other. Yes templars and defilers are both great and I'm happy they are great. A phenom mystic is a rarity if its being played right, let alone properly specced. Their utility component to a raid is absolutely undeniable. Not many out there can do what "we" do and there is a reason most mystics that are proud of their class lock their AA. it is not very hard to diligently read AA options and properly place points. The problem is people see the shiny flashy object and rush toward that opposed to taking any semblance of time to weigh pros and cons of what will help the raid more. Any point spent in a direct heal upgrade is a waste, any point spent in flat potency upgrade is a waste. Utilize comprehension skills, see 3rd grade, and youll unlock what the mystic is capable of.

On a side note, none of this conjecture was directed at you. We seem to always debate on many a topic and i quite enjoy it and i hope others don't view these as aspersions cast toward them, but more of a somewhat doctrine of rhyme for reason.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Stampede can do as much samage as Instinct as soon as my Spirit of Druidism can do as much warding as Soul Shackle :p
    Karsa likes this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Deal!