Mystic vs Defiler

Discussion in 'Priests' started by azcn2503, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Psych New Member

just to see if the same spell is on top ( hard fight is better to see the real effectiv spell )
  2. Psych New Member

edit : spells are

english is not my friend
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

I've played Defiler and Mystic. I have raided on Defiler since late RoK. I even raided on defiler when all these FOTM players abandoned the class during ToV (and i still outhealed temps).

One thing I have seen over and over. When a defiler is healing in MT group nobody comes close to my parse. Why? Because we have so many single target wards/heals along with a few group wards/heals that it's almost not fair. It's why i have always been able to single heal MT raid groups. I also toss patch heals to other groups when the healers are dropping the ball. My debuffs are are constantly up. My weak area are cures.

The mystic seems to have a bit more group wards than I do, they also have nice buffs. I'm not a fan of the mystic. I look upon a mystic as a **** shaman that just wanted to level easy. (/duck)

However, after being on TLE for past 6-7 months, I did struggle geting back into the groove of things and had a hell of a time solo healing masters chosen.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Vunder,

Do you spec your defiler for any melee at all? Or purely casting?
  5. Vunder Well-Known Member

I am a pure caster. I let my wand do some damage but other than that I leave the DPSing to the dpsers (and real dps priests like furies). I usually parse around 8 million dps at the moment. I'm still getting back into live so I have a ways to go.
  6. Taka Active Member

impressive.
  7. Anaogi Well-Known Member

That's a bit better than mine does, but like you said, that's not our job. I keep the tank alive, everyone's happy.

I am, however, flurry-spec'd, to squeeze a bit more out of that want. YMMV.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I betray back and forth as needed between Mystic and Defiler. Both are good healers and both can DPS. I prefer being a Mystic, but that is probably because I started her as a Mystic. Mystics are more ward oriented and Defilers are more heal oriented but both really need to be paired with a healer that is focused on direct heals and/or cures in most but not all raids. Just play what you like and don't worry too much about it :)
  9. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I know you answered it...but you left out the part where the game reads wards first. If your MT never is unwarded, and he is taking all the damage, it's tough for any other kind of heal to show up. Unless another group takes more damage and is healed up by someone other than you, you will automatically 'win'.

I'm not saying a good Defiler isn't a good healer - I'm just saying your 'amazing' healer is getting a ton of help from the way the game reads heals. This is why a heal parse, other than just showing you who is doing what, and helping you improve your game, is no way to judge how well you are doing as a healer.

The best heal parse is if no one died. If you did all that, more power to you :)
    Livejazz, Lateana and quisling like this.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

On every raid parse that I have seen the Mystics and Defilers always top the list because of wards hitting first. The best way to top a heal parse is to ward a squishy group ;)
    Livejazz and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

And to be slow on the cures and to have little to no damage reduction on your group, so more damage comes in. :p
    Not the way to be the best healer, just the way to have the highest heal parse ;)
  12. Vasco Active Member

I wear my group dmg proc on polliwog just to increase healers epeen.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Which is - oddly - all that matters to some people.
    Livejazz likes this.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

meh sometimes its just easier to heal. Only the stun/stifle/mez/charm ones can cause issues. If its just a dot then meh. My channeler isnt the fastest curing class so I ignore those I can.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

People are too used to the relative simplicity of the dps parse... so they treat the heal parse the same way.
    This unfortunately leads to many people dying, because rather then leaning which dets they DON'T have to cure, most healers don't cure until the 2nd, 3rd, 10th time they run into a dot, realize that it's killing them/their group.
    Example: We had 3 groups +1 healer in raid the other day... the healer died, repeatedly, from an easily curable det.. which he didn't bother to cure..
    Despite being another button, it is actually easier to keep your group alive and stable if you DO cure.
    Livejazz likes this.
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Which brings up another point: If the healer doesn't heal themselves...who do they think is going to do it? (lol)
    Livejazz likes this.
  17. quisling Well-Known Member

Easier to just heal?!?!? This is a video game...how much harder is to hit the cure button than it is to hit the "heal" button....
    Livejazz and Mermut like this.
  18. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Curing is too hard....
    Livejazz likes this.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Oh, it's not hard, but you can agree that after awhile becomes a total pain in the rear for some fights.
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

The excuse I 'love' is 'my group cure takes too long to cast'. News flash, except for the inq myth cure the group cure for all classes of healers has EXACTLY the same casting time and reuse speed... nobody has a slower (or faster) group cure then anybody else (the previously noted inq myth cure being the exception).
    If somebody else is curing 'faster', it's because they're starting to cast their cure sooner.
    Livejazz likes this.