Mystic Umbral Trap II

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lioria, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Lioria New Member

I see other mystics have a spell for Umbral Trap II at level 115, my character doesn't have that spell in my knowledge book and I'm wondering if there is a way to obtain this spell? I've asked in Discord a few times to no avail.

Things I've done already:
    1. Checked the Seru Status Merchant to see if it was for purchase
    2. Removed filters on my Knowledge book to see if it had gotten lost in the filtering
    3. Had a friend make Umbral Trap II expert, I cannot scribe it.

**the spell does show up in researching, but am worried that I would experience the same issue with research as trying to scribe the spell**

If you look my toon up on EQ2wire, it shows that I don't have the ability. I am assuming this must be awarded from some type of quest that I am missing? If anyone has info and could give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

FOR TOON LOOKUP:
    Liviah 120 Mystic on Maj'Dul
  2. Kashue Member

Lioria, you should probably pick the research spell. I used to be a mystic and while i don't currently play I do remember having that spell when i got to 115. When you research the spell it won't be at a tier that you can't scribe, it will be the immediate level above what you have now (or don't have in your case). Also, you may want to try to sort your knowledge book. It's happened in the past that i had a spell that was on a blank page away from other pages and when i sorted it by level everything fell into place.
  3. Kari Well-Known Member

I don't recall doing anything special for umbral trap II but the original umbral trap came from doing a quest line in Nek Forest from the Bloodline Chronicles adventure pack.
  4. Lioria New Member

Thanks for the responses everyone! I ended up relogging again and then purchasing another expert and it finally let me scribe the spell. So could have been a bug or I could have just been oblivious ;) but thank you!!