Mystic - Gather Remains - Range Extension?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

With these super-huge zones, and all the nooks and crannies one can fall/die/be thrown into--Is there any way in which the Mystic's Gather Remains ability can have its range extended? There was a corpse 173m away, and Gather Remains was ineffective,... this would make the mystic much more useful with these extra-planar environments,....
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Gather Remains is not a Mystic only ability. It is shared by all priest classes. As far as I know the range for all is 100m.
    Mermut likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I think the range on this is not what it says. I used it on my fury to pull someone 64meters away, and I did not pull them to me at all. I think it's buggy on when or who it decides to pull, but they were the only person dead, and unfortunately, right at the base of a giant flappy named with a huge aggro range. :( Shame it missed pulling the only dead person....I wonder if +50m decreases the effectiveness? Though, it shouldn't. There doesn't announce a decreased effectiveness in the spell, so it should work regardless of condition, as long as the person is within the range requirement. I wish they would rework more of their landscapes to either not have a line of sight issue when the ground is only mildly textured (ie there's no apparent hills, rocks, or fissures, but a slight fold in the landscape causes me to have to move a meter left to "see" past to my target, or rework spells to totally ignore line of sight conditions to begin with.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

THe only time I've ever seen it not "work" is when another healer has used it with-in 180. I've never seen it fail any other time and have pulled people from exactly 100 meters, on multiple healers.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've had this happen when I've been the only healer in the group. /shrugs
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not 'another healer', it's ANY healer casting it withing 180 sec. The reuse on Gather Remains is faster than the 'immunity' toons get from having it used on them.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

clarification: I've had this happen in zones that are single group zones, that I've been the only healer. i'll be within 30m, and it still won't drag. /shrugs not raid zones, or public zones. but places like the source, or doomfire, any mission zone really. usually the player just rezzes if the drag doesn't work.