Mystic damage

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Enderlin, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Enderlin Guest

Im thinking of playing a mystic. I enjoy the whole bear theme priest. I see they get a Ursine Form as well. So can they deal some decent damage in instances up 1-90 and even somewhat in raids?
  2. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Drenderlin@Blackburrow wrote:
    Yes

I am regularly top 5 or 10 in Raid wide dps even MT healing on all but the most strenuous progression fights
  3. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

but how much healing capacity do we give up by speccing to dps really ? Arent we a better healer by picking other options ?
  4. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Shredderr wrote:
    Not as much as you'd think.
    When you're a raid healer, no one's impressed if you can heal. That's all of 3 or 4 buttons in your arsenal. What you can do outside of healing, but still manage to pump out the HPS, is what makes you a skilled player vs a heal bot. Mystics have enough indirect healing capability that going full heals all the time is pretty much a waste of our class; they'd recruit a defiler or templar for your spot if healing was all they were looking for.
    Me, personally? I go full on heals when we're facing a new encounter... and that's about the only time I ever grab that spec from my AA mirror. When I've got the mob knowledge and an idea of what my base priority should be, I tweak my role in the encounter to be as efficient AT BOTH heals and DPS as possible. I'm a mystic therefore I'm expected to do both simultaneously and do them both well.
  5. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

I have a raid spec and a solo spec. If you're not dpsing you're not playing your toon to it's max potential.