Mystic AA?

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Felshades, May 30, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

I'm actually looking for an idea for an ideal AA spec to work towards at 300.
    Right now I feel like mine are all over the place(and they probably are) and I found checking people's character profiles is messed up. None of the AA specs are shown properly; a guildie of mine apparently has almost 600 AA points!
    Suggestions would be great. Currently 81/200
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Sakiri@Crushbone wrote:
    I run 2 specs , DPS for soloing and Heal for group/raids...

Here is the DPS spec I use.
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?d02i14...131ea@1aa@1a@1a

This is the heal spec I use
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?d02i14...131ea@1aa@1a@1a

*updated as I had them reversed*
  3. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

That heal spec leaves a lot to be desired. DPS spec won't even load.
    Frankly, there really isn't any need for 2 specs once you have 300 AA. I get the need when you haven't got 300, but once you're there, 300 is enough to fill any role.
    Try this.
  4. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Umm....got them mixed up...top was the DPS/Solo Spec...Fixed the original post.
  5. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    those points in ritual are a waste, put them in subj/disruption. Debuffs resisted will cost you more healing power than that crappy +base.

rabies is pointless. now that we have wrath, there is no need for that extra proc spell.
    Shaman:
    the reuse on gcures is probably a good idea for a new to 300 person, but for most people at end-game be sure to check that you actually need 8 points.
    Mystic:
    I've said it a hundred times: spirit dance is a complete waste. And why would you sacrifice DPS by losing 3 points from our highest parsing melee ability? If anything, pull those 3 points from cold flames.
    For rezzes, I would max power reduction over reuse. If people are dead, esp. ur chanter, chances are your power is low. This can be a game changer.
    Shadows:
    5 points in premonition is a waste for most content, but again maybe new to 300 might make a bigger difference. For actual end-game you just don't need that many hit points.
    Putting 5 points in cold in shadows is another bad decisions ESPECIALLY if you've chosed the shaman DPS endline in heroic as the 5 points in the disease damage affects that spell (lots of DPS here).
    Heroic:
    You will get more DPS from the stat bonus than ability modifier. Plus, take crit bonus over potency any dayofthe week if you want to dps.
    Consider this spec:
    Gahnand Hybrid Spec (click)
  6. ARCHIVED-Blumfield Guest

A few things:
    1) Check your group cure's reuse. You want to get it to 10 sec re-use, then you want to put points elsewhere. It doesn't get any faster than 10 sec.
    2) If you spend a lot of time in heal stance (I spend 95%) then don't waste points in litany of combat. It suspends when you're in heal stance. Even in my dps spec I don't have it anymore, because for certain mobs I'm always going to need to be in heal stance, even if they're in relatively easy zones. Why waste points?
    3) Above, there was a spec with no points in spiritual leadership. Spiritual leadership is awesome and useful even for soloing. Max it in every spec.
    4) The second point in ancestral channeling is going to be overkill for most people. Test it at rank one; if you find it isn't getting the job done, then fine, add the second rank.
    5) Having two specs is nice if only so you can switch between Avenging Ancestors and Spirit Aegis in the heroic tree. Both are awesome abilities to have, depending on the role you need to fill.
    5b) Two specs are also nice so you can de-emphasize debuffs and defensive buffs and emphasize CA's for a dps spec. You'll be able to dps and heal well in either of them, but sometimes you want to go balls-to-the-wall in one direction or another. Personally, I have a progression spec (for very hard raid mobs) and a dps spec (for heroic and farming raid zones). You can do a lot of things pretty well with a multi-purpose spec, if you don't know what to expect or don't want to bother with switching back and forth.
  7. ARCHIVED-drakkenshield Guest

Wullailduo@Splitpaw wrote:
    When I use your links, they both point to the same spec. Think you still have it wrong.
  8. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

I am curious about all the points into resurrection abilities. I have a 90 dirge and only a level 32 mystic, so it could definitely be because I haven't experienced the need yet - but why so much AA into rezzing when most groups and raids have the dirges do it? Then if not the dirge, the necro. Basically, groups and raids I've experienced like the healers healing - that's it. Even in heroic content, is it really that necessary to invest so much into rezzing? I don't raid anymore, so I'm primarily asking from a heroic content standpoint, although I'd like to hear the reasoning behind raiders as well. Thanks!
  9. ARCHIVED-Blumfield Guest

Roslyn wrote:
    I love Spirit Dance in theory. It could really come in handy. The problem is its long cast. In a raid, if you rez somebody with it, some dirge is almost certain to rez that person first. And guess what happens when he does? Your rez doesn't work at all--not on your target, not on AE targets. You spent all that time casting it for nothing. It ends up being useless.
    If they ever make it a blue AE rez (focused around a target or the mystic) that doesn't require an unrezzed target for it to work, then it'll be worth having in some situations. If they greatly reduced the cast time and instead gave it a long re-use, it'd also be worth having sometimes. As it stands now, the cure line is mostly useless too, but it's better than the rez line just for the quicker cure curse and immunization.
    As for the other res aa's, aside from the end line, they're a little bit helpful. Still, the usefullness of all of them cummulatively isn't as much as immunization by itself.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pantera215 Guest

A lot like Gahand's spec, but varies for my playstyle.
    Here