Mysterious Blue Coins

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColbyJack, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I have a carpenter alt that wants the recipes in Cobalt Scar, but I've run out of blue coins. I can't seem to see where to get more, so is it still possible to earn these things? My apprentice seems to like giving me reactants and rares, so maybe I'm just unlucky, but I seem to be missing something.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

There are repeatable quests in CS that you can do once a day for blue coins. You can also farm the cobalt scar instances for a few more blue coins there. The apprentices use to provide a steady supply of blue coins but that ended with the introduction of AoM.
  3. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Awesome; if they drop in the instances I'll go see if I can pop out those. Thankies much.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Going to warn you: getting them from instances is going to be slow. The daily quests will give you more than running instances.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm going to test something out. I suspect that if one turns off tradeskill experience just prior to crafting level 95, it should allow a player to stay in level range that awards those blue coins. I don't think that they turned off the ability to gain them so much as they made it where you won't earn them once you proceed past that point. But that is merely a suspicion to me until I actually test it (I have to level up a different character because my current primary crafters are all max level in crafting).

So I'll post whether or not they are still on some reward tables once I get one of my secondary crafters to the right level range.
    Feara likes this.
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Cheers; I got this alt up to 100 so if that's the case, I'll have to earn them on a different tradeskill character.
  7. Sennae Active Member

I still get them for the apprentice dailies on my level 95 crafters. I don't remember for sure, but they probably stop when you get to level 96.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Yes they do stop at 96