My terrible customer service experience as a returning player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Talsyra, May 13, 2021.

1. Talsyra New Member

Good day everyone,

I was returning to play after last logging in 10 years ago, logged in as a Free to play to find my characters missing and promptly issued a /petition to find out what happened with my missing characters. I did recieve an initial response from customer service support Flora "Violetann" R, which initially seemed promising but spiraled down hill from there. After the first 24 hour period of non response I took the advice of friendly players and subscribed to get better service and sent a followup petition requesting feedback from the support team about the status of my request. The followup request was reviewd again by Flora but was immediately closed and merged into the original request without any progress updates or response what so ever to my inquiry. So far its been 3 days in total on this initial request without any word about whats at all about whats being done to resolve the issue or if its even being investigated. If i do not receive a response or resolution from ANY daybreak employee within the next 24 hours I will most certainly cancel my membership, move on to another game, and become one of those "bad publicity" people who tell any person i meet in my local circle and beyond to avoid any Daybreak products and services going forward. The Request ticket ID is #966253

The ticket history is being included below for context:
    All old characters missing

• Request #966864
      No one is helping me with my deleted characters
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

You have to understand support - If you dont have the correct original accountinformation they are not allowed to give you accsess.

If you get accsess to the old account - you will have a lot of veteran benefits, so they really have to be sure
    Xianthia and Cassta like this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

They've never deleted any characters so unless someone else has accessed your account and done that the most common reason for this is that the launcher is logging you into the wrong region. Go into Advanced Tools, Select game version and see what the drop down option is set to. US english goes to the main US server list and EU english will get you to the euro server.
    Beee and Cassta like this.
  4. Talsyra New Member

Hello. Thanks for the suggestion. The client is already set to US english and n one had access to my account.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Lemilla Active Member

You mention Teir'dal for the race of your character. Are you sure you didn't play Everquest 1 before?
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  6. Talsyra New Member

I made a Teir'dal ranger and it's been 20 years since I last played eq1. As an update to my original post, the ticket was closed as "resolved" without any feedback, explanation of the situation nor was the problem corrected as my characters are still missing.
    Cassta likes this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

The way the petition system works is that you get an auto-response that directs you to a page with some possible answers for your situation and the ticket is marked as resolved. If they don't help, and you still have your issue, reply to the message and update the ticket. In theory, this will flag the ticket for an actual CS member to attend to it. Even if you don't get an auto-response, keep updating the ticket every day or two until the problem is resolved (even if it is tagged "resolved"). The squeaky wheel gets the grease, or something like that.
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Lemilla brings up a good point, as far as I know we don't have a Teir'Dal race in EQ2
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Jalathan Active Member

Teir'dal is the formal name for the dark elves. It is referenced as such in some conversations in the game. Just like the High Elves (Koada'Dal) and Half Elves (Ayr'Dal) have had their names referenced as well.
    Cassta, Finora and Breanna like this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

A couple of things.
    It would not be uncommon for them to merge 2 petitions on the same thing into one. That makes it easier for them to track the communication about the problem. They have always asked people not to make more than one petition about the same issue. You add comments to the existing one.

If the information you are providing & the information they can see on their end vary that much, it's probably going to take some digging on their part to figure out what is going on.

She already said she saw characters on the other account. Have you logged into that account? I was unclear on that from your postings.
    Cassta and Xianthia like this.
  11. Phellen Member

From character select screen have you selected deleted characters to see what's there?
    Cassta and Finora like this.
  12. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

it looks like they're saying u cant recover old chars via a new account, and you would need to retrieve the login info for the old account. from what i can see there. they cant let any of us into our old accounts if we dont have all the proper info associated with it, otherwise anybody could basically hijack each others accounts.

i wish you best of luck in retrieving your old info! i can say from personal experience, i have a toon on some unknown account and they cant tell me the name of the account or email. the only way i even know about this is a toon name i use exclusively is taken on test server, and i can remember making the toon and joining the guild it shows him in. but i have no way to recover his account, because i obviously must have used an account name and email that has been long forgotten. so i can relate to the frustration.

if you are unable to recover your old account, i hope you reconsider one day. starting fresh is frustrating, but it is better to get a fresh start sooner rather than later, and at least start your veteran rewards accumulating.
    Cassta, Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  13. Talsyra New Member

Howdy, there are no other characters on the account.
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Talsyra New Member

I have only had one account to play eq2 on.
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Talsyra New Member

Update: The situation was resolved by senior customer support agent Natalia F. who asked quite a few more questions and dug a lot deeper into the problem. My characters were found and successfully retrieved.
    Texan, Melkior, Cassta and 2 others like this.