my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::blink:: What? Since when are F2P accounts not able to get to the Shared Bank? :-/

Uwk
    who's relieved, perhaps, that all the F2P'ers in the Horde are very low-level...
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

Not that he cant use shared bank, the character is locked since its now a f2p account. (I think thats what he means)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah...yeah, F2P can sometimes be very frustrating; you do something by reflex that would be automatic for a Member account toon, only to get any number of notices in the Chat Channel as to why you can't. Grrr. :(

I can understand, a little, that folks were worried back in the day when the concept first came up that it would be so popular an option that it would drain resources away from SOE/DBG, but nowadays, people either mostly use it as a protest or due to economic realities of RL, from what I've seen in the forums. :-/

Uwk
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes. I have 7 characters on that account. All 5 on Maj'Dul are locked because the account is now f2p. So I can't access not only what those characters have in their individual inventories. Also nothing in their shared bank either. The 2 available characters are on Skyfire. So I'll just work with the Skyfire toons for now.

Other accounts have a few Maj'Dul characters, I don't remember them taking part in Tinkerfest though. I lost too much sleep last week as it is.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've been putting furniture up there. Table, and two chairs, etc. Still working on getting the metal plates to allow easy access, worked on it this morning via a trustee. A larger path up, but I still got stuck on one part, stopped my character.

As for skinning Inn rooms. Hmmm. I noticed my mouse pointer with the house designer look, so I right clicked and the word 'customize' showed up.

So I selected it. A list of floor woods came up in a list, with prices in silver and gold. So I changed the floors, and got some wainscotting on the lower walls.

Since this is possible, it seems to me the selection could be exanded. Something simple like; ocean blue, a copy of the Norrath sky, a Norrath sunset. These already exist, just need to be added to this selection process.

Pllleeeaaassseee !

( That was my very Bestest Roger Rabbit. )

Thank you.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That account is Silver.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Did more work on Mistmoore and Rum Runners. It looks like I am going to have to get an editor, not enough fine movement in the built in methods. Furnioture went through the roof and ceiling. Liked to turn my hair white. Wait, it already is. Any way, I was a bit startled.

Oh, I have been fiddling with the dungeon editor. Interestng, and I have to remember to click on the floor before moving the arrow keys or the item placement window zooms up and down that window.

Isle of Refuge also has some things done. I worked more on the metal path up to the rim. Its better now, and there are pieces of furniture and some lights up there.

I did try moving items from a backpack into collections, works like a charm. I'm going to let the Tinkerfest go this year. I'm tired and I need to do some other things. I did get my laundry done, but I have other things to do to my stuff. Dump trash, straighten some pilled up boxes, etc.

Well, its time for this old Geezer, to head for the Tall Tules and get some rest. Don't take any wooden nickles and no sasparilla. I prefer soda pop.

See ya tomorrow or day after that !

Hmmm. I think I smell ice cream ! Yeehaaa ! Come on Old Paint lets go in the kitchen and get some ice cream.

( I did ride mom's horse when I was about 10 years old, but it wasn't a paint. )
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You should talk to Uwkete about the notepad method of editing. Based on your previous work experience, I believe you would be able to get that method down in a short second!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My problem is reading my notes. My last two jobs I had to sign so much paperwork, I just started scrawling my name. I mean, over 100 pieces of paper work per month. I certainly understood in the interviews I was to repair computers, not write extensive back histories of them and their ancestors.

edit:

Oh, the solution for the scattered decorations, I'm still looking around in the dungeon I have been working on, is to put all the characters who have access to the same shared bank, the items go in one or more packs.

That way if I'm logging in to just decorate, I just swap out packs, and go into the prestige house I'll be working on. Get done, and if going to go adventuring, swap the packs back.

Thats important. Don't forget to swap the packs back ! ( Sound like a phrase from Young Frankenstein.) Anyway. It wont work out well if you try to hit a monster with a tinker table as it has no weapon stats.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I wish! We all do, I think, for our various favorite possibilities. :)

Unfortunately, that "right-click option" is really only for Qeynos and Freeport houses, iirc. :-/

Aw, they do make sarsaparilla soda pop (can be quite yummy if it's done right [with real cane sugar, not this HFCS rubbish]); I think it was the original root beer, or at least an inspiration/drawing from the same idea well. ;->

I keep telling people: "It's only numbers, nothing to be afraid of! :D"

Yay documentation! :D I actually see a purpose for it, but not reams of paperwork for paperwork's sake. :-/

Yeah, I always have to remember that sort of thing when I'm in the Nights of the Dead haunted house in either Qeynos (northern Qeynos, at the Ironforge Manor, I think) or Freeport (the bank in western Freeport), because of that STUPID, idiotic, one-bit-of-lag-and-you're-hosed dance-off thing in the basement, with the twit -- er, lady of the house. So I temporarily replace the first four (or five, just in case) hot keys for fighting with the four dance moves (in alphabetical order to make it easier, not in the order you get them...most annoying, that) so I can very quickly hit the 1-4 keys to follow along with the ghost and skeleton "dance masters." If you haven't done it before, you have to repeat each one of FIFTY STEPS (Back, Down, Spin, or Sway) accurately; miss too many, and you have to do the entire stupid thing all over again. X-P

Finally had someone in Chat tell me, "You don't need to move the keys around, just make the hot key bar row where the dance keys are the first one, with the 1-4 buttons on it. Easy." And I suppose you don't then forget to put things back to effective fighting use when you come across the giant spider in that room upstairs, eh? Kids these days; wanting everything logical. ;->

Uwk
    who remembers all those times the giant spider was not impressed by my dance moves... :-/
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat; thought so... :(

Could be one reason why they discontinued that, since folks were "cheating." :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dciscovered the prestige houses fon't do that. Darn it.

And only horror or granite type fills are available in Freeport. I still say that there just might be bad guys who want a sunset, or a star field, in their floors and walls.

As for editing layouts... have to save one to my hard drive first. Its the little things that will get you. But I should have realized they aren't on my computer unless I put them there.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, the files are there once you do a /save_layout <filename>, but you can't deep access them without at least Notepad. ;->

And you gotta find 'em, first...Mistal talks about where to track them down in the Notepad Method write-up (with some butting in by Yours Truly). :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I forgot to save the prestige ones... but I did do a dojo. Well, thats to practice on. Not much in there, so I can't mess it up too much.

Oh, I reached 30 loyalty tokens today, so my evil character Nejiara on Maj'Dul got a Mistmoore Craigs Estate.

Nothing in there yet.

No access yet either.

Have some tinker items in the shared bank I can fiddle with, maybe this week, maybe next week.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can get star tiles and reskin an inn room with them, you can flip them upside down and put them on the ceiling so you have a starry sky above your head!!!
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll watch for those.

Okay, nothing, well, 6 or 8 things in there. The huge gazebo is blocking, well, its in the way.

Anywho, not just an Dr. Who, if you want to look at it:

Maj'Dul server, evil character Nejiara, Mistmoore Craigs Estate is set to visitor.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Seriously?? You're doing a Dr. Who console room in a Mistmoore?? Oh, this I have to see! I've got 4 "Doctors" to outfit (War [Halls of Fate], 11 [Thurgadin], 12 and 13 [Public Test; hers is gonna be a bear...lucky for me we have so many crystal items ;->]), and I took one look at the "dome" sort of high ceiling overhead in that big main room and went, "Hmm..."

But I'm definitely open to idea theft -- er, inspiration! :D

The "star tiles" Cy's referring to are the Starry Squares from the Moonlight Grotto events every month. :) They actually don't look too realistic (more like 60s carpeting), but if you superimpose some Misty Fog tiles over them, that helps (also available from the Moonlight Grotto event). ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No, its a take on an old saying. Not just any Who will do. Someone I knew years ago would then followup and say 'Would Dr. Who 8 do ?'. There was no Doctor 8 on the show back then, the poster's nickname was 'Doctor 8', something like that.

If I could get enough items together like those grotto tiles and some other things, I might try for a Dr. Who look.

But since the character is evil, maybe a The Master look instead. The Evil Time Lord.

I would post a link to my maps, no adverts there, but I don't know if its allowed.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It could be any Who in Whoville, like Betty Lou Who.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

argh...

Anyway, I have removed the metal plates in Isle of Refuge, see earlier posts, and put in actual stairs from marketplace. I'll work on other things, moving them around, and then decide on metal plates again.

Some of them in order to reach the top, cannot be walked up... ah well.

The wood street stairs, I think that is what they are named, work fine.

Stairs are back by the light house, and up by the area where the barricades were, but at the other end of that small forest area. Still a long run between stairs, so I will possibly put metal plates beteen them somewhere.

And now I have a tailor, low 20s, on both Maj'Dul and Skyfire.