my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok cool it will be from random alts so dont worry about sending mail back to them lol

Hopefully I sent you enough you can get the recipes and maybe a mount or 2 and some house items. Id get a flying one , besides one you can use now, i know your not lvl for one but its nice to have one available for once you hit 85 craft or adv.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thank you. I have 129 on this account. I was going for 350 to get something. Forget what ! Ack !

Anyway, we have more days to go and thank you for the cogs !
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have never tried the spiral staircase thing in JesDyr's editor, it took me months just to figure out how to tile a floor. But when I did it was perfect, absolutely perfect and the house did not eat a single floor tile.

I might get brave and try that staircase thing in one of my empty houses just to see what it does.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I logged Aphubop in and got the cogs.

One flying mount, and decoration items. The ones I like the most are: Hanging Illumination Cylinder (active), Golden Lightning Screw, Wide Auric and Tall Cyanic Magitronic Window Panes. And 2 Tinkered Glow Skimmers.

The glow skimmers are neat, the work great on ponds. I need to get more of those...

I have made some walls, and a small room on top of the hill at:

SkyFire server, Ahubop owner, and Rum Runners prestige house.

Some additions have been made to Skyfire server, Uthesthan owner, and Mistmooore Craigs Estate prestige house. No guide lights, etc. to the newly decorated area.

Still havng a difficult time getting walls, floors to match each other at the edges. I know that using the alt, ctrl, and shift keys can help, but its still not something that gives good precision. Being able to have snap locations on edges of walls/floors items would help greatly with this.

Oh, I wanted to get a 350 tinker cog flying mount, but it said I also need 1 gnome platinum, or something like that. I suppose I need to take part in one of the Tinkerfest games for those.

I think it would be neat if the items when shown in the buy window look a bit closer to what the character will get. I keep forgetting that columns do not come with the capital on top, even though they are both shown in the buy window.

Anyway, I go another character up to 30th character level. And I do think the account Aphubop is on will stay All Access for another month.

I may check in here later tonight, but my eyes need a rest.

Have fun !
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

The layout editor is awesome for placing tiles. I keep meaning to re-download it since my new computer and go back and do my guild hall. But anymore I barely get enough time to play, let alone extra stuff. SIGH

/weeping emoji if they had one.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Uthesthan got the cogs and some fittings. Really should have gotten fewer tiles/dividers and more furniture but Mistmoore looks better with all the new wall decorations.

There is a separate layout editor ?

Sigh, I may not have the time either, this week anyway, I also draw maps for various projects and I am waaay behind on that.
  7. elflover Well-Known Member

I know that a platinum cog comes from the second tinkerfest collection, need to gather first one before it gives you any for the second (the purple shinies around the tinkerfest portals in cities and at steamfont). Yes there is a separate editor which lets you move item from coordinates (games calls it waypoints) for each item.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-decorators-resource-guides-and-links.580184/

The second post has the link to layout editors. I use Jesdyrs editor myself. There is also some info on his page on it and i think theres some videos on it as well. I found practicing in a empty house with a few items works the best before trying to use it on a big project.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like JesDyr's for some things (his movement for items on the secondary cardinal lines [NW/SE/SW/NE] is a must! :D), but I prefer Sennen's OpenSource Editor from that page's link. It has a much lower learning curve, imho. I've also used the Notepad Method for way too long before Sennen's. ;-> It's about as "no-frills" as you can get; literally just a bunch of lines for the items with all the numbers involved. Mistal did a wonderful write-up for it back in the day, and Y'r Humble Kitteh has done a bit more to try to modernize it and bring it back to folks' awareness; it's under Layout Editing on that same page. :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I can use a plain text editor. I use EditPadLite as I don't have to remember to set it to .txt. It does it automatically. Setting it to a folder where it will save everything is a good idea to.

I like the F11 short cut in it which changes word wrap. It does prompt and asks if you want to do that.

https://www.editpadlite.com/

I'll check for the platinum cog today or tomorrow. Two successful turn ins to the same npc in New Halas.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can get the platinum cogs from some of the quests too, but I do not know which ones.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The second tinkerfest collection gives 2 platinum cogs to all access.

Whoah, I mean zzzzzzzzz. Nite !
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The likes and the points must not update much over here. With 1500 plus likes, it has stayed at 93 points for over a month. And thats about 900 likes !

The points go up much faster on the EQ forums. Not that I am complaining. Nope, not me.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think the next upgrade is at 1000 post, not likes.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. Thank you.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If his houses are made public, all of you on his servers can visit and like his houses and get him some trophies. I have characters on Maj'Dul but they are on a FtP account, not sure if they can vote.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes they can; I "cheat" myself from time to time when I Unpublish to put something new in (ironically, sometimes a trophy... :oops:) or adjust something, then I have one of my F2P account folks wander over and vote for it again, kicking it back into the Hall of Fame. :)

Or at least, I used to; not sure if you still can, or if it was only with my Silver account folks (who are Grandfathered; whew! ;->). :-/

Uwk
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed after my main account went f2p... I hadn't moved my decorations, furniture, et al, from character bank/backpacks, to shared bank.

So I have well over 100 decorations, and can't reach them for now. A whispered 'argh'.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Rum Runners and Mistmoore Craigs mentioned earlier on this very thread, have been updated with a number of Tinkerfest items. Please stop by there and let me know what you think. Thanks.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Almost forgot. In Mistmoore, I added several of those huge Tinkerfest rotating lights to the ceiling. So look up as well.
    Desetibrat, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member