my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

She always ate the mint ones, any of the mint flavors, and it was here in America. All of my family from my grandparents on down have dual citizenship, so they could move here and back when they wanted. I stayed there until 1999 when I came here the last time with an Irish Software Corporation.

Anyway, it was always any of the mint flavors of Lifesavers. And they changed from using sugar to using Aspartame with no warning. That was the only thing I could find different from the roll in her pocket and an older roll that she had in her purse. To test it, I bought a diet coke that had Aspartame in it and had her take a sip, blamo, she was out for the count. So it had to be the Aspartame that was doing it to her. So after that we checked labels on every single thing we bought to make sure that there was no Aspartame or any other artificial sweetener in it, saccharide or non-saccharide. About 6 months after this, we noticed that they started using the Aspartame in the fruit flavored Lifesavers as well. She started buying Tic Tacs.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Some years ago I had to avoid caffeine. I drank a soda that didn't list caffeine on the label. My head hurt...

Turns out it does have caffeine in it, but its below the 'have to put it on the label' threshold.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

This isn't exactly true. As long as you have trustee status on the home, you can access the house vault...but...you will only access your own character's house vault.

For example: I have Daemora, Daevora, Daenora. If Daevora or Daenora are in Daemora's house, they can access the house vault by typing or making a macro that says /togglehouseinventory. This will open up their house vault, but Daevora will only see the items she has placed in her own house vault and Daenora will only see the items she has placed in her own house vault. Neither of them will see Daemora's house vault, even if they are in Daemora's house. It doesn't work like the shared bank does. :)
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Getting burned does teach one about hot things, yeah. :oops:

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They finally started putting warnings on labels that stuff might contain aspartame, for those that are sensitive to it. I suppose the switcheroo might've been mentioned in some obscure online thing, perhaps (*cough* equivalent of Discord *cough*), or in a mailer sent out to candy manufacturers or something, but they certainly didn't tell us consumers about it, yeah. :-/

Another issue with artificial sweeteners (I include HFCS in that) is fairly low on the list of concerns, but they can have a tendency to affect the actual physical properties of the product. After trying the latest/greatest Popsicles when they "brought back" the 50/50 Bar (a "pop" or lolly of vanilla ice cream coated with an orange-flavored sugar water ice coating), I found the delightful crunch I was expecting from back in the old days to be instead this nasty, gooey, sticky, thin abomination you might expect out of a Spider-man web-shooter, only not as tasty. :-/

Since they aren't (yet) selling HFCS to home cooks out there, there's only one answer, I think: make stuff our own selves. It's the only way to make sure of what's in it. :(

Uwk
    trying to figure out how that can be done with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of orange juice... ;->
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was this in the US or elsewhere? They try that in California, they're gonna have a lawsuit on their hands (unless they can convince us hippies here that it's a "natural source" of it, like coffee or tea...). :-/

Sometimes they're frivolous, yeah, but often a lawsuit's the only thing that'll make those people take us seriously. Hit 'em in the wallet.

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which may be just as well; there can be falling outs, even among friends, and a former trusted Trustee can get irate enough to take vengeance on one's items. :-/

Or, as is frequently the case even amongst my alts, "borrow" things and forget to repay them... :oops:

Uwk
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

Well its never worked for me have only had homeowner access their own vault no other characters with trustee or otherwise on same account could access anothers vault.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Fanta Orange soda, in the U.S. About 1997.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I have only worked on Isle of Refuge. My other two prestige houses are 'in the planning stages'.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can probably put something like Glad Wrap or Saran Wrap in a shallow pan or dish, something you can put in the freezer, then pour in the orange juice until its about 1/4" thick maybe just a bit more, then put it in the freezer. Keep an eye on it and when it just starts to get where it is not pliable any longer, where if you lift the edge of the plastic wrap its getting hard to roll it up, take it out of the freezer and put the ice cream on it. I would probably use an electric mixer on the ice cream first, this will make it a bit more spreadable. Then spread the ice cream all over the orange juice and roll it up, then place the roll back in the freezer. Then when it gets a bit harder, you can take the plastic wrap off and slice it and put the slices in a freezer container or something. It would be sort of like a Yule Log but with Orange Juice and Vanilla Ice Cream.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

I found out hard way that I cant handle that stuff. Used to drink diet cherry dr pepper because it has/had a strong cherry flavor. When I stopped had major headache for a week. I always check labels now to make sure its not in anything (found a few other things like a yogurt i was getting had it) dont want to go through all that again. I still have my caffeine with coffee or tea now.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good lord! What were they doing with caffeine in a fruit-flavored drink -- well, according to legend, it was born in Germany in the 40s the way the Volkswagen was, when the ***** [oh, for pity's sake..."the bad people in charge back then" :rolleyes:] didn't have access to the ingredients in Coca-Cola, so they came up with a fruit soda selection (and maybe a sort of cola?). So maybe there's always been a trace of it in the formula... :-/

Darn! My sympathies. I'm wondering if the Mexican "real" soda version would be better or worse for that. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BRILLIANT! I'm saving this page, for sure! :D

Thanks! :)

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I just found out about a week ago (rather wrecked the rest of my 50th Apollo Anniversary night :-/) that the "sugar free" mints I used to love, with a Watermelon-Cucumber flavor (don't knock it 'til you try it; they're both fruits, botanically ;->), is now putting the emphasis on the sorbitol, rather than the natural flavors. Yep, that pesky -ol again...I think the older formula, that had more emphasis on the natural flavors, was enough of a balance that I didn't have any adverse reactions to it. Nowadays, well...I had to have my beloved Garbage Disposal -- er, hubby take care of the last three. He'd had them before and was NOT pleased with the current taste. :(

And to think, they're made in Canada...sigh. Had such high hopes for them as a result, but I think Big Candy got to them in a dark alley at some point ("Stevia is king, stevia, is mother, stevia is father...you like stevia, and sorbitol, and steviol glycosites, and thou shalt have no other sweetener before them..." [The flavor of stevia is atrociously hideous and leaves a horrid aftertaste... :-/]).

Uwk
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have had Toblerone bars made in Europe, and ones made in the US. Not the same taste.

Anyway, On Dragolah's, Maj'Dul server, Isle of Refuge prestige house, I got the Tinkerfest floor tiles to get my characters a way up. The Designer interface is going to take some getting used to. Its xyz coordinates don't seem the same as anything else I have used, like Dkbtrace. ( Amiga computer, last century, don't worry if you have never heard of it. )

edit:

Well, a way up ?

Yes, up top, visited the lighthouse. The way up is a mess. I'll have to work on it more. Right now you have to find the spot on each floor tile that lets you go all the way to the top.

Too bad I couldn't just click on a part of the isle wall, and a spot on the ground, then click on a floor tile, and the floor tile connects to both points.

There is a nice pond up there that feeds the waterwall. I could put oceansfull plushies, etc. up there.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Both the Sennen and/or the JesDyr layout editors have a "spiral" command, which lets you make (ostensibly; still tearing my hair out trying to get it to work), among other things, staircases out of just about anything, including Tiles, various square or rectangular objects, or even Stair building blocks. There was one house where I was trying to get from Point A to Point B using building blocks (Tiles, I think it was) where not only did they curve and have riser heights, but also went up at angles, so it was like a staircase made of ramps (I was impatient and running out of mats ;->). Didn't work all that well, but it can be done.

Uwk
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I happened to have bought a Fanta Orange soda a few days ago. On the label it says 'caffeine free'. So someone must have gotten after them about it.

Need to get my characters on skyfire to gather up some cogs so I can get floor tiles and furniture and decorate my other two prestige houses.
  19. elflover Well-Known Member

which skyfire toon do you want them too ? i have ponies going so got some to share. (also makes sure to pick up the tinker recipes so you can make most items yr round as long as you have some cogs)
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Aphubop and Uthesthan are owners of my other prestige houses on skyfire. Don't have much to decorate with on those two houses.