My Pet Peaves 2018

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

Some things that I would love to have improved in the game "Some" day "Soon(tm)"

• Not being able to fly above mountains in certain zones: ie Thundering Steppes, Nek Forest
      (I can fly hundreds and hundreds of meters in the sky in DoV but like a 20m hill in TS, nope can't do it,
      I hit an invisible celiing)
    • Having to Turn off then turn back on the autoconsume for totems and potions to consume...why doesn't it just....consume
    • Having Auto-attack stats, just set them to a fixed value for each level except for WDB and merge SWDB and WDB together. Then we only have to worry about 1 stat for a meaningless set of stats to no longer confuse people into thinking they matter.
    • More White adorns for waist (I can't seem to find any new ones worth putting on waist, maybe it is just me)
    • Pointless AA that doesn't do what it says it does.
      • 1% potency anyone? (heroic AA)
      • +10% potency to heals (coercive healing)
      • Reuse Speed AA when everyone's stat are above 100% reuse on LIVE It doesn't affect the reuse of the spell...because it is only changing the reuse stat for that spell.
      • This will only affect melee weapons.....you are a mage, you have a great spellweapon....what to do
    • Ground mounts that you can't use for appearance on flying mounts....seriously, just say that it is just a magical illusion that you are on a ground mount that paws at the air when you fly.....It's magic!!
    • Not being able to Jump in Cities when on a flying mount. It is a major pain.
    • A pet that runs up to the mob and does.....nothing
    • When you lose connection, come back in and you can no longer loot cos for some magical reason you are busy, so busy you have to re-log to be able to loot again.
    I have more, but those are the ones that I can think of at the moment.
    GrunEQ, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

Some small clarifications:
    "Not being able to Jump in Cities when on a flying mount. It is a major pain."
    ----> You can jump if you push a direction button, but you cannot jump straight up then push a movement button to go in said direction.
    "Reuse Speed AA"
    ----> So say you have [INSERT SPELL HERE] with a base recast of around 5 minutes, you have a base reuse of 100%. your AA says it reduces the recast by 60 seconds. In reality it is only adding +50% to your base reuse stat (I know the math doesn't add up, just an example). for said spell. You will not get more than 100% reuse....so it has no effect.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

I suspect that part of the reason you can't fly high in a lot of the older zones is due to the 'zone walls' that weren't addressed when flying got introduced much later.

I also wouldn't be surprised if those parts of the zone are unfinished, don't have 'tops' on them, etc. Remember the skyshrine guild halls? Not designed for flyers, no roofs on the buildings.

It would be nice, though, and much more convenient than having to go all the way around.
    Rhodris and Mermut like this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

in the hunt for animations, i believe the currently existing ground animations should suffice with one assumption - altitude adjustments can use the slope the same way it works on the ground where your mount tilts up or down. i'd love to use my scorched sky mounts instead of the great divide ts griffons or the tinkered wings :)
    Rosyposy likes this.