My Monk is uselsess

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-KanDarar, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-FamilyManFirst Guest

You know, Gage, it occurs to me that this makes it even more ironic. Earlier the devs gave us, first, the ability to use Round Shields to help boost our defense, saying that it was a needed tweak to even Monks up with plate tanks. Later, they gave use the "equivalent" of Round Shields and took away the ability to use a shield. Makes sense to me.

Now, they've nerfed Agility so that we're even worse than pre-Round-Shield tanking and they claim that it's still balanced???

Right, SOE, riiiiight.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

altho im not a monk,i got a bruiser and since the bruiser forum is half dead when it comes to posting i though id post here,i do belive this agi nerf was needed,but after the patch we actualy see how useless the deflection skill really is,i dont tihnk my bruiser deflects more hits then my guardian and if he does it isnt even noticble,i belive the real problem with the brawler tree is the deflection skill not being as good as it should,i dont mean the skill level or anything i mean its usefullness,i belive SOE needs to take a good look at this skill and work on fixing it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Leivantes Guest

Pips, you're better-spoken than I am... but what you said, I echo. (at lvl 41). In group situations, a monk will now NEVER have an advantage over a plate class tank. And no way in hell I'm starting over either (who's to say your new toon isn't going to have a HUGE nerf after committing to it so long?)
  4. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Well since I already rerolled my Warlock due to his problems I'm not going to reroll again.. I'm hoping SOE comes up with a fix soon. Till then I'll focus on str gear and DPS and leave the tanking to the plate classes. Kind of sad to since I like being the tank. I picked the Monk class cause I could either DPS or tank depending on the groups needs. I never expected to tank Vox but normal exp mobs I did.

If it is right that SOE has Monks right where they want them with tanking green^^ to white^^ only and that is where they want the game to be, fine but bring the plate classes down to our level so we can still be called tanks.. Sorry plate class I HATE calling for nerfs but at the same time I'd like to play my class as a tank the way SOE told me I would be able to. And if no one wants me cause you do the job 10x better then thats just wrong.

I personally thing deflection should be greater then a tower shield.
  5. ARCHIVED-Babayaaga Guest

I really hate to point out the obvious, but if it was the overpowering buffs that was overinflating the Agility of scout classes and of course their groupmates...

Why weren't these buffs tapered down to be more "realistic"?

Nerfing Agility not only lacks foresight, it lacks "Vision" (excuse the pun). This "nerf" isn't only affecting tank classes, casters are having a much harder time landing their spells now. Nerfing an ability with such a wide variance of effectiveness class-wide has got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen a game Dev company do yet... it's beginning to rival Mythic with their ToA/NF nerfrounds!
  6. ARCHIVED-PrometheusO Guest

I hate say this but things will only get worse from here. It is Sony's pattern. I will never play another Sony MMORPG again. Sony has shown themselves to be incompetent in contructing any MMORPG correctly and if they come close, they destroy it one patch at a time. I have played EQ1, SWG, and now EQ2. I have met some nice people while playing this game. I will log on tonight and say my good byes to all those friends I have made. I am canceling my subscription. Good luck to everyone on both sides of the argument. I have had my fill. Thank you and take care.

Sensei Musashi
    22 lvl Monk

Shogan Musashi
    25 lvl Ranger

Adoren
    17 lvl Cleric
  7. ARCHIVED-ChaosDivine Guest

level 27 monk, spen most of my cash "growing up" on Agi items, that no longer seem to work, I used to be able to tank fairly well, I would have considered myself on par with all other tank types. Now in a fight if the healer isnt on his toes I'm dead. So I will no longer play my favorite class until some kind of fix is made. Farewell to you my fellow nerfed monks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Invic Guest

I used to think we were sligtly under the plate tanks in most tanking fights. That was fine by me as some fights I was really good at. I also could dps rather well so it was a fine trade off some high aggro dpsing and pretty decent tanking was nice. Now I am a paper doll that dies so fast no heal in this game can save me! Ever been in a full group and gone 95% to dead faster then a heal channels during casting ? Lol I have fighting Green^^ the last few days. What real fun is roomate plays a fury, in fight that I tried to tank he litterally cannot get a heal off since I take spike dmg larger then my life pool on blue cons......
    Thank goodness for combat rez otherwise I miss half the fights I started out tanking a blue con. Someday we might get a fair shake but what then another patch of nerfdom and we spend a month waiting to get fixed to get broke 2 weeks later? Think my new rule of thumb if its a caster it has to wear medium to heavy or it just target practice and rez bait. Means no scouts also as they are but farts in the wind to dmg right now also.

Only option we have is /auc wtb shield to help in tanking perferably even to 5 levels below me wearing plate armor pst! Then all ya have to do is stand behind your new sheild :)

Think tonight I try tanking naked because I swear the mobs have to be capping dmg when they hit me now.....
    Message Edited by Invic on 02-04-2005 03:46 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

Other tanks are complaining about getting hit harder by mobs as well compared to pre-patch. It might have something to do with the increased 30+ mob stats. So it may not all be just the agi nerf.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tay Guest

They took our ability to use shields away and increased our (I think) deflection. or something alongs those lines.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tay Guest

I spent another 2-3 hrs last night tanking in an unauthodox grp of 3 (Ranger/Wiz/Monk) and I honestly seem to be the same as before, perhaps I got hit 1-2 times more.

We were doing regular giants and goliaths I seemed to "avoid" being hit with my self buffs, doing a few ^^ giants the dmg seemed a little more pronounced but nowhere near what other people seem to be affected by.

My Barbarian monk has 90str and 95agi unbuffed and I seemed to fair as well I always did.

I hope that doesnt change when I get higher level, or perhaps this is not affecting everybody?
  12. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Hey guys and gals -
    I really have nothing terribly constructive to add - I haven't done any hard testing with my ranger - but just so you know, we scouts are feeling the effects too. I think I'm getting hit more often for more damage, and obviously any hit to AGI is a penalty to any scout class - Agility is our bread and butter just like it is yours, but for different reasons. We're not in as much of an uproar over on the scout forums, but we're not meant to stand in the line of fire and have our AGI save our skins like you monks are. And we have our own problems - the patch earlier this week broke two of our most useful skills - but just wanted to show some support and solidarity. Contrary to some people's opinions, scouts aren't out to 'de-DPS' all other classes. We like you guys. Trust me, a monk tanking with a ranger or assassin backstabbing is a beautiful thing. :)

Anyway, hope SOE addresses this - there's obviously a problem, this many people don't get this upset over a small balance change. Take care and keep ya heads up.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bleed Through Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Zokaab Guest

So, what I have been seeing thus far...fighter classes all outdamage every class in the game, wiz's are supposed to be top dps in the game but arent, scouts are being outdamaged by fighter classes...wiz's were(or are still) being outdamaged by scouts...it just reminds me all too well of the past.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=52376 ***Re-Envisioning Classes in EverQuest***

There isnt even an expantion out yet and already they are having to revamp lots of classes...oh the fear of what the future holds :(
    Message Edited by Zokaab on 02-04-2005 03:20 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Coterei Guest

This I think is why monks between 20 and 23 didn't see a diference with the patch, monks have an inflated deflection skill at level 20 of 130/100, with this level difference the monks deflection was "super charged," making no noticable difference after the agility patch. I think if they modified the deflection calculations to act as if the skill were 2 levels higher then it is, all brawler classes would be right where we should be in our tanking abilities.