My LoN wings... (and other mount requests)

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-mjmartin, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-mjmartin Guest

I have 2 of the 3 LoN wings, and a couple sets of the white wings from SoL. I don't object to having to buy new wings to fly, but I really would like to have them show as the appearance items when flying. Also, I bought the very expensive stormcloud mount for my fury and would LOVE that appearance to overwrite the flying. It's the same pose as the discs so why can't it fly too? Same for Fitzpitzle's very rare mount from DT.
    I'm sure this will get peeled apart, but these are things that bother me as a roleplayer and they took a lot of money or time to happen. Or in the case of Fitpitzle's it was months of DKP. Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

This is one of my pet peeves, number one on my soapbox list. I see horses flying through the air in loping plains and lavastorm as well.
    I really really want to be able to use other mounts as my flying appearance and the wings we have as cloaks in appearance slot oh my yes, especially those.
  3. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    It's not like it'd be hard to do, i reckon it would be cool to fly around on clouds after all they are clouds they go hand in hand with flying things!
  4. ARCHIVED-katalmach Guest

General_Info wrote:
    It's not hard to do at all. In fact, one particular cloud mount was "bugged" so that it could be used as appearance for a flying mount. They fixed it in the last update, after about a year of it being "bugged". Such a shame! It really looked amazing as a flying mount and it didn't cause any problems, it worked perfectly.
  5. ARCHIVED-agovu Guest

Kasima@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This.
    I spent several thousand plat and a good amount of hours getting all the collection pieces for the Abyssal Carpet.
    And I can't use it as appearance over my dragon that gives me a good amount of stats?
    Even If I could just use it as appearance and just simply not fly.. would be great.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ellarae Guest

There are quite a few mounts from the days before we had flying mounts that really should fly, but don't. The carpet from Sinking Sands, the cloud mount from KoS, the sokokar from Kunark (not actually a mount, but it could be). There are probably more that I don't know about yet. I would love to see some level 85 quests added to the end of those questlines which result in those mounts being able to fly (and in the case of the sokokar, become an actual mount).