My kingdom for a root!

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-zhiDarkivel, Nov 26, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-zhiDarkivel Guest

So there I was, writting away on my provisioner, having a grand old time in the 70s. I'd go out, get about 150 or so of everything I needed, and that would get me through 20ish writs comfortably. A little frustrating that none of the level 74 writs use either King Prawn or Torsis Tea Leaves, but what can you do? I was too busy fantasizing about what an actual cranberry cocoa smoothie might taste like to care.

So I run out of barracuda, don't feel like going back out to Kylong, and jump over to my 70 tailor for a bit. After all, I've got tons of roots and pelts I've been saving up from my harvesting trip -- should be able to make good progress. Okay, not tons of roots, but close to 250. That should get me a fair pace, right? Right?

4 writs. That's all those 250 roots got me. 4 writs. I am now rocking back and forth and gibbering at the wall at the thought of how much harvesting I'm going to have to do just to get up to 74 and the possibility of some writs that don't take 54 roots a pop.

How are the rest of the classes holding up?
  2. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

Raw usage for tailors is way out of whack, I've been feedbacking this for ages. I suspect that it is as bad or almost as bad with armorers, but I'm told it isn't as bad.
    When the recipes changed from needing the subcombines to the present state, th number of roots needed for the WORTs, the Patterns, the cloth bolts, etc etc, all got rolled into a single recipe and now you have an insane number of raws needed for each recipe. However the good news is that speed writs are now possible, as the strange durability spikes that always seemed to happen with tailoring are not as bad now, and the new reactive arts actually work. So if you did speedwrits, you'd maybe be able to do 8 writs ;P
  3. ARCHIVED-Motown Guest

Filraen@Najena wrote:
    I think the same thing, often. But then that phrase has a wholly different meaning down here in Australia.
  4. ARCHIVED-zhiDarkivel Guest

Ikarri@Lucan DLere wrote:
    This was doing speed writs. 6 combines at 9 roots each.
  5. ARCHIVED-LisaLicious Guest

ROFL @ Motown
    I thought the exact same thing when I read it
  6. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Before I hand you out a root I would like to have some information about your kingdom:

- size
    - population
    - avg. tax income
    - special harvest ressources

7. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

Most probably I will level my tailor with t7 writs till 75.This still uses a huge amount of roots tho. AFAIR I leveled to 70 with recipes using pelts as these were quite common on the broker
  8. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

i still remember grinding my tailor alt through t6 on t5 recipes due to insane expensive t6 roots...
  9. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I did a similar post mainly adressing rare but alo mentionning
    the fact the amount of roots gathered and the amount of roots needed on a global (i mean server) scale
    is not well tuned.

A crafter that is also an adventurer and spent a lot of time gathering will have in the current situation
    to do specific farming sessions in order to match its means (assuming that he keeps adventure and craft level in the same tier).

This clearly means tht there a lack of roots (or it's the same that recipes use too much of them).

The price of roots which matter for crafter that stay in the city or for gatherer that sell
    is hencefore very very high.

Indeed there is a simle way to become rich in the current situation, be a gatherer .

There is another indication of lack tuning between gathererd amound and what is necessarly.
    Simply the ridiculous price of all nn rare famillies exept root and 1-2 others. Most agregates and wood have a nul value.

In my guild we are all grinding roots, and the situation is apparently
    worst in the high level even if it exists as early as tier 2.