My Fish Aquarium!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-LadyVader, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

Great Tank and thanks for the Idea!!!!

Here's my version: Can't really see from image, but i used the mystic mirror thingy in the back of it to produce a water affect.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-LadyVader Guest

Very cool! Love the water effect and the plants you added to the sides, very nice touch! Keep the ideas coming everyone, maybe they will give us more fish to put in our tanks!
  3. ARCHIVED-imphe2 Guest

As posted on another thread, the fish tank is genius!
  4. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

I really love the aquariums and simply must have one. Can anyone get this quest, or do you have to start a new character?
  5. ARCHIVED-LadyVader Guest

I did this quest on my 70+ necro, so I'm assuming you don't need to start a new character in Gorowyn.
  6. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Oh goodie! I'm off to get myself a fish.

Edited to say: Caught him! Gee, I love quests that reward neat house items.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

NVM..got it :) Now to mull over the creation :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I did that quest line and didn't get a house item :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

Did you check your mailbox? He mails you the fish after the quest is completed.
  10. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

I think you also have to go to Gorowyn before he mails the fish. My character came right back to Qeynos after completing the quest, and the fish was not in her mailbox. Then she went to Gorowyn, and as soon as she got the discovery notice she also got a notice that she had new mail, and her fish had arrived.
  11. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Is it just me....or does anyone else think it is a BAD idea to mail FISH?!? Now I like the idea of a quest reward waiting for me at home (esp if it is furniture, which can't be used right away, unlike armour that could be used right away)... but FISH.
    I mean suppose the mail bard doesn't realize it's a dead animal they are carrying, suppose the cold spells the wizards cast on the wrapping get dispelled...you got some poor bard wondering they are no longer as charming as they normally are...all because they got a stinky fish stuff in their pocket.
  12. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

Not any worse than having a flaming skull stuffed into your mailbox...
  13. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

LadyVader, using these materials for an aquarium is a great idea! When I saw your lovely aquarium, and Ryuuza's, I just had to have my own. I've made mine pretty much just like yours, but with a few different toys.

I used the mystic mirror for the water effect, and then placed the painting, "Leviathan Unbound," behind it. (As Ryuuza mentioned, the water effect is much more apparent in-game.) I also used a couple of the Selkie mushrooms, a miniature griffin tower, an iksar ship in a bottle and a ruubika's cube.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Fetish Guest

Those are freakin awesome guys!!
    I'm going to have to get my butt in gear! My house has hit its limit and i'm having a very hard time trying to pick things to stay and to go :(
  15. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

Very pretty :) !!
  16. ARCHIVED-Jekel Guest

Been working on my own aquarium and very nearly done... just having a problem with the Mystic Mirror poking out on either side! Haven't been able to find anything suitable to hide the bits peeking out, but notice both Ryuuza and Galldora have, what appears to be, a wooden pillar on either side of their tanks that would totally do the trick! Is that part of the architecture of your houses... or are they actually pillars I can buy or get thru questing??

Thanks!!

xo,
    Jeks
  17. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

That pillar is an adamantine pillar. I used two on each side because with one I still had a bit of mirror sticking out.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ryuuza Guest

I used the adamantite pillars and some flowers to hide the pokey out bits of the mystic mirror. A lot of trial and error *ugh* to get it right.

I should get more fish and build a bigger tank -- but so close to my house limit /cries.
  19. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Ah, fish...one more thing to wish for now! I'd really like to have another variety or two, maybe somthing a little bit smaller. Not to put in the tank with that big guy, of course, but maybe for a second tank. I'd also like a goldfish swimming in a bowl. I wonder if that could be arranged...
  20. ARCHIVED-Jekel Guest

Thanks for all the info and FAB ideas Lady Vader, Galldora and Ryuuza... & here's my first attempt @ a fish tank!!

Mine is the "low budget" version though as it's Frostfell and I spent all my free plat on holiday decor!!

Used Freeport Wooden Counters instead of the Mahogany ones and Worn Sandstone Pillars (large) instead of the Adamantine.

Had a tough time as well concealing the mirror... in fact, it's still poking out here and there if you look close! Btw, I can't seem to get my fish in front of the mirror, so that's why he's so fuzzy!

[IMG]

xo,
    Jeks