My experience tonight after the so called "Hotfix"...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Vanessa, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Hmm... I'll keep it simple. Level 39 Zerk. Not happy with nerf to bloodlust, but I have simply started using Focus Rage with Tides of War and ignored Bloodlust and I'm just as effective as I was pre patch it seems. in terms of going Berserk, I do it quite often every fight either on yellow and above group mobs and blue-orange solo mobs.

Granted I was CONSTANTLY procing Berserk with a dual wield set up, but now I'm procing Zerk about as often with Focus Rage as I did with a 2 hander and Bloodlust up pre patch.

Bottom line, at 39 I solo and group just as well as I did. What is nerfed is my dual wield uber agro lock with Bloodlust.
  2. ARCHIVED-tfbomb Guest

I've got to say that I'm also pretty pleased with the way things worked out in regards to Bloodlust. As it was, it was clearly broken and needed to be toned down. There's no reason why a Berserker should be berserking 100% of the time. After some pretty extensive testing, I've noticed that I probably am berserk about 50-60% of the time. I'm fairly certain that this was the intent of SoE for berserkers. I have had to use shield/1h combo more often due to the buffing of group mobs, but I still rock as a tank and a dps. My standard buff line is Upgraded Battle Tactics, STR buff, Bloodlust, Blood Rage for group mobs when no chanter in group, Fury, Stifled Rage. Also, I always keep Reckless Stance and Focus Rage up at all times unless I'm not the MT. Berserkers were forced to relearn part of their tactics (i.e. Aggro management), but I feel that this is a good thing. Those complaining about not berserking enough have been spoiled too much by Bloodlust and need to take a step back and rethink why they became a Berserker in the first place.

Matador
    33 Barbarian Berserker of Mistmoore
    Slege
  3. ARCHIVED-commandobob Guest

sony seem to alway listen to the nerf criers look at SWg for example , but dam i go away for a week and or class is fecked when i come back
  4. ARCHIVED-ulkbar Guest

I play a guardian and I agree that this nerf you guys received was a bit extreme. The only problem that I saw with bloodlust (the only skill that had something wrong with it in my eyes) was a taunting factor that seemed to wipe other peoples aggro. There was no reason to nerf how often it proced. All they had to do is get rid of the taunting aspect of it. Here is to hoping that they fix you guys up and give you back your DPS.
  5. ARCHIVED-Faeye Guest

I never said I liked the nerf. In fact, I don't believe anyone should ever be nerfed. It creates unneeded emotional stress with attatchments to what you've created -- a berzerker.

I've said this in other places, but I'll repeat it here.

If you guys want to do more damage than me, go ahead: I don't care. If you guys want to be in berzerker mode the entire time: go right ahead, it's your class. I never said Sony fixed your class entirely, and I believe you have the right to be vocal and complain. However, most people here really are being greedy.

You chose the class under the fighter archtype, not scout. You even went a bit further and chose warrior fromt he list of three. Brawlers do tons of damage and have a bucket load of awesome skills. Still, though, you picked the description suggesting a tank that fights instinctively. No where did it say you will do tons of damage.

I believe berzerkers should do more damage, however. They should bring the offensive buffs to the group, where as a guardian will bring defensive ones. I dont' mean defensive for the tank, either. Most of our buffs buff the group, not us. We can't Allay ourself or guard ourselves from the mobs. In essence, we don't mitigate more damage than berserkers, either.

With the optimal scenario, a guardian can have the most HP. However, that's miniscule compared to every other class out there. a Zerker falls very closely behind, and that's it. Guardians, in fact, tank just as well as a berzerker.

This isn't just here-say, either. I've seen it first hand. Come backs against my level or race of character are just silly. Even at an early age, you can see the differences in character, I have a guild, and I have friends. Don't cop-out just because you think I'm low level. Learn to actually debate, if you wish to get a response.
  6. ARCHIVED-Fafnir Guest

The tanking disadvantage of a BER relative to a GUA is "very little".

GUA defensive positions are replicated (similarly) by BER positions, and have a small impact anyway. Abilities held by a GUA which are not shared with the BER are, generally, group defensive buffs that are short term and never (rarely) used - they don't help mitigate damage for the GUA themselves, which is what it's about, and a pretty useless in mitigating the damage for others.

Let's see...
    * Armor: same
    * Weapons: same
    * Defensive buffs: similar (e.g. Destructive rage, Unflinching will, Controlled rage etc. You think the GUA gets anything much better than these? Nope)

If the BER is 95% of the tank a GUA is, surely it should be only 105% or so of the DPS? And at least in my view, agro generating ability should be the same in each case.

If you want a bigger DPS lead, which is fine with me personally, then you should reduce tanking ability more than is the case. But yes, that would lead you towards all the other non tank melee dps classes.