My experience tonight after the so called "Hotfix"...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Vanessa, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

wow nice whine! 5 cheeses for you!
    seriously a day into the patch and still liking it..as are most other zerks I talk to in-game...
    /Shrug still go bers a lot...of course unplanned agro is more diffcult to handle but overall its very nice...class requires more than 1 trick now.
  2. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

Well once again Overlord if all you can post is that you :

1. Love the changes and find it makes your job more challenging.
    2. Call anyone that does not a whiner.
    3. Repeatedly say that others like the changes as well, yet there is no evidence of this.

I really don't see how you have any credibility.

I don't know what kind of player you are, that you enjoy being nerfed and see it as a way to feel better about yourself and blast other players who do not enjoy being nerfed. But honestly you seem to get off on it.

Vanessa
  4. ARCHIVED-Xino Guest

There are a few senarios that I can think of why the proc rate for berserk has been drastically reduced.

1) Another bug was caused during the fix.
    2) The fixes to focus rage and bloodlust were they now increase in effectiveness with upgrades. Its quite possible they were working on Master 3 quality. And getting that quality could improve it to the previous effectiveness.
    3) They nerfed it.

One thing I enjoyed about the previous state of the class was that I could count on a predictable outcome while fighting. I knew that I could sustain double beserk state 95% of the time. To me that seemed to give us all the results we wanted out of playing a berserker. Better damage with less defense. I tried playing the other night, essentially without berserk. I berserk very rarely and I was trying to get it to happen as often as I could. I got the new taunt+berserk, used raging strike, focus rage, bloodlust. I wish we could get an official word on how often we should be berserking using all the skills that activate it.

I believe raging strike is bugged. I see a little icon appear when it strikes for about 1 sec then dissappear. I can't imagine that being the berserk state, can anybody verify?

I'm lvl 27. I may be within that level range where this class is broken but I am also a bit surprised at how difficult it is berserk now.

Xino
    lvl 27 berserker
  5. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

Berserkers should be berserk most the time, we lose deefnse for it so not like it was an unfair ability, they've now pretty much taken it away from us-when i was a warrior i looked forward to becoming the zerker and being berserk and doing respectable damage. But with berserk state taken away from us i feel like i never made it to my subclass, ive been cursed to stay as the warrior class forever, not quite achieving the berserker which is real disappointing. Clearly overlord didnt enjoy the berserker class and had wanted to stay a warrior forever, that wish has come true for him so he is happy
  6. ARCHIVED-Faeye Guest

No body likes being nerfed. However, it's neccesary when the other 86% of the player population see inbalance in your class. Obciously, Sony agreed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Azadon Guest

Careful what you wish for Faeye, Guardians could be next.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

Eh, Faeye is creating things out of thin air in a effort to continue trolling our boards.

Don't feed the trolls IMO.

Vanessa
  9. ARCHIVED-Jtjp Guest

This in response to posts by certain guardians that seem to read the zerker forums more then their own. i think that i should clear somthing up....guardians seem to believe that zerkers want the best of both worlds...high armor class and high dps...i believe that most of the zerkers that have posted only want one thing...and that is better dps then a guardian but not as high as a scout...everyone would agree that that would be unfair. guardians are looking at a zerker especially before the patch and are envious of us as we are envious of them...and that was largely why they were complaining about our dps and agro...the agro they had a point on...but anyway they need to see that alot of our skills cost either our health or our ac to fall...so we trade damage for health or ac...while a guardian maintains his ac and health throughout the whole fight...i have visited the priest forums and hands down they rate guardian as the best tank...before and after the update.....so stop hating on our class guardians....we were balanced before with the exceptions that we should not be outdamaging scouts ...our damage should be just below theirs....you guys have all the ac in the world and are the prefered tanks...we can do two jobs..ie main tank and off tank because of our dps and high ac although not as high as what you guys can make yours...so stop hating our class and be glad that you have gotten nerfed...we have a legitimate beef...#$%^ the agro who cares about it...i think most of us just want to be able to outdamage a guardian...when we did our quest in freeport ...to become a zerker the choices were kill the assassins or guard the spy....i chose kill .. i would like to be able to kill better then a guardian.
  10. ARCHIVED-Vanessa Guest

What suprises me, is after all the mmorpg's over the years and all the nerfs, you still get people that celebrate when another class is nerfed.

I dislike nerfing, I don't think it ever helps.

It just makes me sad, that people are still so petty sometimes that they like to dance on the grave of other classes you know? I'd think that all the mmorpgs by now would have made everyone realize that any nerf is a negetive thing to the entire gaming community.

But hey, how can I expect players to learn from the past when SOE themselves can't even learn from the past? This whole thing is identical to me to what SOE did in EQ1 when they nerfed all the hybrids to make Warriors happy.

Vanessa
  11. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

Aye, my pally really got bent over in EQ1 so warriors could have everything, funny how i chose a class here that suffers the same fate....maybe i like being bent over :smileysurprised:
  12. ARCHIVED-Soap Guest

Im so fed up like many many other zerkers out there about there abilities and skills.
    I salute anyone that has made a stand against this stupid not thought out properly patch and so called hotfix, people need to express there feelings and anger over such things, cause at the end of the day ive spent hours upon hours on my zerker, char devolopment wise and questing and access quests,now i feel its all been a waste of time,cause there is no way in hell im playing my 31 zerker now that i cant "zerk".

What is the point of playing a beserker when you have 10% or less to "beserk" ?

Whats the point of playing a healer when they cant heal?
    Whats the point of playing a nuker when they cant nuke? etc etc..

Lots of our skills rely on "zerk" state to use.
    As for our lvl 20 zerk buff, ive tested and tested and writen feedback forms after feedback forms, the skill does not work the way it says or should do,another waste of time spell/ability.
    Bloodlust was or "upgrade" yeah it was at first,now.... yeah pull the other one.

I can fully understand them "decreseing" the amount of "procs" bloodlust" produces while in combat, but to make it so its not even worth useing is insane, whats the point of the skill now?

all these skills we get that "has a chance of going beserk" crap on them, yeah like what chance? 5 %? !0%?

Zerkers were always meant to be aggressive fighters, i.e. dps classes,
    wanna hit us with the nerf stick? fine, take away the ability to wear plate for a start, chain will do nicely,make it so that the real Tank classes can tank,and we do what we do best and hit stuff,and hit stuff hard and fast.

Bloodlust has the effect that generated aggro onto you when it proced, well thats fine when your trying to get aggro,its not fine when your not MA./MT.
    Sort the skills out for *ods sake! test test and test somemore before putting a half ar*ed patch through.

Dont get me wrong i can fully understand class and game balancing issues takeing place,but DONT destroy a class by taking away from them the soul thing that makes them that class.
  13. ARCHIVED-Soap Guest

Im so fed up like many many other zerkers out there about there abilities and skills.
    I salute anyone that has made a stand against this stupid not thought out properly patch and so called hotfix, people need to express there feelings and anger over such things, cause at the end of the day ive spent hours upon hours on my zerker, char devolopment wise and questing and access quests,now i feel its all been a waste of time,cause there is no way in hell im playing my 31 zerker now that i cant "zerk".

What is the point of playing a beserker when you have 10% or less to "beserk" ?

Whats the point of playing a healer when they cant heal?
    Whats the point of playing a nuker when they cant nuke? etc etc..

Lots of our skills rely on "zerk" state to use.
    As for our lvl 20 zerk buff, ive tested and tested and writen feedback forms after feedback forms, the skill does not work the way it says or should do,another waste of time spell/ability.
    Bloodlust was or "upgrade" yeah it was at first,now.... yeah pull the other one.

I can fully understand them "decreseing" the amount of "procs" bloodlust" produces while in combat, but to make it so its not even worth useing is insane, whats the point of the skill now?

all these skills we get that "has a chance of going beserk" crap on them, yeah like what chance? 5 %? !0%?

Zerkers were always meant to be aggressive fighters, i.e. dps classes,
    wanna hit us with the nerf stick? fine, take away the ability to wear plate for a start, chain will do nicely,make it so that the real Tank classes can tank,and we do what we do best and hit stuff,and hit stuff hard and fast.

Bloodlust has the effect that generated aggro onto you when it proced, well thats fine when your trying to get aggro,its not fine when your not MA./MT.
    Sort the skills out for *ods sake! test test and test somemore before putting a half ar*ed patch through.

Dont get me wrong i can fully understand class and game balancing issues takeing place,but DONT destroy a class by taking away from them the soul thing that makes them that class.
  14. ARCHIVED-Soap Guest

Sorry for double post.
  15. ARCHIVED-SCORP10 Guest

What 86% Faeye????

That's utter rubbish!

I have many friends online of all classes and they all agree with me, that the nerf wasn't necessary.

The only people who don't agree (Your imaginary 86% of the population on EQ2) is some Guardians, and not even all of them, I've spoken to some who think our nerf wasn't necesary. And most of the ones who were complaining, were only saying that we took too much aggro, not that we needed our DPS nerfed too. So get your facts right before you make such ridiculous comments please.
  16. ARCHIVED-Soap Guest

/friendly bUmp
  17. ARCHIVED-Slaine Mcrothe Guest

Our class is nerfed , end of story. We are meant to be a warrior class seperate from that of the guardian , we sacrifice defence in order to procure a higher rate of dps, we are meant to go BEFOOKINZERK.

I took this role not to be a guardian called a beserker but to be a true beserker , a frenzied bundle of muscle and steel waiting to be unleashed on some unsuspecting badd [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. But it seems people want us to carry a sheild, do less dps, and have less ac and hp than a guardian, no heal abilities ( like a pally) then why have a zerker class at all.

We dont tank like a guardian cos WE AINT GUARDIANS, we RELY on our dps to finish them b4 they finish us, not a defensive strategy as we should be an offensive Tank, and in return we take big damage, u start pulling all these tweaks to balance a game out and ur gonna end up with ONE class, so why bother picking a class at all cos we will all end up the same.

Yes we pulled aggro off main tanks unless care was taken , but we arent 'whinging' about that being sorted, we are 'whinging' about our zerk state being FUBAR'd and with it our DPS.

Slaine
  18. ARCHIVED-Slaine Mcrothe Guest

Our class is nerfed , end of story. We are meant to be a warrior class seperate from that of the guardian , we sacrifice defence in order to procure a higher rate of dps, we are meant to go BEFOOKINZERK.

I took this role not to be a guardian called a beserker but to be a true beserker , a frenzied bundle of muscle and steel waiting to be unleashed on some unsuspecting badd [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. But it seems people want us to carry a sheild, do less dps, and have less ac and hp than a guardian, no heal abilities ( like a pally) then why have a zerker class at all.

We dont tank like a guardian cos WE AINT GUARDIANS, we RELY on our dps to finish them b4 they finish us, not a defensive strategy as we should be an offensive Tank, and in return we take big damage, u start pulling all these tweaks to balance a game out and ur gonna end up with ONE class, so why bother picking a class at all cos we will all end up the same.

Yes we pulled aggro off main tanks unless care was taken , but we arent 'whinging' about that being sorted, we are 'whinging' about our zerk state being FUBAR'd and with it our DPS.

Slaine Beserker
  19. ARCHIVED-Lademoiselle Guest

I am a 34 Berserker and I average between 58-83 dps a fight. I am not sure what problems most of you are having but I am fine with my Zerker. Sorry to hear your having problems.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kodachi Guest

Have to say I am very happy with the hotfix. Bloodlust no longer keeps Blood Rage from procing. I am berserk about 80 - 90 percent of the time when im main tank, and can use blood rage too! I don't mind the nerf from 100% berserk w/o blood rage, to 80-90% berserk with blood rage, but I would like to see some of my skills that say they have a chance to make me go berserk actually make me go berserk :).

I love my Zerker, I hope Vanessa finds another class so she can go complain on their boards :).

Indya
    32 Ratonga Berserker
    36 Provisioner
    Antonia Bayle
    Shadow Company