Fixed Internally My Equipment is no longer usuable.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Twyla, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Twyla Well-Known Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Murugan's Manor
    Character: Level 97 Beastlord

Summary: My Equipment Vanished
    Description: Character: Murugan
    Server: Skyfire
    When I logged in all my equipment was in my overflow. It stated I need Expansion: Age of Discovery to equip it. I have all the expansions up to and including Ro. I've been playing since 2012 and have purchased every expansion. As it stands Murugan cannot play now.
    NateM, Prayos and Dude like this.
  2. Prayos Well-Known Member

Every time I let my subscription lapse and this happens to me, I get reminded I'm old and allowed to forget things, lol. Not saying that's your case. Just wanted to share an anecdote.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I had that happen to me way back when I first started playing. That isn't the issue, I just paid for a year 3 months ago.
    Prayos likes this.
  4. Prayos Well-Known Member

Like I said, I wasn't really saying that might be the case. I'd assumed that wasn't. Just wanted to share. :)
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Catin New Member

Similar thing happened to me today after the server restart. I played last night with all of the same equipment equipped. Then i log in today around noon and immediately get a message that most of my equipment is in my overflow and not able to be equiped because i don't have the Age of Discovery. My situation is a little different because i don't have any of the expansion packs except from many many years ago, but why was i able to equip them for so long and just now they are unusable?
  6. Catin New Member

Just logged in. All of my equipment is now able to be equipped again.
  7. Twyla Well-Known Member

It was worth sharing and appreciated.

UPDATE: I logged Murugan in a few minutes ago and his stuff is equipable again. Thanks to whoever fixed that so quickly! He can run around again.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nobody fixed anything it's simply bad timing with the way the subscription checking works. There are regular posts on here about it. There's a time period at the point where your subscription is 'due' where the system is busy checking/verifying/collecting the next payment and in that time it seems to consider you at least partially unsubscribed. It did it to me this month too. I had the nonsense 'become a member' display while all my member benefits were still functioning as I was already logged in when it hit the critical time point. If you're unlucky enough to actually log in while it's in that brief period you encounter problems such as you experienced. It gets confused. It shouldn't but it does.
  9. Twyla Well-Known Member

But my sub was already renewed, 3 months ago for a year, it wasn't the magical day that everything is checked for this account, that's the 10th. Someone did something. The error I got had nothing to do with subscription status, it said (per my original post) that I didn't have the Expansion: Age of Discovery purchased which is incorrect as I purchased that (along with every other expansion) when pre-ordering was available.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Bunji Developer

There was a loginserver not properly granting AoD features, this should be resolved as of 2/2.
    Dude, Twyla, Prayos and 1 other person like this.
  11. Twyla Well-Known Member

Thank you, Bunji. It was...I posted a very gratful kudos in feedback for the quick resolution to it. And it's above also...not sure why Tkia felt the need to argue with me about it. *shrug* :rolleyes: However, I am VERY grateful that it was resolved the same day as my post.
    Denmum and Dude like this.