My EQ2 Wish List - How about...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilgracie, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Evilgracie Member

Hail Fellow Norrathians:
    I can't tell you how many hours (and years) I've devoted to EQ2 and really enjoy the game. I don't know if the good developers of EQ2 read the forums and gather our ideas, but I wanted to put forth a few suggestions please. Some aren't new, I'm sure they have been requested before, but just wanted to offer up again. Also, if some of the features are already available, please, by all means, let me know.
    • When searching the broker, allow an option to only display recipes not already scribed and collectibles not already added to the collection.
    • Add the collection name to the collection items and also the level of the collection. This way, when viewing a collectible item, you know what level it is and what collections it is a member of.
    • Can we have a 90 level harvesting kit?
    • Allow collectibles and recipes to be scribed from the shared bank.
    • Allow a bank access in the home. Allow buying from the broker in the home.
    • In prestige homes, allow hanging items to be hung off any horizontal surface. The ceilings are very high and hung items aren't seen. But in doorways or ledges etc... items could be hung.
    • Allow multiple personal harvesting boxes per home or increase size from 100 to 200 or 300 or even 500.
    • Please please please beef up the artisan goblin. He has been restricted too much. I can go days without ever getting a rare and I've dedicated my prestige tree for this. I know there is worry it will hurt the economy of rares, but allowing crafters to make multiples up to 100 from the other side of the tree dilutes the economy as well.
    • There appears to be an appearance bug with the mercenaries. I outfitted my merc, removed and lost the gear which I had purchased with real dollars!!
    • Make the elite mercenaries more accessible.
    • Bring back the leaderboards, the full set, not just the 4 items tallied now.
    • Put the potions in the market place that are rewards from your apprentice, ex. Potion of Progress. If the Potion of Progress is say 750 station case of 60 minutes, I would buy it.
    • Introduce cross tier recipes. Example, a seafood stew that requires a tier 1 frog leg, tier 3 seafury mackerel and a tier 6 tiger shrimp. This will stimulate the econony for lower tier levels and help us with our alternate characters as we level them up.
    • All house items and clothing items should have a preview.
    • All recipes books should list what recipes they contain. Some do, not sure why they all don't.
    • Why can't the dungeons have maps? I'm ok with no map until you explore, but afterwards, why can't there be a map?
    • Allow for a favorites list in your recipes so you can have a short go-to list.
    • All dungeons, instances etc... should provide a solo option.
    • Allow direct point-to-point travel paths. Some locations send you to different points until you get to the one you want.
    • Allow for a download, maybe CSV to Excel, of key information. I have 9 characters and I would like to download which collections are completed, which ones are in progress and what items are still needed. I would also like to a feed from the broker to trend buying and selling patterns.
    Well I guess that's about it for now... Thanks for considering...
    StormBurst likes this.
  2. Elostirion Well-Known Member

1) This isnt likely. The data to filter that search is in a different part of the database than the broker resides. Joining those two areas is prohibitive with the current generation of technology. The broker would bog down and be unusably slow.
    2) This would be a lot of grunt work. Can you elaborate the benefit of doing it, as the first time you look at a collectible that information gets put in your journal?
    3) this sounds good. It cant cut harvesting time any furter, but it could add bountiful harvest, or in a rare crafted version, 1% rarefind or something.
    4) They can be- I did it last night.
    5) I'm mixed on this one. I would definitely do it if it were available, but then the population will be even more isolated, everyone living in their own fully equipped house and not really interacting much
    6) You can craft a block or tile or whatever, raise it up to the surface you want, hang your item, and then remove the tile/block. That or use the editor. Clunky maybe, but it works.
    7) They're already working on this. They just want to make sure the guild versions are working, then they'll port the functionality into personal versions.
    8) Oh joy. A 48th thread on this. The harvest goblin is just fine. The ability to craft faster doesnt 'dilute' the economy as you mean, rather the reverse.
    9) Your gear never went onto the merc. You dragged stuff onto his paper doll and images of that gear was loaded there. Your actual gear is in a bag or box somewhere in your person or bank.
    10) if they were more accessible, would they be elite/rare/special?
    11) No idea what you mean here.
    12) I disagree. There's too much pay-to-win on the marketplace now. You can get plenty of potions of progress already. You only need to be a level 10 crafter to get a researcher. Do the researching, get the potions.
    13) I have always thought this was a good idea. Especially since we dont have to be carrying all that stuff on us anymore.
    14) Certain particle effects and motion effects are the only things excluded. They would have to rewrite the code for the preview window from scratch to accomplish this. Probably not worth the time.
    15) They are supposed to. /bug or /feedback the specific ones that dont.
    16) Most of the dungeon maps were made by players. If you think there should be more maps, learn the tutorial and make them.
    17) There is the ability to do this already with various filter techniques. You can also make hotbuttons out of individual recipes.
    18) I disagree here too. There's is (at least) enough solo dungeon content at the moment. This is an MMO after all, and cooperation is supposed to be the norm, with solo stuff as a nice option for the devs to provide in addition.
    19) Again, I disagree. The world is too small already because travel is too easy.
    20) That... would be a request for Feldon. That data might already be in the feed and he might be able to do it if there were enough interest in it.
  3. VeilShard Active Member

Shared bank stuff - I believe you can scribe collectibles but not equip/attune gear and things, would be nice to be able to do that I keep so much stuff in my shared bank for my alts

Also in addition to having a bigger home harvest depot I would love a fuel depot also that you can craft out of. Some people have said vendors but i dont want to take away anything from guild halls, and think a depot would be fine so each character doesnt have to lug around all the fuel into the home for crafting.

Also I dont think this is in yet but haven't checked, have the vault be accessible to all trustees AND be able to transfer ownership of one house to another person with items included. That would also be a great idea for home sales from decorators or if a person just decides they want to delete a character but have a rare prestige house or a nicely decorated one. OR at the least let house ownership be shared on the same account

-Most dungeons and instances you pretty much CAN solo except for the max level ones, I don't really see the issue here, just takes a few extra levels and maybe a merc. Some things just should be made for groups, (this coming from someone who primarily solo's/duo's)

The Artisan goblin - maybe it would be more useful to make the re-cast time a lot longer like 18 hours but make the pulls much bigger therefore a higher chance of rares. I feel like anyone who even wants rares will have to have multiple crafters and also be toon hopping all day long. And yes I have done it and probably annoyed my guild mates... at least that way when the crafters do our daily toon hop we can also check the goblins at the same time.
  4. StormBurst New Member

Great ideas EG! Community feedback is essential to keep the EQ franchise growing. Thanks. I do have a few comments regarding your specific ideas....

• When searching the broker, allow an option to only display recipes not already scribed and collectibles not already added to the collection. Agreed especially on the collectibles. I want to just see what I don't already have.
    • Add the collection name to the collection items and also the level of the collection. This way, when viewing a collectible item, you know what level it is and what collections it is a member of. I see your point, but that might be hard to do. It would be nice when you have one item if you knew what collection it belonged to. If you don't already have it, you can open it in your book, but if you already have it, it won't do that. What I think would be more useful is if you typed in the collection name at the broker and it showed all the members.
    • Can we have a 90 level harvesting kit? There isn't a bubinga harvesting kit?
    • Allow collectibles and recipes to be scribed from the shared bank. You can with collectibles. But what about recipes, dungeon items, transmute or to study legend/lore items. It can be a hassle.
    • Allow a bank access in the home. Allow buying from the broker in the home. Oh yes!
    • In prestige homes, allow hanging items to be hung off any horizontal surface. The ceilings are very high and hung items aren't seen. But in doorways or ledges etc... items could be hung. Is this really a big deal?
    • Allow multiple personal harvesting boxes per home or increase size from 100 to 200 or 300 or even 500. For sure!
    • Please please please beef up the artisan goblin. He has been restricted too much. I can go days without ever getting a rare and I've dedicated my prestige tree for this. I know there is worry it will hurt the economy of rares, but allowing crafters to make multiples up to 100 from the other side of the tree dilutes the economy as well. I think I might stay away from this one. Too many opposing opinions.
    • There appears to be an appearance bug with the mercenaries. I outfitted my merc, removed and lost the gear which I had purchased with real dollars!! I'm pretty sure I had the same thing happen. I looked everywhere for the gear, bags, bank etc... didn't find it, but I could have missed 6-8 items somewhere... o_O
    • Make the elite mercenaries more accessible. uuumm.... maybe. I haven't found one, but I haven't made it my life's work either. I like the idea of having special, elite stuff, but if you can never enjoy it, then what's the point?
    • Bring back the leaderboards, the full set, not just the 4 items tallied now. Ya, liked that.
    • Put the potions in the market place that are rewards from your apprentice, ex. Potion of Progress. If the Potion of Progress is say 750 station case of 60 minutes, I would buy it. Part of me disagrees. You have to earn it. But I do understand that to get to level 95 takes a lot of crafting, plus again for Tinker, plus again for Adorn and then you have to do it 9x if you want a toon for every craft. After awhile, I guess you've earned the right to speed up the process. I will say this though, if making it a paid item, it's your choice to spend your money that way and if it keeps EQ profitable and keeps it around longer, I'm for it.
    • Introduce cross tier recipes. Example, a seafood stew that requires a tier 1 frog leg, tier 3 seafury mackerel and a tier 6 tiger shrimp. This will stimulate the econony for lower tier levels and help us with our alternate characters as we level them up. Clever, love love love this idea. But we'll need bigger harvest depots! ;) And to someone else's point, adding fuel items would be awesome.
    • All house items and clothing items should have a preview. No disagreement here.
    • All recipes books should list what recipes they contain. Some do, not sure why they all don't. Agreed.
    • Why can't the dungeons have maps? I'm ok with no map until you explore, but afterwards, why can't there be a map? Dunno...
    • Allow for a favorites list in your recipes so you can have a short go-to list. A nice to have I guess... not major...
    • All dungeons, instances etc... should provide a solo option. Agreed. I might suggest you find a guild if you don't have one, but there are times I don't want to play in a group, maybe my peeps aren't around or whatever and I can't. Assuming you're playing with a paid subscription, you pay the same amount as a solo player, but get less content.
    • Allow direct point-to-point travel paths. Some locations send you to different points until you get to the one you want. This isn't a major pain, is it? But I want to play the game, not travel.
    • Allow for a download, maybe CSV to Excel, of key information. I have 9 characters and I would like to download which collections are completed, which ones are in progress and what items are still needed. I would also like to a feed from the broker to trend buying and selling patterns. This woudl be cool, but I wonder if very many people would want this....
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2Mission does Leaderboards and some Statistics.

We continue to evaluate what it would take to do these on EQ2U.
  6. Estal Well-Known Member

Tbh the harvesting goblin and mass production are seen as the devil for no real reason, let me explain why:

Biggest sales display has 96 slots, 6 per character... that makes no more than 576 items listed per character (minus any space lost from selling adorns, tinkered stuff, muted stuff, dropped stuff), that is assuming you don't sacrifice any slots in favour of using the veteran display, in which case that drops down to 520 per character, now count the recipes each crafting class has (hint, its a 4 digit number), so just because you can craft a lot does not mean you can actually sell it.
    Sure you can purchase additional character slots for station cash, but even if you bought enough character slots to be able to list 50k fish soup (or whatever) you would still not be able to sell it cause there is no market for that quantity...
    On top of that crafters aren't mindless bots, if we see we can't get even close to recover the cost of crafting an item we don't craft it it regardless of how easy or fast it is.

In other words, if the harvesting goblin would be beefed up the broker wouldn't suddenly be flooded with 35439 sets of ebon armor.