My Current Bow

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Kehoe, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kehoe Guest

of cource like everyone else.. i got Gregor's old bow.. :)

just wondering a bit what speed/dmg you guys have found on other bows.

pls dont dubble post if you see someone else already posted the same bow as you use, as it will clogg up the thread (thx)

it seems a bit stupid being a Ranger but my slow *** still cant shoot faster then 1 time ever 7th second.
    Damage goes up thx to your skill.. speed should lower thx to your skill as well... IMO

if the highend game bows aint faster or do a buckload of more damage, it's stupid.

right now i put out about 20 in dmg from normal shoots.. and with that it aint exactly a thrill to practice the skill.
  2. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

Skill doesn't matter. Specials matter, ensnare a green/low blue and run around if you want to practice the skill for some obscene reason, but your damage as a ranger with a bow in the high, even mid, game, will NOT be coming from standard shots. It will come from specials. To wit, I'm at the point as a mid level predator where I have so many special knife/dagger attacks that any standard melee that happens during a fight is incidental. I can hit for 80 - 100 on a special (HO ambush, for instance, after an 80dmg standard Shadow Blade to open). I MELEE hit for 2 - 3hp's. Which is slightly less than Po-diddly in relation to my ACTUAL Dps. the "weapon skill" based damage that happens between your specials is really nothing.

Just my uninformed oppinion. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Darkness-x Guest

Its nice to hear that some who is doing those huge hits like 80-100 is only doing 2-3 normal damage. Most of the time i only do 2-3 damage at lvl 8 and was wondering how lvl 15's and such do 100dmg. I guess it will come with shadowblade and some of the other skills when i get a few lvls. Again tho, it is very nice to here this =D Sorry i couldn't help on the bow topic but i felt inclined to post...
  4. ARCHIVED-Kehoe Guest

hehe.. im lvl 19 now and the obscene reason i practice it is simply cus the skill level "Ranged" aint at par with my melee skills atm :)

and yea, Specials is what give's the damage, with the expnsive arrows you do quite a good deal of damage already :) still not as sweet as the Melee specials.. but it will come, it will :)

just annoying that the bow is so slow, not that i run around shooting single's :)
  5. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

I've had melee hits well into the 100+ range with Sneak + Shadow Blade with all my special stacks from items, etc. I also frequently do 40+ damage during melee, as I'm currently a level 15 Predator using a special deggar and a pretty cool dual wield whip.

I only use my bow to pull or hit things flying in the air. I think that practicing on targets that you know you could take with melee solo or have a group to help would boost your skill. Then it'll allow for nicer bows and arrows later on. Also at level 14 or 15 you get Back Shot, which allows you to shoot at the back of a target. It allows for some powerful ranged hits.

:)
    Message Edited by ElendenAV on 11-15-2004 02:37 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

I'd like to see some DPS log parses from Melee / Bows at levels 15 - 25ish, get a feel for the progression that occurs in that time frame.