Mushrooms don't have roots in real life.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by The_Real_Wurm, Dec 9, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

So its pretty silly that they do in game.

Please remove the root harvest from the mushrooms.

Thank you.
    Zorash, Tekka and Prissetta like this.
  2. Kethryl Active Member

Since when is Norrath (or the Planes above) representative of real life?

That said, I'm all for removing roots from mushrooms. Plant harvests are important.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

I agree. Remove everything from this game that can't be found in real life. Oh ... wait ... that's almost everything. Never mind.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I knew the AH brigade would chime in with the "It's not real life blah blah blah!"

Instead of just agreeing its a good idea. :rolleyes:
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

The first thing I thought of when I read this was harvesting elephant meat from animal dens. At the time I pondered how it got in there... tiny elephants? predator leavins?

Anyhow, your post brought back a good memory and made me smile, despite the fact it sounds like the current harvesting still needs some tweaks.

Hope it gets looked at soon for you guys!
    Cyrrena, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ferns don't grow on mushrooms either. Neither do Fruit. Fungus do grow on decaying leaves and wood. Therefore, please remove all non-fungus from Mushrooms and add wood. Thank you! -Team Real World
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

According to your logic we should be getting the mushrooms from the wood nodes...
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Don't be so modest. Wood should produce Wood, Mushrooms, Roots, Fruit, and the occasional Squirrel...er...meat. But mostly wood. But that wouldn't be logic, that would be "the real world" talking.

Logically Wood Nodes produce whatever its designed to produce, because its a fictional object in a fantasy game that produces fictional resources used to make fictional items from fictional recipes using some mini-game that mimics "work".
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And to go back to my very valid point, free growing mushrooms do not have roots. mushrooms that grow on trees have no roots. Mushrooms that grow in mist also have no roots.

Mushrooms have no roots, even magical fantasy game ones...
  10. Roadkillusa Active Member

Well I am pretty sure 95% of the mobs and races are not real life beings so .... we have that to remove too.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I leave it up to you to figure out the AH part of my comment above. ;)
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

i am pretty sure that mushrooms do have roots in real life. How else would you get fairy rings in your lawn ;)
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  13. Spindle Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fairy ring suggestion. Those roots are very nifty!
    Gubba Bump and Lateana like this.
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

No, mushrooms do not have roots.

Fairy rings are caused by the dispersal of spores.

This is a maaagical game, and they can do what ever they want.

My interpretation of the OP is that <common> roots are on the mushroom <food> when previously it was just the <rare> roots on the food nodes, and that skews harvesting and makes certain harvests more difficult to get in quantity than they should be.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Bravo my good man, and in trying to make it humorous to read, I brought out the trolls.
    Tekka likes this.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

And since we keep talking about this...fungi don't have roots, but many of them produce Hyphae which is a root like growth in soil, and also referred to as Mycelium when Hyphae grow to become a thick mat.

Also Mushrooms do grow a stalk...storm stalk...never mind.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

Common roots on the food nodes was not done in previous expansions and skews the harvesting aggregate.

Was this intended or not?

If not, please fix.

If so, why was this change made?
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

"Puts on humor hat with aluminum foil"
    It looks like from now on I need to do more than wink to denote a fun post and deter the trolls. Or not :)