Munzok the Corrupted

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Celestia, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Does this guy's head not drop? It's listed on the raid trophy page and I have gone in that zone on three different characters trying to get his body drop, but when I get past the fake guy that has the popped spawn dude, I kill him then the other guy like I'm supposed to, then enter the room with the final boss, and when I kill him there's NO body. And they can be greyed out but the heads will drop, I know because I've been doing it. I kill him, he just disappears into thin air. Nothing, notta.

Someone a long time ago said this zone is bugged, but is it STILL bugged? I want my trophy! :D
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I killed Munzok yesterday (I was hunting altars). The body was there but no trophy and no chest.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I killed him when I was chronomentored down too low so he was a red con, and he didn't drop his head. I went back and killed him while in the green to orange range and he dropped his trophy head.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was mentored so that he was an even con, no chest, no head. I still one-shotted him, which may be breaking a script somewhere.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

I wonder if because we kill him too fast? It's just weird, I've gotten every other trophy I've tried for so far (except Deathtoll just because I don't want to do the quest to complete the zone yet.) Danathar I don't have because I have to do the TSAD quest and I hate it. But this guy's just picky I guess.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Mezaka Active Member

I have also killed this guy at different points over the summer, even mentored to the point where you have to follow the script. He just does not like to drop his head.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

LOL so I mentored to 90 on my dirge of all things, and he finally dropped the head!!! Good thing, was really starting to bug me. :)
    Soara2, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I just killed him at level 90, but making sure that the fight actually began, rather than just one-shotting him. his head was found in the loot chest.
  9. Aethos Well-Known Member

His script is that you're supposed to beat him part way down (I forget how low) and he summons a nightblood to fight you in his stead.

I usually do old raid content by stacking a bunch of self healing and warding gear with low damage because I like having to actually react to scripts (unless it's literally impossible to solo like the pre-Anashti boss in POA which you need a second player to break you out of the ice), in which case I just put my gear on and oneshot it.

In Munzok's case, I have had the nightblood spawn despite oneshotting him before, but if you're having issues, I'd recommend not oneshotting him.

The first fight with him isn't the actual Munzok fight, it's the nightblood fight. Supposed to fight Munzok, who retreats, then fight and defeat the nightblood, then go through the portal and fight Munzok for realsies, which would be the one that drops the head and loot.

However, if I remember correctly, there is a particular spot in the room where his chest drops. It doesn't drop where he dies. If I'm remembering right, this was due to his tendency to throw players during his fight into unreachable areas and then himself potentially be killed there, making the loot inaccessible.
    Hartsmith likes this.