Multiboxing allowed?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bored-Amen, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bored-Amen New Member

Considering coming back to the game but want to multibox on a TLP probably. Is it allowed?
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

As long as you control the characters without additional SW then yes. Said another way, Boxing is fine, botting is not.
    WhysperWynde, Dude and Finora like this.
  3. Bored-Amen New Member

Naw, wanted to use with isboxer and 6 box content. I still have to press a button for every action and the toons do NOTHING automated, I guess that isn't allowed though?
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

Nope, against the EULA.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I haven't read through the EQ2 EULA but Daybreak largely turns a blind eye to I S Boxer (without mods) on EQ1.

I think I S Boxer has been more limited on EQ2 because of game design (character power requirements for Heroics and Raids = time or money) and computer processing requirements (EQ2 6-boxing would be much more demanding on a PC than WoW or EQ1 6-boxing; maybe you can somehow use stick figures, not sure).

The argument on EQ1 and other games is that boxing (even with third-party software) provides additional revenue. Some players can burn a ton of Krono with their armies (on box TLP or Live).
  6. Rotchi Active Member

People have been using ISBoxer for 10 years without getting banned, so you are fine.
    WhysperWynde and Erudinel like this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

People have been using ISBoxer for years, but because it is technically banned in the EULA DB could ban with cause at any time they wish. Any account involved is at risk. I often wonder if a raid mate of mine got caught by the ban hammer, because he was here one raid and gone the next. Then again, he could be a salty bastard and may have just quit without warning, too.
    parissa, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On the last PVP server, they were scanning for software on your computer and unrelentingly ban-hammering people.

One of my friends was four towns over on a church-related activity when her son, wanting help in PVP, got into her computer and added some automation tools. Despite proving via receipts and other evidence that she was nowhere near her computer when this happened, they still permabanned her account because she should have controlled her minor child's access somehow (teenagers, can't live with them, can't avoid going to jail if you succumb to outrage and kill them for reals).

Of course, she was able to create a new account, but she lost all her leveled toons, their raid gear, their Master/GM/Celestial spells, all her decorated homes, etc. That has to hurt!

You could just hope they won't start scanning for this software on Live or non-PVP TLE servers. But then you have to be absolutely sure that you don't tell ANYONE in game what you are doing, or make it provable via in-game methods that you are using such software, because if someone decides to report you for it, you're toast. There will always be a risk of being banned or Drundered.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I S Boxer is largely OK with Daybreak (but this is subject to change at any time and human error). Any automation or mods (even as benign as autofire) are unequivocally bannable offenses.

This is the official word on third party software from a couple of years ago:

Roxxlyy (Former Community Manager):
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/regarding-third-party-cheat-programs.250451/
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  10. parissa Well-Known Member

If I was you... I would not listen to anyone who says its okay to use a 3rd party site that is NOT a dev or cs... I would PM dreamweaver and just ask him directly... He is gonna know more than any player on this forum... Or hop on discord and ask Kander
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and Wulfgyr like this.
  11. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Based on the OP using the term "TLP", he probably already uses I S Boxer on WoW or EQ1 (which is largely untouched on Live and approved TLPs). WoW is supposedly now banning that software so we will see refugees on EQ1 and EQ2. I don't really see any game-changing advantage of I S Boxer on EQ2 than the other MMORPGs.

Daybreak staff cannot explicitly endorse third party programs (like the fairly benign GINA). At least the uncommon I S Boxer gameplay on EQ1 gives cover to users here.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

You are not a dev... you do not work for daybreak... and this is not eq1 or wow... even though you love to continously drag eq1 into these forums... suggesting that he get a confirmation from someone who works for daybreak is the best advice.... and if he gets banned for taking your advice... they should ban you too for giving it... as for what daybreak staff can or cannot do, you do not know that... you try to act like you know all them personally and that is how false info gets out... I am gonna tell you the same thing that you tell everyone else... ignore me... you contradict everyone and then cry wolf... I prefer you don't reply to me with your know it all BS... there was no reason to respond to what I said at all... thank you... disregard spelling errs I am on my phone... and to the op I hope you get an honest answer to your question from dev before this one gets derailed
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There are way more threads on third party software on the EQ1 forums. (This is likely not a common subject on the EQ2 forums because of game design and processing limits). Daybreak's policy on the subject has been consistent: they will not explicitly endorse/approve any third party program (even GINA, IS Boxer). There has not been nor will there be an official answer other than the parameters set forth by Roxxlyy a few years ago (barring policy shift). I may not be an employee but I have played SOE/Daybreak's EQ1, EQ2, and Planetside 2 for their lifespan. If people here don't want to pick my brain, that's fine.

Edit: It is probable that they cannot give an official endorsement even through a third party program enhances game experience because code is changeable (turning benign to malicious in an update). So yes, theoretically, GINA, IS Boxer, and parsers can earn you a ban if those programs "go bad" (a cheat/advantage).
  14. parissa Well-Known Member

Alot of us were standing in WC tunnels selling goods in 99... you aren't special... No one was picking your brains... You just like to cut and paste crap off the internet to try and look smart... Most of us know what the programs can and can't do... That wasn't the question... As usual here's the derail you are so infamously known for.... Have a good night little man.... We are done with this conversation... I'll even let you have the last word... I am sure you will have some crazy response put in by midnight since you can't resist... :rolleyes:
    Teletrium, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EC Tunnel*

If my post felt directed at you personally, then you have my apologies. Otherwise, my intent was to inform. (I may have a forthright and substance-heavy approach). From my years of experience (whether it be on EQ1, EQ2, or Planetside), the OP would more than likely not get an answer, get discouraged, and move on to another game.

If IS Boxer is truly against the rules, a lot of us would have heard about mass bans on EQ1 (12 Live Servers, Rizlona and Phinigel TLP).

It's the holidays. I'm here to spread useful information not negativity. Good luck.
  16. SynnikuL Active Member

EQ2 Maps is a 3rd party site. Wiki is a 3rd party site. EQ2 Traders is a 3rd party site. I could go on. So I would say you're probably not the best one to listen to.

Multiboxing is fine, even with ISBoxer because it's one key that equals one action (even though it might be sent to multiple clients). It's still one keypress=one action which EQ2 has allowed for years. WoW had this same policy for years as well but JUST changed it, updated their terms of service, notified the community and began issuing warnings.

As someone mentioned, you will never see Daybreak explicitly say "ISBoxer is allowed" because they never know when 3rd party software might change and be against their policy. But ISBoxer doesn't even have the capability to "bot" as it is now, and their Dev keeps it that way.
  17. Smashey Well-Known Member

Jesus this discussion again. Well, lets look at the actual facts.

OGRE and ISboxer have been used for at least a decade with zero bans happening and several of the devs have used the software too because its convenient.

So yes, bot and cheat all you want, people have been doing it for at least ten years with zero bans with the two previous mentioned pieces of software. If they wanted to stop people for using the two most used bots in eq2 it wouldn't even take them a week to ban it from running while eq2 is running. Would cost them $5 and a month to add a md5 checksum and update it once in a while.

Even comparing eq2 maps to any other software is pretty dumb too. Sorry, but it is.
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I think you are conflating multi-boxing software/interface with automation (botting). There is a very significant distinction between the two. One is passed over, the other has invoked suspensions and bans.

I have not heard of OGRE but I S Boxer does not cheat (automate, warp, track, hack, dupe). (It's possible someone could find or craft a mod to I S Boxer). You are probably thinking of the software that starts with the letter M. The software that starts with M is 100% bannable. You won't find anyone on this forum to defend that program.

Edit: The fact that some software and their capabilities are unknown to me and you goes to show how the devs cannot approve/endorse any third party software even though it's benign and beneficial (e.g. I S Boxer, Gamparse, GINA).
    SynnikuL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.