Multi-boxer, you better becareful.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxee, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voleur Member

That affects the LCD display on the G15 keyboards - not the macro's. What isn't, apparently, allowed are the macro's, any other function of a keyboard is fine.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Just curious. but why would you use a G15 if not for the macros?
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

depends on your viewpoint i suppose. a G15 isn't any less a keyboard then any other keyboard on the market.

some like extra do-dads, some prefer basic functions and some like wireless keyboards.
  4. Annie New Member

I use it for the screen which I usually set to display ACT data (like DPS bars or spell timers) which I prefer to have off of my main screen or for ventrillo info as I'm rubbish at recognising voices!

I know the keyboard does more but haven't played around with macros because I like *playing* the game /shrug
  5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

No it wasn't. What a ridiculous statement. :>
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

I actually been playing since 2004 I quit during skyshrine sold 22 geared accounts for $400-$500 each skipped COE came back Nov when tov released and went from 1toon to19 in 1 month making over 50k-90k plat a day no lower than 50 took all my plats when kronos were 600p kept buying til Freeport prices went to 3000p then transferred toons to all other servers with hundreds of thousands of plats bought all there cheap kronos until there prices sky rocketed I had maybe over 5000 kronos I sold at $8-$10 each. Good times now days the game is dead and not worth botting.just to pass the time maybe but not to make money anymore when I heard Sony sell nailed the final nail in the coffin and I straight up quit
  7. Gaealiege Active Member

I can understand your anger, but killing an avatar in front of a raid guild likely wasn't the smartest move on your part. Doing what you do in your own raid instances would almost certainly be fine, however killing contested raid mobs with a program....well that's going to put up a red flag.
    Juraiya and Livejazz like this.
  8. Gaealiege Active Member

Yes. Earning 40,000 platinum from several hours of raid named and trash drops is rather easy. Flurry and doublecast cloaks/belts are usually going for 5k+. Any adorn that drops sells for 6k+ on the broker within minutes. Armor and jewelry usually goes for 2k+. Assuming you get 1 adorn, 2 cloak/belts, and just kill two named in High Hold, you're going to have spent maybe 25 minutes and gained 25k at a minimum.
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. syberghost New Member

This is bizarre. I can't think of another MMO that doesn't make a point of clarifying that as long as you have to push a button to make each client push a button, it's fine. I know devs who multibox. It's only a problem when your software starts reacting to things or repeating them.

This is shocking to me.
    Malleria likes this.
  10. Losadunai Active Member

It's a good thing for the game overall then, you leaving. Speaking of which, since you say you have quit, WHY are you here showing your derriere?

Ok that makes sense too. Reminds me - off topic - why so much str sta wis gear in the portals and only a couple INT drops? >.< but again, off topic, pay no mind to the chick behind the curtain.
  11. Afista Well-Known Member

Innerspace (which can then enable additional files - such as ISX or Ogrebot) has always been prohibited according to the EULA.

Be honest, these programs don't just allow users to split screens or combine keystrokes for multiboxers. The programs have options to completely automate AFK game play (for adventuring and crafting), and do not require additional input/assistance from a player while running. If you pay to have access to these programs, then what's stopping your from using all of the features?

Do game companies actively spend time/money seeking out players that are using there programs? Probably not. But, don't be surprised when players using these programs are suspended after drawing attention to themselves with blatant botting actions that impact other players game play.
    Gaealiege, Vainamoinen and Corydonn like this.
  12. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

Won't happen botting will never end in eq2 unless the game sunsets. Fact
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

Does your name on AB start with an S? If so I remember you, buying all the 600 kronos. You said it was for your family to use when EQNext came out.

What I don't get is how you were able to sell a Krono for money. Are you a Chinese gold farmer? Do you know those guys who have been spamming the chat channels lately, selling plat and Kronos? Or is that you?
  14. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

This thread makes me sad. So many people willing to jump all over SOE/Daybreak for trying to run a game when there are quite a few people out there willing to bend the rules or condone those doing so. Some are even willing to stroke their own egos for cheating which really baffles me. Cheating isn't hard nor is it an accomplishment.
  15. Maxee New Member

I'm not angry, but what you stated is exactly why I am frustrated. I've competed in the past for big contested mobs like this with other guilds. I've had gm approached me because other guilds complained. But never once was I suspended for it. They knew that the author of the botting program disabled all the features in these big contested zone, and everything I was doing took manual action and was allowed. Obviously there's a policy shift once SOE was sold, and Daybreak is enforcing its rules against botters. Unfortunately, people like me are being caught in the crossfire.

Also another observation I've made is that prior to acquisition of SOE, I would have a GM approache me and initiate conversation with me if they suspect me of doing something illegal. Although I've never been suspended before, when i got suspended recently, no GM even bother approaching me prior to suspension.
  16. Maxee New Member

Eq2 is the only game I know that allowed no drop items to be assigned to an individual without said individual participating in the encounter. Although slr might have not been the dev's original intent, it deffinently had a helping hand in creating the SLR system that we have now.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

But can they DB prove that he uses botting option. If there is no way then you can't just assume he does.
  18. Maxee New Member

They can't. Anyone who bothered to do a 10 minute research would know that the automation extension of inner space is disabled in arena of the God and Precipes of Power. Hell I can even record a video of me executing over 25 unique key actions that send unique key execution to all my clients. But they don't care about that.

This is guilt by association at best.
    Kraeref likes this.
  19. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

You can bypass the limitations of that and the crafting if your smart /wink
  20. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Didn't you have accounts banned before for doing this crap in Fabled SoS? Just sayin.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.