Multi-boxer, you better becareful.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxee, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pothole New Member

Spock!

You can test this hypothesis. Go pull an Avatar in front of the guild that spawns it. Its contested. So you have the ability to contest. I don't need a magic 8 ball to know what will happen when you do. You will have an extremely displeased raid guild as an audience. Perhaps a gentleman with other initials in from of his name may come to applaud your efforts.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I box, I do not bot. The way I do it is with in-game macros and two monitors on a single computer and moving my mouse between screens. That is what boxing is.

Botting is using a program to automate boxing. Such as an AI program or keystroke replicators.

However, the use of a G15 keyboard is allowed because you can enable its features via the in-game options menu.
  3. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

Nope there has been people banned for Using g15s cause you can program them to do multiple commands with 1 button push which is a eq2 no no.
  4. Maxee New Member

I think the bottom line is, just be careful with what you do. Things I've done in the past using the same setup as I do now used to be deemed permissible with GMs I've conversed with in past experience no longer hold true. Unfortunately, the massive shift in policy now conflicts with my game play style, and thus an end to a long journey.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

Good...glad to see they've finally put their foot down on this behavior.
  6. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

Nah not really
  7. Strac Active Member

Without the "boxers" this game would collapse ? if you're the normal joe schmoe with 2-3 accounts and using a toon to powerlevel an another or run easymode heroic content, you're not really doing any harm.Personally i have 1 account just to make possible accusations of hypocrism void.

In current content, you can easily kill raid trash and a handful nameds with a x2 and enough time, and making 20-40k platinum in a 4-5hours session. With that platinum, you can buy 7-20 Krono depending on current price ( 2-3k on most servers at this point). You do this a couple days and you got all your 12 accounts subbed without giving DB a single penny. Unless you boxers are trying to imply that you actually buy Kronos for real cash to sub your accounts ? or buy Kronos and sell for plat ? spend SC on each account for some fancy homes and deco ? yeah i didn't think so either.

And if you don't see how this entire one-man-army boxing thing is not affecting server economies, and significantly giving the botter a cutting edge over anyone not doing it, then you are vastly delusional.

Anyway i'm happy if Daybreak/SoE finally starts to enforce their own EULA
    Juraiya and Losadunai like this.
  8. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

Someone buys the kronos they don't appear out of the thin air lol
  9. Losadunai Active Member

Wow, you are a peach of a prize specimen, aren't you?

Anyhooooo..

This thread answered a question that has been nagging me lately. (New player as of December so I don't have all the quirks worked out Yet).

I've been seeing people SLR on my servers loot channel, and that was one thing- but lately there's been a spate of SLR raid auctions happening- and I've been asking myself "if it's a raid, doesn't... Someone... anyone? from the raid want any of that gear?? They have no problem with one person selling it off?"

Ok I get it now. Those are people with a whole raids worth of accounts (wow... just wow).

I used to two box EQ all the time, but it was entirely manual, on two systems. I can't even begin to see how having 24 (or even 6) accounts running at once is in any way fun OR fair, or the purpose of it, aside from what the above poster mentioned - selling stuff to get plat to sell that plat for real world cash which- is against ToS too, isn't it?

Well, whatever. So far it doesn't impact me. If the game sinks because people with a zillion botted accounts get their panties in a ruffle, then that says a heck of a lot for the lack of real people in the game. Hope it doesn't go down that way - but if it does,l then what's the point anyway?
    Juraiya likes this.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Actually it wasn't when he started...on the Bazaar server. Bazaar (and its' PvP counterpart the name of I cannot recall offhand) were an experiment where you were actually allowed to sell things for $$. That ended when F2P went live, Bazaar was merged with Freeport, and Freeport got the "priviledge" of either playing whack-a-mole with ignoring Gixx and all his alts or listening to his drivel in general chat.
    Gaealiege, Voleur and Losadunai like this.
  11. Corydonn Well-Known Member

I'd say someone is buying the kronos but... With from what I'm hearing, Antonia Bayle is hugely affected by dupes. I heard they got most of the dupers a few days ago but I've heard that crafting Masters/GMs and buying Ancients has been extremely cheap since they've been duped to hell and back. I imagine the same has happened with Kronos again.

I had to snicker a bit when I saw a post about EU servers complaining about Master/GM drop rates and then hearing just a day before that post how easy and cheap it was to buy them for an entire bot force on AB.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The plat spammers that were plaguing the chat channels for a while were advertising krono for $7. Think about that. Daybreak sells krono for $18. The spammers are not giving the things away, they're making a profit at $7. How? Either stealing from hacked accounts or duping them. Probably the 2nd option.

Edit: Option #3 is buying krono with stolen credit cards, but doubt that happens now. Used to, and SoE was pretty good about removing those from the game...and sometimes swatting innocent buyers, because it seems they can track individual krono, so they know who bought and resold them.
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

You can earn forty thousand plat in 5 hours with just two accounts? really?

Kronos have been jacked up to 4.5 to 5k on AB server, in the last few weeks, since the gold sellers started spamming. Before that, they were 3.5 to 3.8k, maybe 3k if you were very lucky. They haven't been 2k for over a year.
    Juraiya likes this.
  14. Awkk Well-Known Member

I didn't get an answer to my question yet. 200k dollars or 200k plat? If dollars, impressive. If plat, not so much. According to Strac, 2 accounts can make that much in a couple of days.
  15. Uncle Active Member

the same site ppl are chatting about has also started selling cores of the fanatinc( level 100 raid green adrons ) for 35 bucks after a fast look see today on there site that's seems troublesome to me
  16. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

Sure wasn't plat I've had millions of plats
  17. Pothole New Member

A pug can run raid zone trash for greens n cloaks and charms. There really is no trick. Its just a time sink. Well worth it if you have the intestinal fortitude for it.

Raid guilds and pugs have routinely been slr recently. Not really a conspiracy.
  18. Strac Active Member

Might want to read properly, i said : In current content, you can easily kill raid trash and a handful nameds with a x2 and enough time

a x2 is a raid of 12 people. that'd be 12 accounts not 2.

And the servers i checked recently had krono prices of 2-3k pp. If they're up to 5k on AB some of the server hopers must have been slacking lately.

And to nergalisafreeportscrub , what do you think who buys the krono for RL money. the botter who makes thousands of plat without sharing it with anyone else in the raidforce because of, you know, being a self absorbed swine using 3d party software to rule a one-man army ? Or the ordinary gamer trying to get hands on a few thousand plat to buy some items ?
    Yeah no wonder all the botters come out of the bush to post here and say the world would end without them. Theirs would.

And it's beyond me why Feldon would condone botting behaviour, i considered you a integer gamer.
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Voleur Member

Actually, just to clarify - its not always botters SLR'ing raid gear. Guilds do it fairly often - there are, for example, only so many Plate wearers in a raiding guild. That guild gets a billion plate drops because RNG hates their scouts, mages and leather wearers, so they SLR the plate after awhile for guild plat splits.

Just to agree with, and add to this - you can kill current tier raid trash with one group, even.
    Even with my pretty terrible gear - I did this tonight with a group of friends. Granted, they have gear. xD
    Losadunai likes this.
  20. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Then why is it still an option in EQ2?
    Options/User Interface/ Logitech G15 Keyboard/Enable
    Options/User Interface/ Logitech G15 Keyboard/G15 Update Delay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.