Multi-boxer, you better becareful.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxee, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxee New Member

Because in the eyes of Daybreak, you are as bad as the botters. After over a decade of multi-boxing and using Isboxer, I was finally given a suspension recently for multi-boxing. For those of you that don't know what Isboxer is, it's a keyclone/broadcast software that makes multi-boxing much more convenient. Isboxer software does not facilitate automation and is allowed to be use on numerous MMO games.

I am not sure if this is a shift in policy with Daybreak's aquisition of SOE, or if I've fallen victim to a selective enforcement. In either case, I just don't feel safe multi-boxing anymore playing any of Daybreak's game. Anyway, here is the e-mail I've received from CS.

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (SOE Customer Service)
    Hello again,

I realize you're unhappy about the action that has been taken, however we are confident in our findings in this case and the suspension will remain in place for the intended duration. If you wish to multi-box, you will need to manually input commands into each client one by one without the help of any 3rd party software.

Regards,
    Lead GM
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC
    suka and Corydonn like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

If post like these keep coming up I may very well send DB brownies. Right on.
    Fistpower, Juraiya, suka and 6 others like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I think it is the fact that you are using a third party program to do what most the multi boxers in this game do manually. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but that has been a long time rule. Hope it's not for too long.
    Juraiya, suka, Zgragy and 5 others like this.
  4. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Sounds like a legit suspension to me. 3rd party software running your accounts has always been frowned upon, just most aren't dumb enough to come post on the forums and rat themselves out about it LMAO. Good Job.
    Juraiya, Taysa, Wanderingbat and 4 others like this.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Daybreak already figured out he was using it (thus the suspension). He is simply warning others who may use it that its' use is no longer being ingnored.
    Wirewhisker, Lateana, Zgragy and 3 others like this.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

This post from Afista a little while back might help clarify things a bit SLR Bots.
  7. Maxee New Member

Numberous TSR has came out in the past stating that the use of broadcasting software is allowed as long as it does not facilitate automation. However, this no longer holds true and unfortunately, after a decade and a half I will not be returning. I am just waiting for the suspension to lift so I can log into my account and remove my CC.

Sadly there are already few true multi-boxers as is and what you'll eventually have left are botters. The keyword of difference between boxers and botters is automation. The program I am using Isboxer, does not have any automation features. Unfortunately, most people do not bother to research and differentiate between the two or they simply do not care and tend to lump them in as one villainous group.

To quote Afista post.

The EULA is currently being updated (due to the company name change), but the terms are still stated as such:
    9. You may not use any software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between client and server and you may not use, post, host or distribute macros, "bots" or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play. ...

8. Phyg New Member

How did they know you are multiboxing?
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

What you are doing is using a 3rd party software to run other toons for you. It is considered by EVERYONE in the industry as boting. Don't get ******** because you got caught.
  10. StoneLegion Active Member

I know I will get hate for this. But about damn time. Multiboxing is disgusting to me. It has actually ruined a lot of older MMO's and caused unbalancing and issues related to it. Maybe not so bad in EQ2 but still it's about playing the damn game one character at a time not 10 or 100!
    Karsa, Wanderingbat and Gorjuss like this.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

So much hate and ignorance in this thread. Sorry OP - you didn't deserve a suspension. At least it sounds like you can keep playing after your account(s?) are unlocked again. Odds are you can just continue doing as you were, cause they won't follow up.
    Mindsway and Gaealiege like this.
  12. StoneLegion Active Member

So using third party programs for automation is acceptable? Free speech is fine but advocating breaking the ToS sounds like more people need a lesson :)
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

I thought ISBoxer was a botting program and always has been. You open the clients up through the ISBoxer client and basically one key press can make all your toons do something.

That to me is automation.
    Juraiya, suka, Losadunai and 3 others like this.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's not automation though. You're thinking of other programs. This is exactly what I mean when I say people are ignorant.
    Mindsway and Kraeref like this.
  15. StoneLegion Active Member

Correct. The idea is your Default Windows setup you press a key stroke and it does something in the current and focused window... This program pretty much allows you to do this to none focused windows. This is considered using a third party program to cheat the system. I also consider it automation as your automating the work of 6 clicks to 1 if you were running 6 clients.

It's against the ToS it always has. Sony just never did anything about it. You guys got away with it had a free pass and now your being spanked for it.. You were not perm banned and that would be the normal punishment for cheating. I think their being fair by making a good example out of people.
    Zgragy and Moonpanther like this.
  16. StoneLegion Active Member

the technique, method, or system of operating or controlling a processby highly automatic means, as by electronic devices, reducing humanintervention to a minimum.
  17. Shurrikan Member

This thread makes my duty watch bearable. Thank you for actually doing something about this.
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

And from your own link:
    having the capability of starting, operating, moving, etc.,independently:
    Nothing happens independently. ISBoxer requires human interaction for every single action. Thus not automation.
  19. StoneLegion Active Member

The definition falls under many areas and examples. If you do one action and you want to do all those actions 10 times you call it what illiterate where your from?
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

You're talking about replication, or the sending of the signal to multiple receivers at once (or repetition, since you worded it quite poorly, but I take it as a given you're meaning simultaneously). That's very different from automation. Every action being taken is being initiated and controlled by the action of a human. That that action request is being sent to more than one receiver at the same time does not make it automation. It's no different really than addressing a crowd of people at once rather than talking to each person individually.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.