Moving/Transferring Stacked Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cassta, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

@Kaitheel, I am hoping you will read this and make some recommendations to the team. I believe you will fully understand the issue. If I am posting in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it or tell me to put it somewhere else. :oops:

I know I am not the only decorator who, at times, buys items in bulk. This tends to happen when I have an idea and will not be able to finish it before the item is no longer available. It would be helpful to take stacked items and put them directly into a moving crate vs. having to place each item individually and pack it all up. When you have a stack of, say, 50-100 snowflake ornaments it takes forever to place all of them. Although not a programmer, I think the technical aspect should not be extremely difficult. It is basically the same thing as filling a backpack/strong box and moving the items into a new one. We fill a pack/box with items, open the moving crate and move the pack/box from our inventory into the moving crate.

Changing this would save me a great deal of time. This extra time would be a bonus for Daybreak/Darkpaw, as it will allow me to spend more time and money in the Marketplace. :D
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

I'm really sad I have received only 1 like and no comments. Perhaps I was wrong and am the only one who would like to see this become available. I really would appreciate some feedback, be it good or bad. Thanks.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

Something like this would be very useful, especially if it worked in dungeons. Maybe they could add something that lets you start to place an item as usual but places all of that item in your inventory at the spot you put the first one.

You should submit it as /feedback in game. They used to have a forum or website for bugs and feedback, but that might not be around anymore. Or I'm confusing it with some other game. But there is /feedback.

Something that would also cut down on the need to hoard is making holiday and event merchants available somewhere all year. You could only get the tokens during the event, but you could buy the items later as you need them.
  4. Mugwort Active Member

I personally would like to see an expansion of the housing vault, as an alternative, instead of the ability to place stacks directly from a backpack into a moving crate.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, in addition to as an option. :)

But omg, I am SO in agreement with y'all (moving stacks at a time FTW! Yes!!), especially, perhaps, with Lera's idea: let us get this stuff all year round (we don't even have that ability on Test... :-/)! Get the tokens during the event only, yeah, but like with the Frostfell Crafting Stations (thank you, thank you, thank you, o devs!), it probably wouldn't destroy the game forever or the "spirit" of the various holidays. ;->

Uwk
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I know I have /feedback this a few times and I think there was a request in that bug and feedback app that was outside the game that I voted for. I think there are old threads about this as well somewhere. I don't get to forums as often as I should. That dang virus is kicking my butt again last few days.

I would love it if the house vault would get expanded in addition to the placing stacks into moving crate, placing on floor (in house, guild hall and dungeon), etc. Especially since it hasn't received more space since we were allowed to own more than one house. Maybe even add 4 more slots in shared bank as well while they are at it. We got so many alt-o-holics out there.

I love the idea about a year round holiday merchant that you can only buy stuff with currency you earn during the event. I know I have /feedback this a few times too cuz I be crazy like that. I am sure half the /feedback the devs have received so far are from me. :rolleyes:
  7. Cassta Well-Known Member

First, thank you Lera for your response and ideas. I will double check the forums and if there is a feedback one, I will post it there. I never thought of the game feedback, but it does seem to qualify based on the rules for /feedback. Thank you, I will do it. I like your idea of placing an item with the option of placing the entire stack. It would serve the same purpose I am seeking and may be easier from the technical aspect. I think your other idea would be easy to achieve. I have a few Frostfell tokens left and the merchant still shows up for me. This is the only holiday I have noticed this happening with. It should be easy to do the same with the other holidays.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Mugwort. Absolutely yes to your idea! I definitely support it. I think it would be easy to have two different vault expander options; the current one and one adding more slots. Actually your idea is better and I believe easier then mine to accomplish. I am going to /feedback it in game. Thanks!
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank Uwkete for the reply. You are great! LOVE the "in addition to" idea. I figured you would be one to agree about moving stacks. Lera's idea about the merchants would really solve a big part of the problem for me. I bought 100 of the tribute Ratongas because I was inspired for a new project. However, I don't know how long the project will take me because it will take me forever just to place the 100. I never thought I would say this but dang them for letting us buy in bulk. LOL
  10. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you for the ideas Ocarinah. OMG I am so sorry to hear you have the virus. Please take care of yourself. BTW, you nailed me...alt-o-holic here! Hmm, maybe not, maybe more of a hoarder. :oops: I am glad to know you have already sent in /feedback requests for this. Hopefully adding mine to it will get someone's attention. Maybe EVERYONE here can do a game /feedback about it and we will increase our chance of success. Just a thought to everyone out there.;)
  11. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Many of us have been asking for this, and/or a furniture depot much like the scroll, food, harvests ect. I am positive no one is trying to ignore your idea, it's just that we've almost ALL asked for this for over a decade. I even animated a box after I animated a wardrobe on the old forums lol.

We would ALL love this or something like this to happen, none of us want carpel tunnel from decorating or storing stuff in a video game...and even I have stopped playing for a while at times after placing tiles in a home for storage because my wrist was getting bothered. I can't risk damage to my hand or wrist when I am an author and artist, I kinda need those. We all do.
  12. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon Oaky, thank you again for helping me, moving the Avatar tree and making a video to teach too.
  13. Cassta Well-Known Member

I really like the furniture depot idea. I did put in a /feedback request for this. I have been told the more people who "like" the original post, the more it shows up on their radar. I read in the forums using the /feedback function in game also gets attention b/c the forums are not always followed. Thank you for your input and for being the torch bearer for so long.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They have, on occasion, actually read the Wishlists; we've gotten quite a few things made and/or changed as a result. :)

Uwk
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

Very true Uwk. I should check the wishlists. I will add it if not there or if an old request. Thanks! You are always so practical with useful ideas. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Here, yeah; you should see me in RL... :D

You're welcome! :)

Uwk
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

ROFL
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.