Fixed Internally Moving crate keeps returning to original location after summon_movingcrate used

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daryx, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Daryx Well-Known Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Items
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Sometimes Happens

Zone: Ardagh Chalice's Guild Hall
    Character: Level 125 Conjuror

Summary: Moving crate keeps returning to original location in guild hall
    Description: I used the new summon_movingcrate command yesterday afternoon in our guild hall, and logged out. When I logged back in and entered the hall later, the crate was back in the original position.

No one else in the guild has used the command (only one person played yesterday besides me). I tested it again last night before I logged out, moving the crate to a different location. Now I just logged in again and it is back in the original location.

Is this intended? I noticed that when logging out and back in within a few minutes the crate stayed in the NEW location. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of time.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

It's most likely porting back to the default location when the instance spins down. There's not much reason to make it stay where you summoned it to, though, since the summoning bit works.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Bunji Developer

I'll take a look, probably missed a DB save after the move.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Denmum Developer

It wasn't intended, and is being looked at. In the meantime, if you want to be sure it stays in the new location, move it a tiny smidge after you summon it, and it should stay.
    Breanna, Twyla and Taled like this.