Movement Bug when using AoE

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Equinox231, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Equinox231 Guest

I am experiencing a weird bug. If I finish an encounter by using an AoE spell (regardless of type), my movement is restricted following the encounter. My character looks like it is running, but movement and flight speed are half of what they are supposed to be. The only cure seems to be using any ability, including dismounting. This seems to happen when I am in an outdoor zone, or any zone where I am allowed to be mounted, as it does not seem to occur when I am in an instance. This issue began about 4 patches ago for no particular reason.
    I am seeing no debuff on me when this ocurrs, and it seems to happen regardless of zone, spell, or target. I have /bug reported it twice, with no response. I'd really like to get some information about this issue, see if it will be solved any time soon.

Another bug I am experiencing that started with the October 9th patch is that when I use the Legends of Norrath interface in-game, there is no sound of any kind, no music, no click sounds, nothing. I have adjusted all the sound settings within the LoN interface, and no change. If I use the LoN program outside of EQ2, sound is normal. This is not a major issue, but it is perplexing.

Thanks in advance for help and information.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Equinox231 wrote:
    I'd recommend submitting a bug report about your spell issue. As for your ui issues, follow the instructions below to possibly fix your issue.

You may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:
    <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    <StationName>_characters.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
  3. ARCHIVED-Equinox231 Guest

I had submitted 2 bug reports prior to posting this issue to the forum. I am now up to my 4th bug report about this movement issue, with no comment and no solution. I'd really like to know what's going on as soon as possible, this is becoming an extremely annoying issue.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Equinox231 wrote:
    Have you submitted a ticket to the GM's? Perhaps they can log into the account and figure out what's going on. If you did, please PM me your ticket reference number so I can check the status of it!