moved chars and houses didnt go with them

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Contessia, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Contessia Active Member

hi, i don't like to complain but I'm hoping someone has an idea,
    i have moved chars from sf to ab before ,, (3x) and had no issues,,
    so i decided to move a couple more,, my oldest and dearest, both had a lot of homes, and items you cant get anymore etc,,
    well ok one got hung up because of apprentices in her homes that cant be removed by player,, so i went ahead and moved another biggie ( biggie to me)
    she came over with NO homes ,, none ,, and all the things in them gone of course,,,, she has some portals in her bags to prove she had homes,, but ,, that's it

and the other , was able to move at last, but no homes as well,, and i don't have portals in her bags since her links were to the first that i moved,, so now ,, whats left to do besides cry?
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sometimes houses lag behind on a move. If they haven't shown up by Monday, file a petition. If you have saved layouts, that seems to speed up the process of getting your houses back.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

petition is the way to go, houses bug horribly in recent years, I've heard others complained and also had it happen to me twice. Both times GM answering petition restored my houses and all items in them from either their logs or my layout files that I attached to petition. Only thing they dind't return was the contents of the depots that were in the houses
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 5 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! That last is very good to know; thanks for the warning! :-/

Uwk
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

yeah, I did hear long before any moves I made that it's best to take rares from depots, because depots like to come across empty, so I always pick up those in bags.
    And the most sound advice I can give is pick up any valuables, stick them into bags and bank ( regular bank slots that is, NOT shared bank!!) because those always transfer with character.
    Problem starts when you want to transfer items placed in your homes by others, those that you cannot pick up, but want to take with you. Save layouts before moving, with those items placed, that way you can have a record what you had in houses, in case their logs get glitched somehow.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Contessia and 3 others like this.
  6. Contessia Active Member

oh yes i learned all that the hard way,,but for people who haven't done a move this is a good start for them on what to do etc,, and thank you all for replying,,
    at this point homes have been given back but now i will need to be off game quite a bit ( this char had 19 prestige homes) so they can load items back in,, and i will have a lot of homes to redo lol ,, but i'm ok with that,i will miss all the collection items ,, and such,, but looking at the good side at least most things will be back :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Very good; nice to know the Customer Service folks are still on the ball. :)

Uwk
  8. Contessia Active Member

Heres an update on moving chars

they are still working on my homes, and close to being done,,
    and last night i moved a char from sf to ab,, now heres what i did
    i took everything out of her house,, not even a guild door left,, i left loads of bag space,, house vault had some crap books in it,, and ,, house didnt go with her,, so its not items,, and it was just a sprocket house so no big deal i will reclaim
    but i did want to let you all know its not just having a lot of items,, and no she didnt have a depot etc as i said house was empty. just wanted to give an update on moving
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yow. I knew Guild Halls didn't go with, but I'm kind of shocked that ordinary (well, Prestige) houses didn't. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Contessia and Breanna like this.
  10. Contessia Active Member

yay its all done,, thanks for bearing with me,,
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting us know what all is involved these days! If I have to move servers, either voluntarily or in- ("Guess what! We're merging -- er, consolidating again! Isn't that lovely? Hmm? :D"), I now have important knowledge to keep in mind. :)

Grats on your success! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.