Mouse keeps shooting the screen up

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ucala, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

It's a long standing issue that's affected people for a good while now. Unfortunately, I have not come across a fix.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  3. Kheldorm Active Member

Yes, it isn't you. It is a common bug that nobody seems to care to try to squash.
  4. NightlightUK New Member

Happens in WoW too apparently....
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

This has happen in EQ2 since launch and they never bothered to fix it.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Jamiss has been trying to track this one down for ages...it's a tricky one. It happens randomly, across different operating systems, toons, locales, machine types, hardware. There doesn't seem to be a straightforward cause and sadly not an easy answer.

(Jamiss, if you see this comment, is there something we can do to help with the fight? Any data we can contribute to help narrow things down?)
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

My Logitech wireless mouse will do this periodically after a Windows 10 update; not after all updates! So far my HP wireless mouse is behaving. But yeah, it's so random; once or twice during one session then not for months. I do not envy Jamiss a bit trying to figure this one out.

Oh, the Logitech wireless mouse has been flat out stopping working for no reason in any given app. I have to re-boot to get the darn thing working again, which it will for days then kraps out again. Go Figure.
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'm going between an arc/razer and two different computers, it's related to mouselook/run... happens when i hit both buttons most of the time and is mulitple times a session.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

I guess the fix is to buy a new mouse and hope that mouse works
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

The problem is before it has not mattered much, now it seems to happen regularly as I also get hit by wind and I run off the bridge to my death.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

the issue isn't on your end, it's the game.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

well yea I know that much, doesn't mean a new mouse wouldn't fix the issue though
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it won't, but if there's a sexy new mouse you have your eye on and need an excuse to get it... by all means.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

the thing is, the mouse issue is an issue to many people, but not to All people,
    it could be an OS issue, it could be software, could be the mouse.

I know when I played this game many years ago before my break with a much worse computer and much worse mouse that I never had the mouse issue.
  15. Kheldorm Active Member

I think most of us are just so used to it we ignore it. I have a mouse with extra buttons, I just mapped one of them to normal view. Haven't even thought about the bug in years, just deal with it.

And no, it is not your mouse, it is not your driver, it has nothing to do with updates.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  16. Wreakinn Member

Stop spreading misinformation. It's not their mouse. Known bug, happens to everyone.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Wreakinn Member

Wait...you're the op? Why are you debating people who have taken their time to explain to you what the issue is? Unbelievable.
    Conifur, Ceyllynn and Kheldorm like this.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

there is no mis information. I played the game before with a different mouse and didn't have the issue.
    now it's clear the issue is their side, but that doesn't mean you can't fix it yourself.
    their game for some reason feels like you scroll up at random times, it could be the type of mouses, or something else.

since we don't know What causes the issue, we can't say what is mis information and what isn't
  19. Wreakinn Member

Hey no problem. Next time people see you have a question, hopefully they steer clear. People who ask questions and then debate with the people who try to help them.....nothing further. Bye
    Ceyllynn and Kheldorm like this.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

we DO know what the cause is, we've explained it, you choose to ignore it.