Mouse cursor getting stuck in upper right corner

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Lantis, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

ZUES wrote:
    I had this issue with my 4890 which is a DX10.1 card. 11.5 + hotfix drivers fixed the most important part of it.
  2. ARCHIVED-ToRch20003 Guest

This isn't stickly a EQ2 problem. The cursor can get stuck in the upper right corner of the regular desktop if other apps are running windowed. Alt-tab'g fixes it but it's annoying.
  3. ARCHIVED-qranger Guest

just upgrade my computer with New CPU MB and VGA card
    and now I'm having exactly the same problem
    unfortunately my card is ATI 6850, which isn't supported by catalyst 10.11
    and the method mentioned in the tread, turning cursor and trail on and off, doesn't work for me.
    I've tried all the driver from 11.xx to the latest 12.1, no luck.
    the mouse cursor just keep moving to the upper left once it's moved out of the game window.

My new pc set up is
    MB: Asus M5A78L-M
    CPU: AMD Phenom 960T
    VGA: Powercolour ATI 6850

mouse cursor is totally oaky on old set up with MB MSI 770-G45 and NVidia GT240
    both are running Windows 7 64 bit enterprise edition

please look into this problem
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

This is not a game issue, it's a driver issue with your video card. We may be able to make recommendations on driver versions but you stated you've already attempted them. The 10.2's were our first go-to driver set when these issues first cropped up.
  5. ARCHIVED-tunnelassembler Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    Unfortunately being on a Mac (running Win7) I can't go to the latest driver. This "caught over the X" problem only happens with EQ2 running, though.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kamdarn Guest

This is definitely a game/driver issue and why isnt it fixed yet? This is a 2 year old issue and im having it and its EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

Only happens with EQ2 as well. Even when I googled "mouse sticks top right corner" without anything to do with EQ2 or gaming first link shows up is EQ2 forums.
  7. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

Kamdarn wrote:
    And it's a Radeon related driver issue. They (AMD) even issued a specific patch months ago for it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Outlander43 Guest

Happens to me too often.
    I have an HP Pavilion p6267cb.
    INTEL core2 Quad Q8300.
    64bit Windows 7.
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 w/512MB Dedicated.
    I have caught the cursor shaking in the upper right on programs other than EQ2, but it doesn't get stuck like on EQ2.