Mouse cursor getting stuck in upper right corner

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Lantis, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I'll try to reproduce this and get all the info over to development for a fix as soon as possible :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

Still happening even with 11.3 drivers, bleh...
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Haven't had a chance to sit down and give this a really thorough testing, but now that our web services are back up I'll get on that this afternoon.
  4. ARCHIVED-Phurrin Guest

I decided to go back to 11.3 yesterday since I've been playing other games more often lately, and it just happened a few minutes ago, so it's definitely still an issue.
    Also, can't remember if anyone's mentioned this yet.. it happens in both fullscreen and windowed, and when I tried it fullscreen, I couldn't get the cursor free without switching back to windowed.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Is it just 10.11 and prior that have no issues for everyone?
  6. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    For me that's the case. I upgraded my drivers every month since then, and the bug has been present in every new version so far.
  7. ARCHIVED-Phurrin Guest

I jumped directly from 10.11 to 11.2, so I can only confirm it happens with 11.2 and 11.3.
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

With a problem like this I can't guarantee a timely resolution. I've got all this info and our sample driver sets sent up to our QA but I may not hear back from them any time soon. Of course, if and when I do, I will post it right here.
  9. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

This happens to my husband and I as well. I generally just alt tab to desktop for a quick and dirty fix. Of course, with hotbars throwing out spell names instead of properly functioning as well, I'm pretty much used to alt-tabbing and min/maxing my windows at least twice a play session. I'll definitely bookmark this thread!
  10. ARCHIVED-Jeyne Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The same case for me. I upgraded to from 10.10 to 11.3 and have the issue with 10.12 and next drivers ...
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I'm told thorough compatibility testing is being redone on the later ATI drivers but I dont know when I will have more information to provide. When I do receive more information I will be posting it here.
  12. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

With 10.5 drivers and added "amd_catalyst_11.5a_hotfix_8.85.6rc2_win7_may13" package, the mouse doen't get stuck anymore for me. There is still some stickiness going on; it behaves strangely in the upper right corner but there is no problem getting it moved away from there.
    Very strange hotfix though, the package is huge!
  13. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

14. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Having the same problem. It only happens while Everquest 2 is running and when I minimize the game it happens in internet explorer windows also. It is related to Everquest 2 in some way as I've tried it on multiple games and have no issues. I'm surprised to return to this game and find this still happening after SO long...!
  15. ARCHIVED-Veskandar Guest

well it's not really a SOE problem, it's an AMD ATI problem, SOE can't help it that AMD can't program drivers worth a damn
  16. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

We're doing everything we can to be pro-active about issues introduced with certain drivers and so on.
  17. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Layton@Runnyeye wrote:
    They are responsible because it only happens when THEIR game is open. It doesn't happen in Rift or any other game I've recently played.
    I bought a new ATI HD-5750 (it sucks dont buy it) in March. So whatever the default catalyst drivers for that particular model are is the source of your problem. It's just a compatability issue on Sony's end. Please track this down dev team.
    The wierd part though is that when EQ2 is minimized in the tray, this cursor problem happens on the internet sites I visit. Turn EQ2 off and no longer a problem.
    Could this be a DX11 issue?
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

ZUES wrote:
    To say it is a compatibility issue on Sony's end is far understating the reality of the situation.
    We are always working towards eliminating the cause of every reported issue that we can affect. At times things cannot be directly affected or a multitude of contributing factors are involved.
    We also do not use DX11 in EQ2. It's all DX9.
  19. ARCHIVED-Segovesus Guest

Also having this problem... Radeon HD 6970 with Catalyst 11.5 in Windows 7 x64
  20. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

A lot of the ones I read about are DX11 video cards.