mouse click spin outs with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ardrek, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bloobie New Member

I have the same issue (Windows 8.1). The camera occasionally "resets" to a 0 (direct look up) and it seems to happen when I right-click my mouse to move. I've executed the Microsoft registry fix. No difference. I've also tried disabling scaling on high DPI settings. No difference. I have a ticket open with Sony, but so far all I've gotten is the traditional "we're very busy and may take awhile to get back to you" response. This bug is a big problem and I've already died from it (can happen anytime; combat, running down a cliffside). I haven't had this issue in any other game I play.
  2. Leasha Member

Well, it seems my mouse spinning issue has finally been resolved. Hopefully this will work for anyone else on Windows 8.1. I had applied the "Update rollup 2903939" and it didn't fix the problem but I hadn't realized that the patch didn't automatically apply to EQ2. Scanning through the list of games that the update applies to, EQ2 was nowhere to be found. After following the instructions to add the registry key for "NoDTToDITMouseBatch" to both of the EQ2 client executables that I was using, the issues finally went away. I've been playing EQ2 for the past week and the camera hasn't spun once since this fix. I even purposefully tried to pan the camera around excessively but it just continued to rotate normally. Prior to this fix, it would spin every few seconds that I had to pan the camera angle around or even click on parts of the screen with my mouse. I've never been so happy about a camera panning fix in all my life because now I can finally fly in the direction I intended without being spun back into the opposite direction and feeling disoriented, especially while tanking.

I hope this fix resolves the issue for anyone else on Windows 8.1 that had the same challenges as me:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279/en-us
  3. Castles Active Member

this needs to be fixed within the game client asap. been back a week and trying to get a friend to play also and now this shows up. win 8.1 is here to stay and doing regedit and run a command as per the fix is not not the answer...
    Juraviel likes this.
  4. Bloobie New Member

I've modified the registry accordingly (e.g. NoDTToDITMouseBatch) and the problem still persists. What's sad is I created a ticket through the sony ticket system, and the individual handling the ticket (TSR Samson L.) said the following:

"I'm sorry to hear you are encountering issues with EverQuest II. If you feel it is a client related bug (such as the thread you had linked), then please post on the official EverQuest II forums under the Bug Report section for the development team to review, investigate, and fix."

Wow, so creating a ticket, specifically designed to report bugs, is not the right way to get the company to research this? Also, we must apparently post this issue under the "Bug Report" section... which does not exist.

On top of that, we now have 3 pages of problems duplicated by numerous people (with some claiming a fix while others have not) dating back to October 2013 without a single comment from anyone at SoE.

It's obvious somebody (or multiple people) at SoE are dropping the ball, or they simply do not care about this problem.

Oh, and this issue only happens in EQ2 for me. No other game has been affected. *sigh*
  5. Danejasho Member

I did the registry fix, and it handled about 95% of my "spin outs". I still get one or two here and there, but not enough for it to be bothersome (yet). Running Windows 8.1 x64 on an Asus motherboard, with a Logitech G500 mouse and Logitech G510 kb.
  6. ravenbud555 New Member

This issue makes the game nearly unplayable. I've flown inadvertently into mobs and hazards, it spins out when I'm trying to avoid boss scripts and is generally a major flaw that needs corrected ASAP. For me it happens 4-5 times a minute on two completely different computers using completely different mice.

I've also contacted support numerous times and both Joseph B. & Samson L. are no help at all. Their answers are the same as others are suggesting. "Don't post in the official issues reporting tool, use the forum or in game bug reporting".

Here is a link of me doing it in action. The video doesn't make it clear but all that I am doing is clicking (either right or left mouse) about every few seconds on the far wall.

SOE please address this issue or gives use clear directions on how to address it ourselves.
    Juraviel and Bloobie like this.
  7. Bloobie New Member

Yup, this is exactly what happens to me as well, both on left and right mouse clicks - and it will happen often - sometimes 2-3 times every minute. I believe the camera may be resetting to 0, hence to upwards and directional spin. I also have a G500 mouse, running Windows 8.1 x64.
  8. Castles Active Member

9. Bloobie New Member

Not sure what to say; I uninstalled my G500 drivers, and now when I try to install KB2908279, it says "This update is not applicable to your computer." Problem persists, even with the latest G500 drivers. Note I have the proper registry entries as well.

Regardless, Sony should really look into this, and the fact not a single SoE moderator or dev has made a peep in this forum shows they really don't care. Also, I was spinning every 60 or so seconds tonight, which is what caused me to reinstall the drivers and try again.

Note I'm getting the spin in wide open areas, and it seems to be very random. Sometimes I'll get it every 30-60 seconds, sometimes I won't get it for 5 minutes...
  10. Sigrah500 New Member

Juraviel likes this.
  11. Bloobie New Member

Unfortunately I've tried every recommended fix; none of them work. As I mentioned, the biggest issue here is SoE is completely ignoring this thread, and the mods who are responsible for keeping an eye on these forums and either participating in or reporting bugs like this are absent. New slogan for SoE: The lights are on, but nobody's home!
  12. rbm1956 Member

Just for information I have done the registry fix on my win 8.1 and it fixed the problem.
  13. Bloobie New Member

Are you playing via Steam, and did you get an error when you tried to install KB2908279? Did you only add the EverQuest2.exe file for the NoDTToDITMouseBatch setting?
  14. rbm1956 Member

I used EQ2.exe in the setting
  15. Bloobie New Member

I did a complete wipe and re-install of EQ2. While the problem isn't as bad as it once was, it's still there (the mouse tweaks out every few minutes now instead of every 10 seconds). Note I executed the fixes related to KB2908279 and have both EQ2.exe and EverQuest2.exe in the registry. At this point I've given up that anyone from SoE will respond to or address this; even a /bug report in-game has proved to be fruitless.
  16. Juraviel Active Member

I just got a brand new gaming pc that came with Windows 8.1 preinstalled and I am having these issues all of a sudden. It happened once in a blue moon on my old computer running Windows 7 but ever since I got the new pc with 8.1 it's been nearly unplayable due to the camera unexpectedly spinning and/or zooming randomly when using the mouse to move, click items and so forth.

I've done some reading on the forums and have tried two different fixes that were suggested - the registry edit and the program compatibility disable display scaling, but neither has worked for me so far.

I'm running Windows 8.1 with a fresh installation of EQ2 and using a Logitech M510 wireless mouse, however this continues to happen when I use my wired Azza usb gaming mouse, so I have ruled out it being the actual mouse itself.

Has there been any update to the 8.1 issue and if so where might I get this information?

Thank you,

Jura
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

You may have simply not mentioned that you did it.. but just in case you didn't: the registry edit requires the associated hotfix be installed in order to function. Just tweaking the registry itself won't do it.
    Seefar likes this.
  18. Sharmillie New Member

I'm running winxp and today all day and night i been getting spinning and/or running non stop. It's never done it to me before but rebooting seemed to help somewhat...when it starts i hear a noise like paper stuck in a fan but not very loud and my numbers lock light seems to go off and on then corrects itself and I can move normally again. Soooo weird.
  19. Juraviel Active Member

When I download the Microsoft hotfix that is linked above and open it I get a message stating that the hotfix is not applicable on this machine. I can only assume that my version of Windows 8.1 already has it installed. My computer was built and sent to me on Feb. 10, 2014 with Windows 8.1 preinstalled. I've gone through my list of Windows updates (which is up to date as of me typing this) and do not see one listed for KB2908279.
  20. Juraviel Active Member

I really hope that someone from SOE will be able to provide a solution for this issue as the game is nearly unplayable at this point for me. I was so excited to get a brand new gaming PC and see how much better EQ2 would run after all of these years playing - it runs amazing on the highest settings and looks beautiful - but it is unplayable due to the camera jolting all over randomly when I click on something, go to change my camera view or just try to run around using the mouse.

I've tried everything that others have suggested with no improvement, read through the Microsoft updates and threads and am running out of ideas. This is posted on the Microsoft website where the download for the update is :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279/en-us

Note If you are a game developer or you provide support for a game, and you experience this issue in your games, apply this solution. If this solution resolves the issue, and the game is not included in the "Games that this update applies to" list, you can provide a registry update for the game.

PS - I wanted to clarify that it is not my character that is spinning or anything - it is the camera view. Someone above mentioned that their character was spinning/running and that is not the same issue.
    Seefar likes this.