mouse click spin outs with Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ardrek, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Ardrek Member

installed Win8.1 a couple of days ago and now every once in a while my mouse spins my characters.

it's a short quick spin, I might look up, I might look down. I might end up turning left or right.
    happens a few times an hour.

anyone else have this problem? any suggestions ?
    Corsair M60 mouse,
    I updated firmware, updated software, I turned the reporting down from 1k/sec to 500/sec to 250/sec, no change , . The mouse was in a USB 3.0, It's now in a USB 2.0, no change.
    spins still happen
  2. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Regular problem, and it doesn't need Windows 8.1
    Just hit the windows start key, but click back on the game ignoring the pop up menu - instant fix
  3. Cube Active Member

People use windows 8?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. earthy New Member

Same problem,

I never had problems till i updated to windows 8.1, i can't get fixed... so im afraid i need to roll back to just windows 8

Last 2-3 days i realy got grumpy from this warping mousepointer.

anyone found a solution yet ?
  5. gem62 New Member

Same problem, anyone with a solution?
  6. Ratza Well-Known Member

It's an old problem been around forever....I think it was first really noticed for me back in ROK...I still use WinXP and occasionally get the problem....all you need to do is click anywhere on your PC desktop and then go back to the game....I run dual monitors so clicking on desktop on second monitor fixes it...otherwise do what the above said and click on your start key or drop to your desktop and clcik on it.
  7. Thogul Member

Using Windows 8, but never had this problem. Had it a looooong time ago, when I used a regular mouse. Bought a Marble Mouse, reveled in never running out of room to move my mouse, never spun again, did a happy dance!
  8. Alton Member

It's total coincidence, I suppose, but I began experiencing the same behavior right after my 8.1 upgrade.

But if it's been in the game the whole time, well, I guess we both just got lucky together. heh.
  9. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

I've noticed it more often after the 8.1 update, but I've always had this experience. It's not usually too bad, just a twist. It's only scary when I'm moving near a dropoff to instant death (like the bridges and ledges in The Hole).
  10. Pariel Active Member

Just wanted to add to this - I've noticed it since I installed Win 8.1 - spins out randomly using left or right mouse button.

It never seemed to do this in Win 7.
  11. Bashem Well-Known Member

people with mouse problem have you tried swapping mouse to see if problem stops.
  12. Castles Active Member

this is a very old feature, happens at the worst time, usually when we are moving the mouse ;P it's been in the game for years, i am running win7 atm.
  13. Megatonit New Member

Not my video, but maybe this will help.
  14. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

This isn't really that same thing. This problem has been around since well before Windows 8. This is the situation where your view radically snaps 90 degrees up or down in an instant. It's usually up for me.

I haven't had a latency problem with my mouse in Win7, Win8, or Win8.1 that wasn't related to my wireless receiver dealing with interference.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  15. Sigurthr New Member

This isn't a problem isolated to EQ2. The EQ2 specific mouse flip is several years old and does pop up from time to time but has the windows key fix (alt enter twice works too). The EQ2 issue only moves the mouse position by about 90degrees, while the 8.1 issue moves it by 180degrees or more (more accurately, the EQ2 one moves the actual cursor by maybe a half inch of screen space, where as the 8.1 issue moves the mouse by several inches).

Win 8.1 introduced an additional mouse position reporting bug that has been around since the 8.1 preview several months ago. It is being reported across various system configurations with a multitude of mice. Most 8.1 users don't notice or mind it though as outside of a gaming/graphics/design environment it is a non crucial issue. A quick google search yields results across all major gaming communities.

I had this error when I upgraded to 8.1 as well. It would trigger about once every 3 to 4 minutes. Nothing fixed it at all. I wound up rolling back to windows 8 (which is actually a full reinstall of 8, there's no direct downgrade path). Have not had the problem at all on 8.
  16. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Things are getting clouded here as there are currently two different problems being discussed - both having been around for years
    1) Spin outs - click the mouse and character begins spinning one way or the other - and keeps spinning - fixed by clicking out of the game window - eg windows key then back to game, or if you are playing windowed, just click off the game window.
    2) "90 degree "snap" - click a mouse button and the point of view instantly snaps approx. 90 degrees - often straight up but sometimes to one side or the other. The character does not actually move as it does in problem 1. Needs no action to fix other than to turn to face the required direction
    Both have been happening for years. I suffer them on some PC's and not others. Nothing I have has Windows 8
  17. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

I do think the mouse problems in Win8.1 are a bit worse than before. Whether that is the fault of Microsoft, vendor driver, or combo of the two doesn't really matter, but it is a bit more wonky lately. I still had the problems before though, just not quite as often as I do now.
  18. AudieMurphy New Member

This has been a problem for me on both Windows 7 and 8 for the past few years, although upgrading to 8.1 seems to have exacerbated the problem (8.1 changed the way that some programs use mouse input, so that could be the reason). It's an extremely annoying bug.

Did this on my old Logitech G500 and my current Corsair M65.
  19. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yes, since Win 8.1 update this has gotten a lot worse. It doesn't matter which mouse I use. The issue I have is the mouse click suddenly changes your view 90-180 degrees. It happened once in a great while before, but since the upgrade it is happening oh, 10 times per dungeon? It doesn't happen in other games so this is more of an EQ2 problem than Windows, but 8.1 has definitely made it a lot worse.
  20. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

have not experienced this on W7 or 8.1 - but it maybe because I am using a MS Gaming mouse - sidewinder X8