Mount Training

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Gerak, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Can you show us a screenshot of your Mount tab open?
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

That looks like the default UI window. If you click on the icon of the saddle with the blue background, that should take you to the window with the training button.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Exactly. My pic was showing this window AND the subsequent window, side by side. The blue button with the saddle is what you want.

I can't recall how long ago I took that screenshot, but at that moment, my UI was NOT showing the saddle button (yet). It's changed since then.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's not a bug - it's a "feature". You can train your mount in any zone that you can use your mount in! Keep in mind that T1 and T2 guild halls do NOT get mount bonuses; you can't train your mount while in those. You can't train your mount in regular homes, or in the smaller prestige homes (lavastorm home, everfrost, etc.) that don't allow you to use your mount speed. You CAN train the mount in any home that actually gives you the mount speed (and/or lets you fly), such as the Mistmoore and Deepwater homes.

It's actually quite logical, once you pay attention to where you can actually do it and where you can't. I am not saying that I LIKE having to leave my guild hall in order to do my mount training, but that's the way they have it set up right now.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with your UI, which is why you're all getting mixed results. It just has to do with WHICH house or WHICH guild hall you're trying to do this in.
    Dude, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Let's clarify, if your mount is already training, such training continues while you are in the guild hall or house, or even if the mount is not summoned. It's STARTING a training session that you cannot do in a zone where you can't use the mount.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If I didn't say that very well, that's what I had meant. :) My only excuse is that I was tired, and I'm sticking to that! :p
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find current information on mount training.
    1. Are there mounts that can't be trained?
    2. Are there specific character requirements that must be met to begin training? (level, and so forth)
    3. Is there a comprehensive description of this feature in a wiki somewhere? (I did google but only found limited info).
    4. Is there a list of where they can be trained? For example, which prestige houses you can train in? I have a crafting hub that I may go through the process of moving to find a place where I can train my mounts. (I realize you can't train them in the guild hall and I've not been able to train them in my Grand Hall prestige house). Edit: I found the fly/no fly list in a thread so I will go test those out for training mounts.
    5. I have been only able to train mounts on one account. The account I can't train mounts on is all access. To explain a few details, I have two all access accounts. On one of them I can train mounts on most characters as long as I'm outside. On the second account, I can't train mounts. As an example, my ratonga wizard, Cappuccino, level 100, Halls of Fate server, cannot train her mount. I can see the mount train window and I know how to train mounts as I have do it on the other account. I've tried changing mounts, summoning and unsummoning and resummoning. Is there some thing you have to do to qualify to train?
    Sorry for so many questions but I decided to try and problem solve this instead of just ignoring it. :)
  10. Celan Active Member

"The Chaos Descending Expansion is required to use this feature" is the message I get when trying to train a mount on an account that does not have CD.
    You may want to check that you've turned on all kind of messages if you can not see that one in your chat window.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks, I don't have that expansion on that account. That explains it.
    Breanna likes this.