Mother Lode

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Figger, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Figger New Member

2. Alenna Well-Known Member

when you started where did you start new halas(frostfang sea) kelethin(Greater feydark), Neriak(Darklight woods) or Gorowyn(Timorous deep)?
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

There is no true neutral in this game, just exile which is hated by everyone. You must be Qeynos ("good" aligned) to have the Neriak guards hate you. You can betray and earn faction with them, or choose another zone within your faction to quest in, like Greater Faydark, or a more neutral place like Halas or Timorous Deep.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I am surprised you were not killed by the guards in the camp you got the quest in. Unless you are evil alignment, you can't do many of the quests in Darklight Wood until the guards are so low level they do not see you.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Well, if you ask reeeeeally nicely, someone with Call of the Veteran can go to the point in the middle of the bridge, then call you to that point.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Or someone like me could show up and slaughter the guards.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Or that, yeah. :D
  8. Eradani Well-Known Member

or you could get to 95 crafting and fly in
    lol or not
  9. eucalyptus New Member

Have estred kill the guards in his pow pow pow gear and 92 avatar bp that should be mythical!
  10. Tetrol Well-Known Member

You can do all the quests after the starting town just by standing in the right spot - you can find a spot to talk to all the quest givers without aggroing the guards, up until the shadow oak - because those guards stand either side of the door. Stealth works on those two though.
    I usually log an alt , kill the guards then relog the questing character - there is plenty of time between respawns. or ask a friend......
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

That really is petty. By saying a "player like myself" I simply meant a level 95. In multiple threads I have addressed why I clarified some suggestions with stating my gear. What works for me may not work for you. Tetrol's method works just as well.
  12. eucalyptus New Member

And I was just suggesting that you appear conceited in many of your posts. I know you try to be helpful you often seem to come off arrogant in the way that you type. There's many good players here in better guilds that don't have to do that.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

That is fine, point taken. I will try to refrain from such phrasing that may seem arrogant. It was not my intention and easily though you could have used different wording to not sound condescending towards me. Feedback is fine, but poking fun is rather annoying and usually can start flames.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Mmm... flames....

/em pulls out the gasoline.
    er...
    /em pulls out the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers.
    I mean flaming is bad. Be nice... like I always am! :D Yeah...
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Haha, now I want marshmallows, darn you!
  16. Figger New Member

I was in Neriak(Darklight woods) and i now notice alot of NPC's are dread guards but some are 'red' and the 'red' ones dont like neutral players and they kill me.
    But something strange just happened today, while fighting, i accidentally clicked the 4, which is 'call of honor' and i was moved to 'Qeynos' and the 'red' 'dread guards' dont kill me there, which is only reason i like being there. But there are less quests and tougher monsters there. How can I get back to 'Neriak'???
  17. Tetrol Well-Known Member

1) It's not the red colour of the name that indicates aggro, it's a red outline to the name that means aggro. The main part of the name being red simply indicates the mob is of quite a bit higher level than you. The red outline is the same for any mob from green con through blue, white, yellow and orage to red - it means that mob will attack you if you get insiude it's aggro range. By home city, Freeport and Neriak guards will attack good aligned characters (or exiles), Qeynos guards attack evils and exiles, but anyone can walk around New Halas, Gorowyn or Kelethin (exception, the guards on the Kelethin Royal platform who will attack evils/exiles)
    2) To get back to Darklight Wood as a good aligned character - the easiest is simply ships bell to the Commonlands, run across CL to the DLW entrance - watch out there are DLW guards near the zone in - easily avoided. Another way, if you have access to a druid ring - there is a druid ring in DLW. You can also zone in from Nek forest, but that is more dangerous than taking the CL entrance.