Most Visually Stunning Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Pumpkin, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Pumpkin Member

What zone do you feel is the most stunning?

Or, if u got a new gaming rig what zone would you want to check out first?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Parts of Veeshan are the most beautiful, IMO. However, I see something beautiful in game nearly every day. Sunrises, sunsets and moonrises are some of my favorites.
    Xille, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

EQ II has better scenary than most MMOs I have played in the past.

Some scenary in other MMOs are either dull looking, or the colors are so saturated I get a headache.

EQ II is just right.
    Xille, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

New Tunaria and the Throne of New Tunaria (instance). This zone never got much use back in the day and would be the perfect candidate to be reused as a new "Fabled" area.

Return to Felwithe.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Oh wow, how to even answer this one. There've been so many scenic and momentous areas in the game that I don't think I could ever pick just one.

There's something oddly beautiful about the giant black hole that is present in the Void.

New Tunaria is pretty majestic.

I was completely awestruck the first time I resdiscovered the old Combine city in Kunark. Timorous Deep has beautiful geography.

The Village of Shin is marvelous for its Asian influences, as are all the bamboo forests surrounding Hua Mein village in the Sundered Frontier.

I could easily list something magnificent about just about every area in the game.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Eryslai is really pretty.
    Bludd, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Pumpkin Member

Veeshan Peak?

Sorry I don't play at top level so if its a new zone I have no idea.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Lesser Faydark. I just wish that they hadn't made all the Brownies and Satyrs redundant.
    Dude, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I'm not that far into the game but I must say that I think everything I see is visually stunning.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  10. DustyBurrito Member

Honestly, I love Greater Faydark as a whole. Kelethin is a beautiful tree top city, though maybe I'm biased due to my love of Fae.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Kylong Plains is my favorite area.
  12. Renamoriko New Member

I love The Conservatory, Lesser Faydark, and is it weird to say Obol Plains and Eidolon Jungle? Something about the afterlife is so mystical. Also some of the Grotto zones and Cobalt Scar. They have nice color schemes.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Xevran Well-Known Member

All the original Kunark zones are super good looking. The Isle of Mara is really good too.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. The-Plethora Active Member

For me it is the caves, yes the newbie area off queynos harbor. I love the look and atmosphere of that place. I hope one day they extend it, make a tunnel running off it into some high level zone, that would be awesome.
    Cusashorn likes this.
  15. Warlyx Active Member

^ this , high elves zones are always impressive.
    Obano likes this.
  16. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Plane of magic was really nice. Personally my favorite zone is Tenebrous Tangle
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

Crank up settings and stroll through the vestigial observatory, i mean its just a treat for the eyes, specifically the area of the final boss.
  18. Shardrell New Member

New Tunaria shows the potential of EQ2 graphically/artistically. Sadly today’s expansions have zones with pretty terrible art design/textures. Even worse bad designs from the past are reused. I wish they visited New Tunaria and in more depth.

Village of Shin was pretty good as well. Kylong Plains is probably one of the better larger zones in the game.

I really did not like the direction they went with Chains of Eternity. I get it we are in the etherverse but the palette/textures were so similar and ugly.

Blood of Luclin could have been so much better if Daybreak/Darkpaw had more resources.

Again if you never ventured into New Tunaria go there and look at the art/textures then zone into The Blinding. It’s a huge difference!!
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Observing Active Member

Forgotten Pools off of Great Divide
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

Have you done the Swords of Destiny timeline AT level? Mentoring doesn't count. Finish that timeline then decide you don't spend enough time in NT