Most raid gear are now useless?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by semisus, Jun 18, 2019.

1. semisus Does not play this game

Everything below 95 resolve and even 95 stuff are now obsolete? i think u guys went way overboard with the stats on new items
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Yes and everything you earn will be obsolete by November, including spell upgrades with the coming level increase.

Welcome to EQ2.
    Dude and Soara2 like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except you can only wear 3 of the ethereal armor pieces, given the relic tags. So you've got 5 other armor slots.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

You know this means everything below t4 loot is obsolete , not all guilds are killing t3-t4 myth now
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

im not talking about the ethereal armor pieces im talking about the 90-95 resolve raid stat loot in expert dungeons.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What does it matter? Come November, we will have a new expansion and new levels and new raid zones. Progression, man!

I'm thrilled that I am able to get the odds and ends of good raid gear without the prerequisites, cleared out the stuff waiting in my bags.
    Dude, Soara2, Kuulei and 1 other person like this.
  7. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

And now those guilds who hadn't gotten to T4 loot have a boost in resolve to get to the higher tiers of raiding. Seems to make sense (and pretty much in line with every prior summer content release).
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

I think this is a good change. What they are saying is that, after a week or two of farming experts, everyone should be ready for T4 raids. So T4 raids are the base level give where we are at the expansion cycle. I am sure they will add new raid soon in a month or two which will increase the resolve on loot.
    Dude, Soara2 and Satara like this.
  9. Satara Member

Believe me, is a good thing. I am returned in Eq2 this year and before 2015 (when I stopped) very few people and guilds continued to play after April/May (I think all the 'old' player remember the zones without people at all in Summer).
    With this little boost I see zones always full of people that has a good reason to continue playing, farminf and have fun.
    The guilds with t3+ items will continue without issue their progression but the guilds with lower resolve have a good chance to get better equip and try to clear all the raid zones up to T4/Myth. :)
    Dude and Soara2 like this.
  10. Avithax Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the gear leveled with us, the adornments changed and added higher abilities and the raid zones were gated behind skill and not just a gear grind.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If that was the case, no one would play.

All RPGs are about the "power shopping", getting bigger and better gear.
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

I play another game with almost 200k population that I have not changed my gear for over 5 years, only the adornments. And I can do any group or raid content they have to offer. Not ALL RPG's are based on gear grind.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I hate adornments. They are a pain in the rear.
    Breanna likes this.