Fixed Internally More on Cross-Server Chat Bugs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Niami DenMother, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Cross server chat channels, when trying to access from Test and from MD, at the very least, are still quite messed up.

1. /test (if on Test, or /test.test if on another server) -
    a) the /whochannel shows a ton of folks in channel who aren't even online -- to the point that this channel, which normally has about 20-30 folks in it, has over 100.
    b) if you say something in the channel from Test, other people on Test can see it.
    c) if you say something in channel from another server (MD was used), the folks on Test that are in-channel can see it, but the folks elsewhere can't see it, including the person who typed the message.
    i.e., you get total radio silence if you're not on the Test server, though your babble can get through.

2. /antonia_bayle.homeshow
    a) the /whochannel shows a ton of folks in channel who aren't even online
    b) cannot join from Maj Dul. Could join from Test, but getting total radio silence when trying to chat from Test. Assuming messages not going through, but I didn't have the oomph to stay on longer and test simultaneously from Test and AB.
    Wulfen, Chienne-Guk, Dude and 8 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On Maj'Dul, the Homeshow channel shows as an option in its usual chat box, but I can't select it and have it stick. I haven't seen any message from the Homeshow in days and days.
    Jaxyn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sounds like Platform touched uChat, a 15 year old system, and it didn't like being touched.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

This was my test with Kuulei.
    [IMG]
    • I talked to Test.Test from Test,
      • it worked and I saw the message
      • Test players could seed me
      • other servers couldn't.
    • Maj_Dul.Kuulei talked in Test.Test from Maj'Dul,
      • She didn't see her message showing anywhere and got no error message
      • message wasn't visible for her from Maj'Dul
      • message was visible from Test
    /whochannel shows every char who logged in since it crashed.
    Same problem happens from Test trying to speak in Thurgadin.Storms and Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow.
    Wulfen, Jaxyn, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  5. Jaxyn Member

I have been unable to see Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow from Hall of Fate server for 2 weeks or more; multiple characters.

People on Antonia Bayle and in Homeshow channel can see my posts, but I can't see ANYTHING in the channel. Nor can I see Test chat. I haven't looked to see if I can see either channel from servers other than Antonia Bayle.

Homeshow is one of my main chat channels, much more useful than General, so this is quite an issue for me.

Please address and/or update.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What worries me is all those times (more than once, for sure) when Thurgadin's constituent servers back in the day were persona non gratis as well; totally cut off from the rest of the world, for up to MONTHS at a time. :-/

Hopefully this won't take months to fix.

Uwk
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Same here, but I do note that the persons in the channel cleared up (there were 40ish people showing on a /whochannel Test from Test instead of the 100+ list we had).
    I just don't play anymore because of that. I'm not grouping and such obviously or I wouldn't be on Test, but I do like being in a MMORPG to play with other folks living around me and have some background noise around me. I can't get that with the 5 or 6 real people around on Test and it's getting lonely.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi,
    I also was distressed by Antonia_bayle.homeshow not working. Ennia was kind enough to explain to me via a one
    way cross server tell what was going on. The cross server chat was/is borked. Sounds like it's a code maintained
    by a Dev who isn't working there anymore. Hopefully some kind Dev will pick it up, it's pretty lonely out here in
    the literal wilderness without homeshow.

What's platform and uchat? Gah! :)

Just adding my two cents please fix. Even if it's just for a few people, lots of us have multiple subs. Thank you!
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Platform -- the team in charge of the care and feeding of the server hamsters and making sure everything is still "getting along" -- from the website to the launcher to the game servers.

uChat -- the chat/mail system that underlies EQ and EQ2 which allows you to chat between games. It's... very old.
  11. daicia Well-Known Member

I'm here to add to the list of people unhappy about this. I just returned after a long time away and I'm a solo player and that channel is my only community in the game, so not having it is really spoils the game experience for me. Between the missing community and the horrific, tedious grind they added to end-game crafting and I'm not sure how long I will stay.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Doggone, I had hoped this would be fixed today :(
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, related in any way, but ever since the latest update/patch/whatever this morning, the in-game mail seems to be eeeeveeen sllloooowwerrrr than it was. Ostensibly, when you open a letter (and there's no lag spike, no loss of FPS reported), it should be pretty instantaneous, along with sending a reply. Nothing to both, for several seconds (granted, that doesn't seem like much, but several whole seconds vs. like half a nanosecond is noticeable). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

**BUMP** Needs fixing now!
    Wulfen and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Wulfen Active Member

I paid for last year's expansion, and I shall continue doing so as long as fixed income allows. But I shall not be playing up in the moon for quite some time. So all the exhortations of "Gear Up, Level Up", fall on deaf, uncaring ears. I LIKE living under my rock, playing the game at my pace, keeping the chat window constantly in view. Sorely missed has been the Antonia_Bayle.homeshow channel, and finally someone explained to me that effectively it's just not there if you live on the Maj'Dul server. So sad... I can't see all those familiar names of highly respected players who have been so helpful to me all these sixteen years when I needed help understanding something. I /waved to you all... I know I can't see you /wave back. At risk of being banned, I'm going to use the word "Outrageous". The game needs a supervisor to point... "You... and you... and you.... spend some hours fixing this". The game isn't all about moon stuff.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I still cannot see Homeshow from HoF
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am still seeing people from all different servers attempting to chat in the antonia_bayle.homeshow channel. Antonia Bayle people see everything but people on other servers cannot see anything, including what they said. How do we fix this? It is important that we can chat so we can help each other which is a very frequent thing. We cannot advertise events that are starting or ending either. Please help! :(
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

19. Ratalthor Developer

This will be fixed in an upcoming chat maintenance.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Breanna likes this.